MagiStreams Tale (My Contest Entry)

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Katieinthebox
CreaturesTrade

MagiStreams Tale (My Contest Entry)

Post by Katieinthebox »

Before all humans who ever lived can remember, The MagiStream existed. In fact when humans are fairy-tales written in books by Temple Cats, The MagiStream will be here on our world. The MagiStream comes from the very heart of our world, deep down, inside the volcano warmed earth in the north. Up from the very bowls, the water rises as it would for any stream or spring, but upon reaching the surface something no mage or scholar can explain happens; the water does not freeze in the frozen tundra's of The Northern Lands, instead it cuts through the ice to emerge from a giant, ever frozen glacier. No one has seen the true source of our MagiStream, where it comes up from the earth, but come from the earth it does. That giant glacier it emerges from has receded and advanced many times in records of the north, but never has any creature, of any size been seen upon it, and yet rocks, pebbles and eggs float from the mouth of the glacial cavern the MagiStream emerges from. All manner of eggs one can imagine, in every size, color, and with hints as to what the creature will be upon the shells.

Where the eggs come from is a great debate among the minds. Some say the eggs are born from the spirit of our world; manifestations of the world's dreams and hopes. While others say that the lights that dance above the thundra's create the falling stars we seeing shoot across the sky. These stars are the eggs that fall into the waters on the other side of the ice and that the eggs then float into the cavern of the MagiStream and that the magic waters give this strange fallen stars life, before the float out down along the waterways. Yet others say that below that giant glacier is part of the world that existed before us.They say that the mother's of these eggs are great, wild, beasts that lived on our world and got trapped below the ice and only through use of their powers were they able to survive.

All we know is what we have seen. The MagiStream begins in the Thundra's, flows down and through The Great Mountains, into the vast Desert, and then on to the Plains and Grasslands where is becomes a series of lakes. It then cuts into the unknown deep Forests that turn into the Jungles of the south, and then out into the Ocean. I have even heard that far out in the Ocean, on the Small Islands, people can still collect the magic eggs and that the purplish, blue water of the MagiStream do not mix with the Ocean's waters but flow out and on and then back to the north. Is it not amazing to think that our world has given us such a wonderful gift as the MagiStream?

One day you yourself may see the MagiStream in all it's wonder, but first you must study hard and learn the ways of a magi and one of you may discover the truth about where the stream comes from. A brave adventuring magi with the trust of many creatures. One day we will know where the stream's eggs come from, and one day you might be magi but it is not this day, for this day is almost over and it is time for rest. Away with you now, back to your mother's. A sweet sleep to you all.
Somariel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: MagiStreams Tale (My Contest Entry)

Post by Somariel »

I like the "bedtime tale" feel of your story.
Of course I'm normal...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I'm 90 degrees off from the rest of the world

Return to “Legend Contest”