The Stream

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Nyte Scythe
CreaturesTrade

The Stream

Post by Nyte Scythe »

my entry, I don't think it's going to win, but I wanted to enter, so fwee~ :italian:
The Stream

A long time ago, when few creatures thrived safely, the Void Dragons and Celestial Dragons and anybeast else that belonged in the Draconian Groups dominated. Nearly nobeast could stand up to their searing breath of fire, powerful wings of flight, whip-like spiked tails, long fangs and sharp teeth, and acute sight as well as keen senses and other assorted supernatural powers. But as they say, the tallest trees crumble to the ground more heavily, and soon enough, the two general types of dragons had split themselves into separate Clans and settled into a war.
The leader of Nocturnis had recently been born his heir--a son--but he had vanished a few weeks after his arrival. He and his tribe blamed the Ndul, Clan of celestial dragons, for stealing his son, but it was obviously a lie to them, and the real war began when Varind of Nocturnis killed his former friend Dorun of Ndul in a vicious argument.
For the other creatures that had been previously bullied by the dragonians, they crept out of hiding and began to thieve the Clans of food and blocked their water supplies. But the Dragons had made a peace when terrifying the others, for then, they shared shelter, water, and prey. Yet now, they even preyed on each other, Phoenixes attacking with the nature of raptors, Krakens, Leviathans, and Narwhals grappling with each other, Direwolves and Temple Cats both suffering wars within their own species, and Manticores turning solitary and killing or wounding anything that got in their way. The Dragons had known this would happen if they ceased their reign, but they couldn't do anything to prevent this war.
On night of the full moon, when Icewind, leader of Nocturnis, and Heis, leader of Ndul, grappled fiercely into something of a stalemate, it seemed as if blood would be spilled endlessly and the world would be locked in a struggle eternally. The Creator, what humani call God, what creatures call their ancestor, known as Sarrette, was angered by this. He had purposely created the dragon to lead over the other creatures--not that he had no faith in them, but every power, every gift, every attribute he had shaped so carefully was behind a reason.
You must halt fight, bring order to your lands, share shelter and prey, and never quarrel.
Icewind and Heis stared in horror as a clear, deep voice rang throughout the battlefield. Every creature heard it, whether they were in the vicinity or not.
If you consent and follow my will, then I shall reward your lands with lush foliage, plenty of prey, and crystal waters which shall always run. But bend against, and I will see to find another Guardian--there is a difference between death and nonexistence, and I would rather you all die than become twisted and tainted.
Each creature obeyed, but Sarrette made a battle taint on each one. This is why the Phoenix has been hunted down to only one and always is burned to death in its own embers, yet is ressurrected in its own ashes. This is why the Manticore, so powerful and bold, has turned into dark, shadowed colors with patchy fur and batwings awkward for quick flight--though they would be accustomed to it. Krakens and Leviathans are no longer the snake-like creatures that were once able to crawl on land. Narwhals have their bright colors taken away--replaced with a single, spiralled horn. Temple cats have lost their beautiful plumy pelts, but are placed where they are worshipped. Gryphons are still strong and agile, but are formed between the greatest rivals of flight and feline.
And to this day, runs the stream--the crystal water that Sarrette promised.
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Stream

Post by cyberus151 »

thats really good
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
Nyte Scythe
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nyte Scythe »

thankies x3
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

Your Welcome Have a Nice Day
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~

Return to “Legend Contest”