Hmm, random thought on Ruby Capricorn....

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
SaxonDarkAngel
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Hmm, random thought on Ruby Capricorn....

Post by SaxonDarkAngel »

Hey guys.... So, putting aside the pleasantries, lets just get to my question.
Today, I was thinking about how when you breed two creatures intending to get a hybrid offspring (say, Koi*Ibex to get a capricorn) you have about an X% Success rate, an X% rate of one parent, and an X% rate of the other parent.
Does this apply to the Ruby Capricorn? Im pretty sure it hasn't happened yet, but statistically speaking, could there be a 1st Generation Vampire Koi? I mean, its sort of like the twins glitch.... no one is really lucky enough to have it happen to them, but it still happens.

Also, separate question, (please bear with me, I dont really know how to word this so it doesn't sound stupid....)
Alright, so, you breed a chimera with an Ibex. There is a chance for an ibex and a chimera. Is there ANY chance for a manticore? and vice-versus.
And if so, does this apply to all hybrids? If you take the hybrid and breed it with one of the origins, is there a chance for the other origin?

Gah, another random question, why arent all hybrids able to breed with their ancestral parents?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

ImageImage
Buying Keep // LTT for Doni's // I haz dA?

ImageImage
Do not Click outside of Growing Needed Tab.
Firepaw
CreaturesTrade

Re: Hmm, random thought on Ruby Capricorn....

Post by Firepaw »

1st question, it's programmed not to do that (or so I would say since morg said you can't get that) but then again, it's programmed to give you only one egg. But I would still say, probably no, because the multiple babies reminds me of the laggy-ness that results in double-posting. it simply creates another, not something different :P

As to the second, I would think not, as the grandparents (manticore) don't affect the egg, only it's direct parents, however were you to breed manticore/chimera I would expect you could get manticore, but no ibexes :italian:

lastly, IDK perhaps Tristan got tired of enabling them to do that, perhaps the idea of a capriorn mating with a koi or ibex was too strange? (Though koi/ibex itself is weird...) :crazy:

Image Image
SaxonDarkAngel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SaxonDarkAngel »

Your response to my second question makes sense. It makes sense, since Tristan said the site shouldn't be too realistic, as there are mythical creatures and the like. But I was just wondering on the off-chance that this portion of the site was realistic.

ImageImage
Buying Keep // LTT for Doni's // I haz dA?

ImageImage
Do not Click outside of Growing Needed Tab.
Fyn
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fyn »

Ibex X Koi can't produce Koi or Ibex parents, only Capricorn. Goes to reason the same with Ruby.

At least, in the 50 or so attempts at breeding my Koi and Ibex (probably more than that, realistically), never had a single Koi or Ibex egg come from it.
Pets to Raise --> ~None Currently~ <-- esiaR ot steP
~Image Free Mine in "About Me" Section of Profile~

Firepaw
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

Myzou wrote:Ibex X Koi can't produce Koi or Ibex parents, only Capricorn. Goes to reason the same with Ruby.

At least, in the 50 or so attempts at breeding my Koi and Ibex (probably more than that, realistically), never had a single Koi or Ibex egg come from it.
You can't because I asked Morg, and he confirmed that you can only get capricorns from koi/ibex

Also it's on the suggestion list
6. For creatures of mixed ancestry (such as Direwolves with manticore blood), the possibility (however small) that the offspring would be an ancestor species rather than the parent's species. - pending
6.a. As 6 only going back a limited number of generations rather than the entire family tree. - pending

Image Image

Return to “Community Discussion”