Belmos Does too many auctions.

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
SaxonDarkAngel
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Belmos Does too many auctions.

Post by SaxonDarkAngel »

:yarly:
I think Belmos does a few too many autions. I rather like it when he does raffles because I can actually participate and have a chance at winning.
God, even I want to punch me in the face right now. This sounds so whiny.
Im sorry for sounding so petty and pathetic, but im just saying, dont you think he could throw in a few more raffles? He may not make as much money, but with all the donations of free eggs and other creatures that people give him, he should be able to host at least a couple more raffles.

Now, I do understand that DP cant be raffled, so auctions are good for that. I just want more Raffles!
Spoiler
God I sound like such a pathetic little child complaining because their sibling got something and they didnt. I want to punch myself in the face.
But I want my opinion to be heard..... :t-shrug:
So, do you agree with me or should I stfu?

ImageImage
Buying Keep // LTT for Doni's // I haz dA?

ImageImage
Do not Click outside of Growing Needed Tab.
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Re: Belmos Does too many auctions.

Post by Morgaln »

Currently, out of four main Nursery events, one is a raffle (always those with a number divisible by four). Incidentally, today's event will be a raffle again.

Belmos has far more donation pets (the top prizes for auctions) than giftborns (which would be the top prizes for raffles), so obviously he has to do more auctions than raffles. Also, those things people want most from him (old crystalwings, light and dark unicorns, void and celestial dragons, temple cats) can't be raffled, so I'm not sure people would like it if we did less auctions and more raffles. However, if people want more raffles and less auctions, this is the thread to make it known.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Nope, I like the auctions because of what Morg said. They have creatures that are nearly impossible to get any other way unless you're super rich or have connections. I wouldn't have gotten my Void Dragon had it not been for one of Belmos' auctions.
SaxonDarkAngel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SaxonDarkAngel »

Thanks for clearing that up Morg. :t-lol:

ImageImage
Buying Keep // LTT for Doni's // I haz dA?

ImageImage
Do not Click outside of Growing Needed Tab.
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

Just curious, why can't donation pets be raffled off?

Anyway, I do prefer raffles over auctions, because like the OP I don't have enough gold to bid on them. However, if the lack of suitable prizes are the concern, then could an army pack raffle be alright? Like the army quicksale that was just going on, but raffle style. I thought the army quicksale was fun, and if it was a raffle then it'd be more accessible. owo Just a thought.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

Because of the internet gambling laws where the server is physically located. The donation pets have 'real world value' (that is they're actually legally worth money), a raffle is gambling and is not allowed unless you meet certain criteria (mostly be a charity/non profit organization.) Magistream doesn't qualify. We managed to track down the DA for the region the server was in and asked him.

~Wolf
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Knuckerbearer
Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Knuckerbearer »

I don't really care, because I have yet to participate in either event.
(I'm so helpful! :angel: )
A wicked one forgiven and saved by Jesus' loving sacrifice. ImageImageImageImageImage
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

Oh that explains it. O_o I find is surprising that Belmos has more donation pets than questborns or anything.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
Kriever
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kriever »

Piney wrote:Oh that explains it. O_o I find is surprising that Belmos has more donation pets than questborns or anything.
I think it's because Belmos can obtain donation pets, using these auctions as a goldsink since I don't think the gold goes out in any way. And unless I'm wrong, most of Belmos' stock happens to be donated via frozen eggs, and not many people would prefer to freeze their QB eggs for obvious reasons. Having too many QB creatures given out will also cause their value to drop, in any case.

LittleFireCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: We are all brothers under the skin, and I for one would be willing to skin humanity to prove it.

Post by LittleFireCat »

Kriever wrote:
Piney wrote:Oh that explains it. O_o I find is surprising that Belmos has more donation pets than questborns or anything.
I think it's because Belmos can obtain donation pets, using these auctions as a goldsink since I don't think the gold goes out in any way. And unless I'm wrong, most of Belmos' stock happens to be donated via frozen eggs, and not many people would prefer to freeze their QB eggs for obvious reasons. Having too many QB creatures given out will also cause their value to drop, in any case.
The rare pets that Master Belmos has are obtained from those who have been permanently banned from the site. Apparently this results in more donation pets as opposed to quest born pets. :omg:
Morgaln wrote:
Most of Belmos valuable creatures do come from banned accounts. Indeed, that was the main idea behind the Nursery events, to get the poor neglected creatures on banned accounts back into the hands of active players again.

Banned users do get a lot of time to appeal for the ban to be lifted, creatures aren't transferred until at least a month after the ban, oftentimes even longer than that. So don't worry that you might accidentally be banned and your creatures be removed before you can clear up the mistake. You'll have enough time to explain things to me or Tristan.
Quote taken from here.
Lasciate Ogni Speranza Voi Ch'EntrateGPX+ and other
Spoiler
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image Now with Koi!

Return to “Community Discussion”