Only the Strong (Yet another wolf story)

This section is for writing that is completely your own, including the world it is set in

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

jolley852
CreaturesTrade
Location: Sitting and my computer, staring at the shiny mouse icon.

Only the Strong (Yet another wolf story)

Post by jolley852 »

So, I'm starting all over again, and this is a wolf story I am going to finish. But trust me, I'll need motivation :headdesk: .

This story is about a wolf named Rayne who lives happily with her family, but after disaster strikes, Rayne and her sister, Dawn, are cast out by a challenge from their father, to prove that even the weakest of wolves can make it one their own. Pushed on only by courage, and their fathers threat, the two she-wolves face dangers bigger than they imagined. It is only when Rayne falls in love with a young wolf named Arrow, does she start to see her true destiny.

Prologue- Spirit King
Spoiler
I’m walking down an old hunter’s trail, one that has been used by my ancestors for many years. Sunlight is filtering through the leafy branches of the trees, casting a green shadow dapples on the ground. It is very quiet, no birds are singing, the river is silent, and no wind is rusting the leaves. It is an odd mixture of beauty and eeriness; it is a thing that makes me feel alone, totally and utterly alone.

I have been here before. This is a path that I’ve walked in my dreams many times before. I am scared, mainly because every time I’ve come here, one of my ancient ancestors speaks to me. My ancestors are as ancient as the oaks that line the forest; they are more savage and terrifying than even my father, Cliff, Alpha Male of our pack. They are as silent and as swift as the wind, and as strong and brave as the mountain. Ever since I was a pup, I have learned to respect my ancestors; I do not want to anger them.

I reach the end of the path, where a clear, still pool lies. I stare deep into its depths, and see myself. I have the same gray, thick fur, and familiar golden eyes stare right back at me. This time, however, something is different. Ripples swirl around in my fur, reflecting memories of the past, present, and future. I am shocked, the only wolves’ whose fur I’ve seen like this, is that of the river spirits. The only way that my fur could be like this, would be if I was…

“Dead”, I whisper, not quit believing the words that just left my mouth. How could I be dead? Then it all rushes back to me, I feel the sharp pain of the horns, and smell the sharp scent of blood. I shudder as a fresh memory of the pain sweeps over me, almost knocking me off my feet.

Suddenly, I spot movement in the shadows. A wolf steps out of the darkened protection of the tree. He is over half my height, one of the largest wolves I have ever seen. His pelt is a light gray, but, unlike my own pelt, he carries dark omens in his heavy fur. His eyes are an illuminant green that is frosted over by a hard, cold glare. I quickly lower my head, eyes focused on the ground. I have heard of this wolf, he is Kyofu, father of all forest, wind, and water spirits.

“You may rise,” Kyofu’s voice is like stone, hard and cold, but proud. I raise my head, being careful not to look into the royalties eyes. Kyofu momentarily looks impressed, but then turns back to his noble self and quietly says “Horace, son of Cliff, you have many questions, what is on your mind?”

“Great One,” I begin, unsure on how to address the powerful wolf “Is it true, am I dead”.

Kyofu stares at me for a moment, and then slowly replies, “My son, look all around you. You are in the world of your ancestors. Are you dead? Why, surely can’t you see?”

My last ounce of hope is gone with Kyofu’s words. Once again I feel a great pain in my chest, but this time it seems to go deeper, until it pierces my heart. I guess I knew that this day would come, and I have no deep regrets, but I can’t help but feel like I could have done something more, if only…

Kyofu fixes me once again with his stern gaze. “You have died an honorable death, Horus, do not trouble yourself about your oath. Your sister will face many threats that only she can get through, there was nothing more you can do for her. She will always carry you with her”.

I gaze at my reflection in the still pool “I know,” I say, my voice rising barely above a whisper “I just hope it’s enough”.

Kyofu’s fixes his emerald gaze into the distance “It will have to be”.
Happy Holidays
and Merry Christmas!
Total gifts: full! Thanks to all that gifted!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Re: Only the Strong (Yet another wolf story)

Post by Lunaheart »

That's really good! Keep it up cause I'm dying for more! <3 :D

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link

Return to “The Parlor”