Enough of only donation creatures!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Dragon131
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Enough of only donation creatures!

Post by Dragon131 »

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of all the new creatures being donation creatures. The last 3 creature releases have all been donation creatures, and I want some new creatures that aren't donation creatures. Does anyone else feel the same way?
ImageMolten Bone Dragon up for Auction! Magistream: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon Cave: ImageImageImageImageImage
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Enough of only donation creatures!

Post by sammythethief »

For a while there, there were a TON of new creatures that weren't donation creatures. I think it's only been about a month since a new non-donation creature's been released.

Patience, young padawan. The artists do have real lives - they can't spend their entire existence popping out new creatures for our enjoyment~
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Keolah
CreaturesTrade

Post by Keolah »

Uh, the donation creatures aren't the "only" creatures being released... they're just the only creatures on a regular schedule. They always come out on the 1st and 15th of every month. We've had a ton of stream creatures being released recently -- the wyrms, minicorns, and before them the nandi bears.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LittleFireCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: We are all brothers under the skin, and I for one would be willing to skin humanity to prove it.

Post by LittleFireCat »

There are three donation creatures released every month, two at the beginning of the month and the mid-month one. Any other creature releases are random and at the whim of Tristan. It is what it is. :t-shrug:
Lasciate Ogni Speranza Voi Ch'EntrateGPX+ and other
Spoiler
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image Now with Koi!
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

We just got quite a few stream creatures and hybrids.. so your point is invalid. We only get 3 donations a month technically so I'm pretty sure that's not too many donation creatures.
xscreamyourself
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by xscreamyourself »

I understand where Dragon131 is coming from--the last non-DP release was the Minicorns a month ago. However, I'm kind of neutral on the whole topic. Sure, I'd love new stream/shop/quest/hybrid creatures, but I'm patient enough to wait for them. :t-shrug:
ImageImageImage
Thanks for clicking :haha:
ImageImageImageImageImage
SaxonDarkAngel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SaxonDarkAngel »

xscreamyourself wrote:I understand where Dragon131 is coming from--the last non-DP release was the Minicorns a month ago. However, I'm kind of neutral on the whole topic. Sure, I'd love new stream/shop/quest/hybrid creatures, but I'm patient enough to wait for them. :t-shrug:
Ugh, plus, remember that one/two month(s) where there were like, 13 new creatures released? Gah, that was torture. It took me FOREVER to catch them all!
I like the down periods. It gives me a time to get away from Magistream without feeling like im missing something. It also lets me catch up on collecting lineages and old creatures like Frozen Platy Eggs and my pair of each stream/shop creatures.

ImageImage
Buying Keep // LTT for Doni's // I haz dA?

ImageImage
Do not Click outside of Growing Needed Tab.
ShenziSixaxis
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShenziSixaxis »

I been bitching about this for months. We'll get a little swarm of new non-DC creatures now and then, but other than that, tough luck, it seems.

Wyrms and minicorns were quite a while ago. At least a month. I remember when we had at least two non-DC creatures released every month. Good times. Gooood times.
Paleon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Paleon »

You have to keep in mind that these creatures are released on a schedule, so the real reason for this topic is to rant on about the lack of stream, shop, or quest creatures. Have you forgotten that the artists have lives to get back to, and cannot spend all their time drawing? You must also remember that you need to have patience, and you need to calm yourself down and think before posting an entire topic that is basically saying, "I want more creatures that I don't want to pay for."
hello
Umalia
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Umalia »

But we need the donation creature to encourage users to donate. It's either that or we have ads. And no one wants ads.

From what I've noticed, we do get at least one regular release for the month.

Another thing to consider is that school is starting up soon. This is the last of the summer and I'm sure the staff would like to spend it doing more than sitting in front of a computer screen making sprites the whole time (assuming they are high school or college students).

Return to “Community Discussion”