I Realized Something

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Zen
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

I Realized Something

Post by Zen »

Temple Cats and Crystalwings used to go for about 30,000g! Right?
Arcadius
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Re: I Realized Something

Post by Arcadius »

Actually if I remember correctly before the whole inflation/crazy prices thing Temple Cats (along with many other of the older donis in their times) were sold for as little as 3k each. But alas, more people = more gold in the system = people wanting more cause they realize they can take more. Curse you magi economy :t-boo:
ImageImageImage
randomname
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by randomname »

For a bit of fun, go the Merchant District and start with page one of the What's it Worth thread!
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zovesta
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zovesta »

Not to mention, only so many people BOUGHT the donation pets. There will never be any more. There is a set number. And we get new people every day who want the old donis.

That's why buying a bunch of donis while they're cheap and selling them when they go for a gazillion is a good idea. =V
There are many different variations of me. Some say that each person has a unique one. Sometimes I will be closed, sometimes open to show the bones behind the wall. Sometimes I am kind, sometimes I am sinister. What am I? (PM answer)
Moth, eggs by Horsegirl901
Potion by Munin

Auction
QB Sale
LTB

ImageImageImageImageImage
Arcadius
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arcadius »

randomname wrote:For a bit of fun, go the Merchant District and start with page one of the What's it Worth thread!
Owww, I think my soul just crunched up a bit. I joined in August and didn't realize we had a Merchant District until like November/December cause I wasn't very active then, and I had the gold to buy those pets xD
ImageImageImage
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BluMajica »

stupid supply/demand chains.....damn you economics...

also way back in the day people didnt have the millions of gold they do today - so prices were a lot less as there was a lot less in the MS economy..../nerd
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

One of the major reasons donation pet prices for current pets went up rather sharply is this: There was a single player selling literally several hundred dollars worth of them for relatively low prices (yes the temple cat was 2500 at the time, but that was the month it was actually in the store). She has not been able to do so for a while, and no one else has either so the economic impact of that spending was removed and the prices went up, a rather predictable result (whether you accept or despise it it simply is.) on top of the (now limited) supply. Temple cats were immensely popular when they first came out but we had around a quarter the number of players we currently do to buy them.

~Wolf
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

That is kind of what makes this game so much more interesting than the other creature collection games, though. The entire economy behind it constantly makes you reevaluate things, and gives you incentive to be the first to grab the new stream pets or the first to get the donis that you predict will gain value quickly (Bone dragons, anyone?). Then you have to sell when you think you'll get the most for it, or buy and hope to make profits back on offspring, or whatever. It's very neat.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Applejack185
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Applejack185 »

I think I bought one of my Temple Cats for 7,000 back when they were new. The others I paid for myself with donations. I'm wishing I bought more of them back then, considering there's so few of them now in circulation and not enough to go around.
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

I don't remember them being as popular back then as they are now. I know I just bought mine with the plans to resell, but never did cause I grew to actually like it.

Return to “Community Discussion”