Why the Eggs Flow Down the Stream

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
ImpliedComplications
CreaturesTrade

Why the Eggs Flow Down the Stream

Post by ImpliedComplications »

Today, all of the Magi are able to obtain a wide variety off eggs from a single stream. However, very few know of how that stream came to gather those very eggs and carry them off to Magi. For centuries, only a few Magi knew the truth. Now, though, it is time to share the legend with all the Magi. This is the legend- no, the truth of how the Stream came to serve its current purpose.

In ancient days long forgotten by the human mind, the Magi looked their one chief god as the source of life. Yes, there were other, more minor, deities, but this god looked over all aspects of Magi life. Magi from every climate and terrain looked to this god, yet Magi from different areas knew nothing about the cultures of their brethren. Magi in the tundra were oblivious to the lives of Magi in the desert. Seafaring Magi weren't savvy to ways of Magi living in the vast, lush forest. The god of the Magi saw this, and sought out a way to unite all Magi.

Just as the Magi knew nothing of other Magi cultures, the creatures that lived in various places knew nothing of each other. Only the leaders of each magical race knew of what was outside of each territory. Although they, too looked for a way to unite, they could find none. The phoenixes and fire gryphons of the desert wouldn't dare go to the tundra to seek out the ice phoenixes and gryphons. Leviathans, narwhal, kraken, and koi didn't feel comfortable treading on land and scaling mountains to meet an ibex or dire wolf. Each leader of the magical creatures knew this, and were unhappy that there was no way to bring together the great races of magical beings.

The powerful god of the Magi saw this and began forming a plan. He sent out a call to all of the creatures' leaders, beckoning for them to meet at where many streams running through all terrains met. Beings of the see traveled up the stream and mountain dwellers trekked down from their homes. Magical leaders came from all over the map to meet with the god. "I have called you here," said the great god, "so that we may bring together the races we care for."

"But how?" came the booming question from the leader of the dark dragons.

The Magi's god looked to the stream. "By this stream," he said, "we will bring together all creatures and Magi. Place here the eggs of your kind. Let them flow to all corners of the earth. Let the manticore cub play with the unicorn's foal! Let the pegasus fly with the gryphon, wherever he may be! Let the Magi know what lies beyond their homelands!"

All of the creatures nodded and conversed with each other until agreeing to the god's plan. With haste, they returned to their homes, telling all of their kind the news. Shortly after, eggs of all shapes, sizes, and colors bobbed down the stream. Curious Magi picked them up and brought them home, amazed at these new eggs. As they hatched, the diversity on this earth spread. Phoenix chicks of both types played in the same nest. Baby kraken were swimming in puddles with small crystalwings. Finally, the god of the Magi could smile as he looked down at the earth and the glorious, shining stream that flowed through it.
Do you like horses? Are you an equestrian? Yes? Well then have I got the thread for you!
You remind me of the babe...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
In Social Studies, we are a DEMOCRACY. In math, we are COMMUNISTS!
Vampires+Sunlight = Boom, not Bam chicka wah wah.
Black Storm
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Why the Eggs Flow Down the Stream

Post by Black Storm »

I like it! Very original. Good luck in the contest!
1/25 gifts. Thanks!
DC Scroll
Morg Fanclub Wishlist
Aerrow wrote:Love your enemies. It confuses them.
Morgaln wrote:Don't nom my mods, I still need those! D:

Return to “Legend Contest”