How the World was Made.

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Finlandia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

How the World was Made.

Post by Finlandia »

((another entry, seeing as we're allowed to submit more than one))

How the World was made.

A long time ago, when even time itself was young, a bird, whose name was Phoenix, flew over the empty world, looking for a safe place to build her nest. However, all about her was ocean; there was no solid land at all. The bird was close to despair when, one day, she saw the first dry place that yet graced the world of waters. It was a smooth arch rising out of the sea, indigo veined with lightning yellow. The bird flew close to this dry place, and lo! a great head rose from the waters. For the first dry place was a creature, and his name was Leviathan;

“Fire bird, why do you trouble me, who am by far older than thou?” he asked.
“Great one,” the bird replied, “I seek a place to lay my eggs, so that they may hatch and fly safely.”
“Fire bird, my back is broad as the oceans. Rest here, if thou will, and lay thine eggs.”

And so Phoenix made a nest upon Leviathan’s broad back, and laid her eggs there. As they swam the endless seas, Leviathan told Phoenix of father Kraken and sister Koi, and brother Narwhal who wander the wild depths. But Leviathan was a creature wont to wreath storms along his path, and one day a mighty wave washed over his back and the eggs were cast into the sea. The largest was broken, and the three smaller were lost to the waves, and Phoenix despaired.

But, the eggs were not wasted, for the upper shell of the broken egg formed the sky, the yolk formed the sun, and the lower parts formed the great dry place that the world would know as mother Earth. Phoenix rejoiced, and flew to the new sun, dancing through the air with her mate and all of their kin. And the sun has been dear to them ever after.

The three eggs cast into the waters did yet find land, and they hatched thus:
The first bore twins, alike yet unlike, one horned, the other winged, and they galloped through the land and were happy.
The second bore a great Lion, who took as his mate a bird of the sky, and from them came all of the winged Gryphons, and later the Manticores also, who are fierce and proud.
The third hatched and became the first Dragon, who wandered the new world by his wild self.

Another egg survived the great wave also but it had no life in it, and was cast into the sky, and caressed by the spray of the ocean. But the goddess of the air and the god of the spray deemed the egg worthy of life, and together combined to give it life. The egg then broke upon the land and lo! from it came the first man, who was Magi, and he was just and good. He ordered forests to be planted, and set in order the culture of man, and all places and creatures were alike to him.

Thus the world was made.
<3 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage <3 Thanks for all of the gifts! *
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Re: How the World was Made.

Post by nightbug08 »

It sounds a little like the just so stories! It's wonderful! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

<3 Thank You for the Christmas Presents <3

Stones crack, and Hanging Gardens rot. 'Tis only change that changes not.
There's one enduring truth to learn: That things will change.
The wheel will turn.
Finlandia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Finlandia »

:D THANKS!
I love those stories. How the Rhinoceros got his skin is my favourite, i think.
It is actually based on our ancient Finnish creation myth, 'cept i changed it to make it more Magistream canon.
<3 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage <3 Thanks for all of the gifts! *
helsinkivampiress
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by helsinkivampiress »

Finlandia wrote::D THANKS!
I love those stories. How the Rhinoceros got his skin is my favourite, i think.
It is actually based on our ancient Finnish creation myth, 'cept i changed it to make it more Magistream canon.
Haha I knew it sounded a bit familiar *does too much reading on Finland some days* :t-lol: I like this one alot too!

Return to “Legend Contest”