Shai's Writing Challenge #2 WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ShaiNeko
Site Moderator
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Shai's Writing Challenge #2 WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED!

Post by ShaiNeko »

Shai's Writing Contest #2

Yes, it returns...The challenge is a bit different this time...

General Contest Rules

1. One entry per person.

2. Your entry should be 250 words, minimum. There is no limit on how long it may be, but please, keep it under 100,000 words.

3. Grammar and spelling count in this contest. Typos happen, and I am aware that English is not everyone's first language. Please try your best to keep them to a minimum.

4. The entry thread is for entries only, and is located in the Tea House. Please keep all questions, comments and chatting in the chat thread, located in Community Discussion.

5. Constructive criticism is welcome, however, anyone caught bashing or flaming another person's entry will be immediately disqualified from the competition and will be banned from entering any contests I may hold in the future.

5. Entries will be accepted until Monday, August 30, 1 p.m. Central Time Zone. I've decided to extend the deadline due to seeing so many people busy with returning to school.
New deadline is Friday, September 3, 1 p.m. Central Time Zone.

Rules Specific for this Contest

1. You pick the location you wish to travel to, and decide what injury has befallen your Magi comrade. If you need more help, PM me and I will give you one.

2. No limits! Take whatever creatures you wish, however many you wish. Just make sure you read the descriptions and choose wisely. Koi aren't very comfortable in the desert...

Judging and Eligibility

Everyone is eligible to enter. Staff, users, test bots. Everyone.
Except judges.

Judging of entries this time around will be performed by:
Shai, NellaFantasia, and Morgaln.

Prizes

Also known as the reason you've read this far, I have some lovely prizes for the winners.
Images posted with permission from Morgaln.

Grand Prize: One Molten Bone Dragon and One Dark Bone Dragon.

ImageImage

1rst place: A pair of Perytons.

ImageImage

2nd place: A pair of SB Arkenian Kitsunes, a pair of purebred 1rst gen Emerald Wyverns, and 10,000 gold.

ImageImageImageImage

3rd place: 10,000 gold.

Honorable Mentions: The number of Honorable Mentions may vary depending upon the number of entries submitted, but each will receive 5,000 gold.

We have our winners!

Entry thread is HERE
Last edited by ShaiNeko on September 11th, 2010, 6:52:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage :t--.-:
Pink
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Shai's Writing Challenge #2

Post by Pink »

Entering again. :haha:
Though I haz no hope...xD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ParaLLL
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParaLLL »

So.... Our Magi comrade is injured? Are we a creature, are we a magi traveling with another Magi...? ...Should I shut up before I give away the plots I might use?

...Or I can just prove that I'm a sleep deprived idiot again. *sighs* Off to the entry thread.... Thanks, then.
Last edited by ParaLLL on August 11th, 2010, 3:52:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

BlackParadox wrote:So.... Our Magi comrade is injured? Are we a creature, are we a magi traveling with another Magi...? ...Should I shut up before I give away the plots I might use?
The introductory story can be found in the entry thread. It should answer your questions.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
starlightneko
CreaturesTrade

Post by starlightneko »

*Wants Dragons*
Star enjoys speaking in third person. ImageImage

nanotyranus wrote:MAGISTREAM
People come here to make no sense and kick butt, and they're all out of butt.
They've already stolen all the butts.
Shadowhunter
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shadowhunter »

Yay cant wait to participate in this one. Oooo I love all the prizes. <3
[b][center]Argh visit me Pirate Raffle or face thee consequences![/b]
[url=http://magistream.com/13-merchant-district/90879-pirates-loot-raffle.html][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/280ihc9.png[/img][/url][/center]

[i]Gold Miners are heros in my keep[/i]
Profile contains clickables!

http://magistream.com/25-tea-house/89726-fading-light-warrior-fan-fiction.html
Id love to hear your opinion. :)

[url=http://magistream.com/26-shops/60125-setting.html][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/2zz80ll.jpg[/img][/url]
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PKGriffin »

Methinks I shall (try to) enter this contest. I attempted the second one, but I wrote too slowly to get my story in before the deadline (even though I started writing on the first day of the contest...). Ah well, I like the plot to this one even more than the last; it's very open-ended.
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Oh, why not. I may have not even placed last time, but that shouldn't scare me away. I'll give more thought this time and maybe I'll place this time.

Thanks, Shai!
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

Definitely entering, even though I didn't place last time (not that I expected to). I have a bit more writing experience now and a lot more creatures to choose from, so we'll see what happens. I like it that there's a more open-ended plot this time, too.

Edited: I'm especially glad to see the three creature rule removed - not that I plan on having my character take dozens, but it's good not to worry about the hired gryphon transport, say, counting toward the limit.
Last edited by Mathcat on August 11th, 2010, 4:57:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
ShaiNeko
Site Moderator
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShaiNeko »

:smirk: So, the set up and style has some approval? Yes, the first contest was in many ways an experiment, and I'm trying to take some of the feedback and comments I saw and apply them as I move forward each month.
ImageImage :t--.-:

Return to “Community Discussion”