Harvest Event and Creature 1460

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
WolfeDente
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Harvest Event and Creature 1460

Post by WolfeDente »

Seems to be a Helias Amagnae.

Egg:

Egg Description:
This brown egg would look unremarkable, but when it catches the sun, a brilliant band of red appears.

Hatchling:
M: Image
F:Image

Hatchling Description:
As amagnae hatchlings go, helias amagnae are fairly easy to care for, being mildly friendly towards their magi if somewhat aloof. Their slightly gangly appearance belies the fact that they are fearsome hunters even at this young age, and any insects, small lizards, and small rodents that cross their path are quickly dispatched. Despite this hunting prowess though, they are not above begging for treats when they suspect their magi has some. Hatchling helias amagnae are fairly drab, their only striking feature being the distinct white stripes across their head before they grow in their adult plumage.

Adult:
M:Image
F:Image

Adult Description:
Helias amagnae adults would look rather drab if they didn't find an excuse to pose with their wings and tail open at the drop of a hat, displaying the brilliant eye markings hiding within. They greet each other by displaying their markings at each other as they come and go, which tends to be almost constant considering they congregate in flocks. Magi companions are also greeted this way, though they magnanimously don't expect their magi to greet them back the same way. They also sometimes simply sit still with their wings open, sunning themselves. Notably, they will also display the eyespots when feeling threatened, but in such cases, the markings seem to shine with a strange light, and magi who have accidentally startled a helias amagnae report suddenly being blinded, their vision filled only with sunspots until the amagnae has fled. Interestingly, this ability seems to be solar powered. If a helias amagnae has not sunbathed for too long - a few weeks seemingly being the limit - it cannot use this ability and must rely merely on its stabby beak, sharp horns, and whip-like tail for defense instead.

Creature Description:
Helias amagnae are one of the brighter varieties of amagnae, both literally and metaphorically. Not content to simply hunt for the unfortunate critters that cross their path, helias amagnae adults will often fashion rudimentary lures to attract prey. Despite being rather voracious, they are well-liked for amagnae, helped by the beautiful markings hiding in their wings and tails, and a preference for ignoring humans rather than attacking on sight. They also make for great pest control right before harvest. Helias amagnae like to sun themselves, spreading their wings out for maximum coverage, when they aren't catching their next meal. In the evening, after the sun has just set but the sky isn't fully dark, they briefly seem to glow with faint golden light, and their feathers tend to be mildly warm, like the memory of a gentle sunbeam. In circumstances when they can't sun themselves for many days, they stop glowing and their feathers grow cold, though the helias amagnae itself does not seem to suffer any ill effects.

I'm excited by all these colors! :D
Last edited by WolfeDente on November 25th, 2023, 9:55:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Wishlist Here <3
To Hatchling only Please!:
ImageImageImageImageImage
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Harvest Event and Creature 1460

Post by BBkat »

They sound like they're gonna be real shiny and pretty, I can't wait.

----

This brown egg would look unremarkable, but when it catches the sun, a brilliant band of red appears.

Helias amagnae are one of the brighter varieties of amagnae, both literally and metaphorically. Not content to simply hunt for the unfortunate critters that cross their path, helias amagnae adults will often fashion rudimentary lures to attract prey. Despite being rather voracious, they are well-liked for amagnae, helped by the beautiful markings hiding in their wings and tails, and a preference for ignoring humans rather than attacking on sight. They also make for great pest control right before harvest. Helias amagnae like to sun themselves, spreading their wings out for maximum coverage, when they aren't catching their next meal. In the evening, after the sun has just set but the sky isn't fully dark, they briefly seem to glow with faint golden light, and their feathers tend to be mildly warm, like the memory of a gentle sunbeam. In circumstances when they can't sun themselves for many days, they stop glowing and their feathers grow cold, though the helias amagnae itself does not seem to suffer any ill effects.
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyriagris »

Yesss, more birds! :evil:
Zs99
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zs99 »

Ooooh the eggs look so pretty! can't wait to see the hatchlings and adults!
Buying Phoenix Arkai, not sure what amount of gold to offer for them
Feel free to offer on creatures in my 'For Sale' tab.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Egg is pretty

Two questions..
1. Will it be able to breed?
2. Will there be any need to collect the brown/olive/silver ones this year?
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: November 25th, 2023, 8:57:38 am Egg is pretty

Two questions..
1. Will it be able to breed?
2. Will there be any need to collect the brown/olive/silver ones this year?
I would say that they might be able to breed, but only the quail and the other one of same year are the only ones I've seen able to be bred. As far as the others... I just want to collect them as they can't be bred.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Diamond Wyrm, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

These are gorgeous eggs and I love the descriptions of them. I can't wait to see what the adults look like.

I've seen some parentless Ocellata, Quail, and Dulcine Amagnae born today over in the IFN. I haven't seen them in the Stream yet, so I'm guessing they're a little more rare? :omg:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

MadameRed wrote: November 25th, 2023, 10:08:59 am
I've seen some parentless Ocellata, Quail, and Dulcine Amagnae born today over in the IFN. I haven't seen them in the Stream yet, so I'm guessing they're a little more rare? :omg:
I may be wrong, but could someone have used the Orange and Purple Dried Corn on the stream wild Amagnae to get them?

In any case, the new egg is very pretty and I can't wait to see the adults.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

MadameRed wrote: November 25th, 2023, 10:08:59 am These are gorgeous eggs and I love the descriptions of them. I can't wait to see what the adults look like.

Not rare, per se, but obtained when you have the dried corn (purple or orange) to use on a Brown, Olive or Silver Amagnae egg. That's the only way to get them, aside from sales.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Diamond Wyrm, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
Seejey
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Seejey »

I have lots of cookies from breeding the creatures that use them, but, sadly, no dried corn... :t-pout:

I hope this update that'll help us to acquire retired creatures is worth it. It's so cruel to be forever locked away from some parentless creatures just because I didn't know of the site yet! :t-D<:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CLICKING AND FOR THE PRESENTS! I WISH EVERYTHING BACK! DOUBLE! ^_^

Wishlist: F Green, Bronze CWs; M Diamond Wyrm; any Cascara Amagnae, Water Shop and Dark Shop parentless creatures, pretty please! :t-puppyeyes:

Wanna get more clicks? Try this! Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Community Discussion”