A question

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Majick
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

A question

Post by Majick »

Well, I was wondering.

I see players with banners and avatars and whatnot of MagiStream creatures; some not altered too much and others have had their colors changed and image has been mirrored. And, I was wondering, do we need to get the express permission of the creature's creator before we make these? Or are we allowed to do with them as we please so long as we're not taking credit for the creature creation itself, only the modifications/banner/avatar/whatever we made?

Like, I wanted to make a banner for advertising my breeding that I do here on MagiStream over on a forum I am on, where other MagiStream players hang out. But, I haven't because I wasn't sure I'd be allowed and I didn't get to get in trouble over it. So yeah. That's it :angel:
Zovesta
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: A question

Post by Zovesta »

I always ask, just in case.
There are many different variations of me. Some say that each person has a unique one. Sometimes I will be closed, sometimes open to show the bones behind the wall. Sometimes I am kind, sometimes I am sinister. What am I? (PM answer)
Moth, eggs by Horsegirl901
Potion by Munin

Auction
QB Sale
LTB

ImageImageImageImageImage
MightyOak
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

This is an excellent question. So, how does one go about finding out who the artist is so we can ask them? I've been tinkering around to make a Heraldry thingy for a Puvia lineage I'll be starting soon. So, I think I should ask if I can even do that. :t-sweat:
ImageImageImageImage
-I'm always looking for french named lineages.
-I have a few donation creatures thanks to the generosity of others. If anyone would like to borrow one or more to breed for themselves, please contact me. It's free. Image
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Always better to ask first. You can check the "Artist Credit Thread" for who made what and pm them. That's what I did when I made my avatar.

Artist Credit Thread
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
MightyOak
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

Thank you very much :t-^_^:
ImageImageImageImage
-I'm always looking for french named lineages.
-I have a few donation creatures thanks to the generosity of others. If anyone would like to borrow one or more to breed for themselves, please contact me. It's free. Image
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

As far as I know, the only artists that don't allow for recolors/alterations of their sprites are Niwer and Bettyxme... correct me if I'm wrong.
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack
Raine
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raine »

FeralToki wrote:As far as I know, the only artists that don't allow for recolors/alterations of their sprites are Niwer and Bettyxme... correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope, that's right! So this means things like Pearl Wyrms, Koi and Brontotherium are good to go, but Quetzacoatl and the Naga Ally aren't :)
→ Egg Basket ☂
ImageImageImageImage
→ Hatchling Train ☂
Majick
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Majick »

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it! Darn, the Quetzacoatl are off limits? I was hoping to include them in my banner for Questborn Breeding pairs ... ah well :3 Again, thanks a bunch!
NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

Majick wrote:Thanks everyone, I appreciate it! Darn, the Quetzacoatl are off limits? I was hoping to include them in my banner for Questborn Breeding pairs ... ah well :3 Again, thanks a bunch!
I believe simply using BettyxMe and Niwer's creatures for banners and such is okay (I know I've seen quetzals in banners before) - it's just recolors that are off-limits. It can't hurt to PM them and make double sure.
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
Firepaw
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

NKfloofiepoof wrote:
Majick wrote:Thanks everyone, I appreciate it! Darn, the Quetzacoatl are off limits? I was hoping to include them in my banner for Questborn Breeding pairs ... ah well :3 Again, thanks a bunch!
I believe simply using BettyxMe and Niwer's creatures for banners and such is okay (I know I've seen quetzals in banners before) - it's just recolors that are off-limits. It can't hurt to PM them and make double sure.
... I was asking Morg if selling banners/other stuffs with the creature sprite on it was allowed... :cool:
(just copy-pasting, not altering said sprite in any way)

But if that's allowed, simply making them for your own use should be allowed. (Banners/buttons, not recolors/splices)

Image Image

Return to “Community Discussion”