How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by EstherGamer »

Syndicate wrote: November 16th, 2023, 3:57:08 am Officially 3700 words into the 5000 word report for my assessment!
There's 100 other students in my course and two assessors. I can't imagine reading 50 x 5000 word reports would be fun.
Good luck with the rest of it, and if you want to then feel free to tell those two that someone on the internet wishes them luck too, sounds like they're going to need it!
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

This morning I read that the US is going to continue to be part of China's panda conservation program, which makes me absolutely thrilled! :yey:

Pandas are my favorite animal, so when I saw that the San Diego Zoo was having to return them, I was really saddened. All pandas are property of the Chinese government, and because they are on the IUCN red list, they have to be contracted out to zoos (it's $1 million per panda given on loan). Because the San Diego Zoo's 10 year contract had ended, they had to relinquish their breeding pair back to China (though I read that they were diligently looking to renew their contracts). And it seems like ever since, all of the US zoos were having to do the same. I was especially alarmed to see Zoo Atlanta was the only place in the entire country that had giant pandas, and that by 2024, there would be no more pandas in the US. That made me want to cry... T_T

Given the rising political and economic tensions between the US and China, I really believed they would not grant any new contracts to our zoos. Thankfully I was wrong! I am wondering, though, if it has anything to do with Biden and Xi meeting up the other day to discuss lowering tensions between our countries? Xi was calling the pandas envoys of friendship between the Chinese and Americans... :t-shrug: Whatever the case may be, I'm just happy to see the beloved pandas returning to US zoos! <3 Hopefully we'll be able to contribute to the breeding program and lift their conservation status once again.
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

The new medicine is making me so nauseous. It did the last time I was on it, so I was expecting it; it should be gone in another day or so, but it's annoying and makes me sleepy.

My manager is fantastic, though. At around 1:30 today, I looked at her and was like, "Blue, I'm mentally checked out" and she just goes, "Yeah, that's fair". And I did not another damn thing for the rest of the day :lol: She's a gem.

Hopefully I can get some solid rest in tonight. The new shades on my windows are blackout shades, and they mean it. It blocks out just about every scrap of sunlight; my room looks like it's the middle of the night even when the sun's up. I love it. Maybe it'll also help convince a certain puppy of mine that it's still bedtime at 8 AM :P
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

MadameRed wrote: November 17th, 2023, 8:45:07 pm Hopefully I can get some solid rest in tonight. The new shades on my windows are blackout shades, and they mean it. It blocks out just about every scrap of sunlight; my room looks like it's the middle of the night even when the sun's up. I love it. Maybe it'll also help convince a certain puppy of mine that it's still bedtime at 8 AM :P
Can I have yours? My curtains are horrible at blocking out light, and the neighbors have a motion sensor and that light keeps turning off, then on (shining through my windows where the curtains don't block the light), then off again, then on again, and it makes it impossible to sleep.
I literally have a second curtain to try and cover the worst weak points of my main ones and it still bothers me...
(Though the cat doesn't help with sleep either)
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Getting ready to do some continuing education. Can't say it is what I want to do on a Sunday, but oh well. At least the lectures have some promise to be interesting.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

EstherGamer wrote: November 18th, 2023, 6:45:50 am
MadameRed wrote: November 17th, 2023, 8:45:07 pm Hopefully I can get some solid rest in tonight. The new shades on my windows are blackout shades, and they mean it. It blocks out just about every scrap of sunlight; my room looks like it's the middle of the night even when the sun's up. I love it. Maybe it'll also help convince a certain puppy of mine that it's still bedtime at 8 AM :P
Can I have yours? My curtains are horrible at blocking out light, and the neighbors have a motion sensor and that light keeps turning off, then on (shining through my windows where the curtains don't block the light), then off again, then on again, and it makes it impossible to sleep.
I literally have a second curtain to try and cover the worst weak points of my main ones and it still bothers me...
(Though the cat doesn't help with sleep either)
I'll see if I can get the brand and model my dad purchased. The shade part of it feels like, papery flimsy, but they block out so much light, and you just have to move the base up and down, they're very smooth to operate. They did not, however, convince my puppy to let me sleep in; I still had a fuzzy black bullet launching himself at me at Mach 3 at 7:30 in the morning.

I hooked my TV and soundbar up last night and totally forgot about the subwoofer for my soundbar. It still sounds fine, but I really have to find that...

It's been nice and cold this weekend, so I've had my bedroom windows open. My room is like an icebox and I couldn't be happier about it ^_^ I also got to pull out my extra thick blanket and throw that overtop of everything else. I have returned to sleeping in a mountain of blankets and in doing so have finally arrived at my happy place once more.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Oh my gosh, I am so tired. Like narcoleptic tired lol. I hopped onto the lupus reddit and saw others had the exact same issue when starting one of the meds, and that they felt worse before feeling better. I just have to hang in there for a month or two before that fatigue goes away. I have my follow-up next month, so if anything I can ask my doctor about it. I might call the pharmacy tomorrow just to be uber sure.

I really don't want to quit the medication if I can. The amount of positive things I've heard about people's lives improving makes me want to push through the side effects as best I can.
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

one of my favorite rocks is losing its pattern. it's shiny and near-black, and used to have a line of pale yellow smudgy patterns on it. i used to think it looked like little clouds. now it's faded to mostly its dark color and the pale marks look like just dirt scuffs. oh well. some rocks distort if exposed to sun or moisture over time, maybe whatever this one is made of is one of the ones that does that. i don't know what kind it is, it was a present. now i'm worried i'm going to end up mistaking it for one of the shiny black rocks i get in baggies full for my plants. i wonder if i put it somewhere special if i'll remember why it's there, memory is almost never on my side though
Syndicate
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Syndicate »

The Post Malone concert was amazing. It would’ve been even more amazing if it wasn’t on a Tuesday night/work night. I’ve never seen the crowd so tame >.<
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Was about to drop my hot hair straightener, grabbed it without thinking. I now have a burn on my pinkie. :facepalm:
Thankfully it wasn't a curling iron, or it would have been my entire palm!
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!

Return to “Community Discussion”