A Unicorn's Horn

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Iceclaw
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

A Unicorn's Horn

Post by Iceclaw »

Among the land where the Stream lies, there was one ordinary creature there: the horse. The dire wolves, believed to be extinct in all but this mystical land, still kept the habits of hunting large mammals for prey. The horse herds became their feast.
The horses may have been lucky to kick a wolf dead, but the dire wolf would get the better of their quary. The OverSeer noticed this. He had a collection of horns he found no use for and decided to make the dire wolves' hunt more of a challange. So, he applied the horns to the horses in their sleep.
The horses soon discovered this horn and over the years as they were still hunted, learned how to use them. The direwolves were daunted by this new asset to their food source, and so approached with caution, yet unlike their cousins in the other world, the gray wolf, they were less intelligent. They were chased off by the unicorns as they charged with their horns as well as reared and kicked.
The horns eventually applied magic to them, making them valuable. Yet they were not hunted except by the wolves of the Stream and the land the Stream resided in.
For being such beautiful creatures in the first place, their horns and manes eventually turned golden from the sunlight that dappled the ground of their forest home, and the great open areas between the hills and the valley where the Stream ran.
The unicorns that lived in the deeper, darker part of the woods, however, were black with purple manes and horns. They, too, had been and still were hunted by dire wolves, and so were also graced with the OverSeer's gift.
That, my friends, is how it was for the majestic unicorns to be bestowed upon this amazing land.

I'll admit, not my best peice of work, but there you have it. This was another story, didn't like it so much, so I changed it to this.
Mining my Keep is encouraged! Have at it!
Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: A Unicorn's Horn

Post by Arimermaid »

This story is not bad ... :orly: :omg: :yarly:
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
Blkk1
CreaturesTrade

Re: A Unicorn's Horn

Post by Blkk1 »

any story you write has a chance at success ice. :wave:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Legend Contest”