Rarities?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Nym
CreaturesTrade

Rarities?

Post by Nym »

Hey! Im still pretty new and im wondering, whats rare around here right now?
Are there fads that tend to come and go, where people actively try to obtain a certain species over others?
Are these rarer breeds also found in the stream or just common ones found in the stream?
Is the only way to obtain a rare breed through the shops? (Other than trading) or can they be bred?

Ive just noticed that some species are more common than others... and it looks like pretty much the same type of eggs float through the stream regularly.

Sorry for all the questions, cross my fingers there isnt an obvious answer to them that Ive missed :P
[center][url=http://magistream.com/creature/2441693][img]http://magistream.com/img/2441693.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/2436620][img]http://magistream.com/img/2436620.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/2446037][img]http://magistream.com/img/2446037.gif[/img][/url]
[color=#8000BF][size=85]s h e s e t s f i r e i n t h e m o o n l i g h t , j u s t t o w a t c h i t b u r n[/size][/color]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/eternityrider2/nymbanner-1.jpg[/img][/center]
freakazoid
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Rarities?

Post by freakazoid »

Quest pets are fairly rare, even more so if they are Questborn.

Donation creatures are extremely rare, and go for very high prices.

Newer Stream creatures are also more rare, such as the new Tarsiers ( Image) , but older Stream creatures, such as the Koi (Image) , are a lot more common. :italian:
Also, every creature on MS can breed, with the exceptions of most Donations.

Hope this helped. If you have any more questions, feel free to toss me a PM. :wave:
. Image Image Image Image Image .
Selling shards 50k/shard or cats/koalas
(Always) LTB winged cats & meowls
Signature & avatar art by Piney
aethelwhyne
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by aethelwhyne »

Yellow wrote:Also, every creature on MS can breed, with the exceptions of most Donations.
I believe the elephant snails can't breed either but you can buy them in the shop ^_^
I absolutely love Mohrior, Vernox Dragons, Bread Creatures, Laetolis Beast and Cascara Amagnae frozen hatchlings just PM me if you have any for sale.
Wishlist: I love purple torveus dragons, frozen Cascara amagnae hatchlings,mohrior, vernox dragons, bread creatures, laetolis beasts, prism fox,confera pegasus, pennant pegasus, rabbitsune, me’chuan bengolo/rewana, skulk, alicantos and penguins.
Firepaw
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

aethelwhyne wrote:
Yellow wrote:Also, every creature on MS can breed, with the exceptions of most Donations.
I believe the elephant snails can't breed either but you can buy them in the shop ^_^
The new Purple Koi can't breed, neither can the dragon Koi.
The Decessus and Arkai can't breed either :P

Image Image
freakazoid
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by freakazoid »

Bleh.
I even KNEW that. XD
. Image Image Image Image Image .
Selling shards 50k/shard or cats/koalas
(Always) LTB winged cats & meowls
Signature & avatar art by Piney
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

Also, sometimes older species can be rare if they're needed for a quest. Minicorns are going like hotcakes, cause you need a pair for a quest just released yesterday, and axolotls are still pretty rare too since they're also quest requirements.

And some creatures are more popular than others. Popular stream creatures like gryphons, pearl wyrms, and winged cats tend to be snatched up quicker, leaving less popular stream creatures like krakens, narwhals, and frogs floating around.

So basically, how rare a creature can appear in a stream would depend on the 'fads' going on. :3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
ParaLLL
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParaLLL »

Sometimes a common creature will become "rare" if someone who collects them either starts buying a lot (and is clearly going to continue buying or is ordering streamcatching instead of quicksales; everyone will start catching them to sell) or, once in a while, will auction a very valuable (generally old donis) creature for several common ones; TNHawke has had a couple auctions where an old doni was auctioned for frozen kraken and octopi hatchlings. Normally kraken are pretty common, but while that auction was going, they were harder to get than questborns. A similar thing happened with unfrozen phoenix recently too, though it was much shorter so not as many people noticed and the effect was less extreme.
ImageImageImageImage
MightyOak
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

I think it's often basic economics. Supply and demand. If the demand suddenly goes up, but the supply stays the same, then prices go up.
ImageImageImageImage
-I'm always looking for french named lineages.
-I have a few donation creatures thanks to the generosity of others. If anyone would like to borrow one or more to breed for themselves, please contact me. It's free. Image
fogoe
CreaturesTrade

Post by fogoe »

creatures you get from an event are usually pretty rare to. They will go for a lot of money
anyanka
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by anyanka »

Yes, but the price depends. Decussi go for a LOT. Tinsel/coal wyrms are pretty expensive too (but that depends. If it's a giftborn with all breedings left it's worth VERY MUCH) Elks and jackalopes also depends. Streamborns/giftborns are the most valuable. And we have the blue crystalwong, that goes for 70-80k (am I right?) But that depends too.
yo

Return to “Community Discussion”