Magistreams Future

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
TSDaMan
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Magistreams Future

Post by TSDaMan »

So, is Magistream on it's way out the door? I left the game a few months ago and have recently come back to what appears to be a coding nightmare. After about a month of working on the issue, the only things the admins have fixed are the donations; and it's been how long?
Last edited by TSDaMan on September 22nd, 2023, 7:27:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
AmenoSakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistreams Future

Post by AmenoSakura »

I think it's premature to assume that Magistream is dying out. They just upgraded the site. It needed to be upgraded, considering the fact that it had gone without any majour upgrades for over a decade, if at all.
Image Ameno Sakura. Nonbinary. Asexual. Panromantic. Greymuzzle.
Furry - Gamer - Artist - Writer
ImageImageImageImageImage I have the same username on Discord, ToyHou.se, Twitter and BlueSky. Image
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mochipet »

I'm still a noob so I wouldn't have any frame of reference. I am curious what features are broken besides trading and the zoom in map?
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Figuring out the lag issue is the best news so far IMO. I would love to get trading and mass moving back up and running. The gold issue isn't near as important as site functionality; so while all the ideas to make gold are interesting.. that can wait. Getting the site functionality back up is more important than ANYTHING ELSE.
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
TSDaMan
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by TSDaMan »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 7:01:32 pm Figuring out the lag issue is the best news so far IMO. I would love to get trading and mass moving back up and running. The gold issue isn't near as important as site functionality; so while all the ideas to make gold are interesting.. that can wait. Getting the site functionality back up is more important than ANYTHING ELSE.
Honestly, I could not agree more. Nothing is more important than site funcionality
ImageImageImageImageImage
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

It's a hell of an update, as well. You have to give the team that much credit. From the serve end of it, to the parts that we see. It's deeply unfair to the coding team they had to go that long between major updates to begin with, let alone being expected to leapfrog more than 10 years worth of updates because people screamed holy hell at the mere mention of the site going down for a day.

Now we have someone declaring a date of death because the cosmetics weren't the first thing updated instead of ya know.... the actually important coding work that had to happen.

PS:<sarcasm> that you're logging in for the first time a full month after the site is back up says you really care. </sarcasm>

Give the site a year and things will be fine. The mods are playing catchup for 10 years of updates. They got this.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

I honestly agree with VilaWolf. The updates are amazing, and the site is running better now that we know what the major problem is. As long as we stick it out until everything gets fixed, the site won't die. It only dies when people become impatient and abandon it. I for one, will not be leaving until they actually shut down the servers for good.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mochipet »

I also imagine that it would've been extremely difficult to perform updates and fix the broken features when the site was constantly lagging and crashing. Plus I can understand wanting to get the donations fixed because that entails people's real money.

One one hand I guess some people may view it as "Oh the one feature yall actually cared about was the one tied to money" but I don't think that's entirely fair to them. If people are spending real money, they'll want to get what they paid for. Otherwise you'd end up with angry customers.

But now that the lag issue has been figured out, I'm sure the updating can proceed a bit better.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

The site had its first major update in many many years. It was high time coming and it should have been done ages ago, but the past is the past. We should be grateful that the site got an update at all. I've seen so many sites just give up and turn off the lights and not inform their playerbase at all.
That isn't going to happen here though!

I have a lot of trust in the Magistream team, they are very good people and they are doing their very best to get things to being better for everyone. Site functionality is key, but we need to all be patient because they are dealing with issues that require patience and time to fix.

So everyone please hang on for a while longer. Enjoy grabbing some eggies and hatching your armies or some breeding and relax.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
NaoKitsune
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by NaoKitsune »

I’m still here to stay! Much needed update indeed. You also have to imagine the Magistream team are doing this as weekend warriors and still have to maintain their own personal life obligations as well.

I’ve been trying to get information from our company accountant for over a month, and he’s supposed to be full time! Life gets busy. It’s life.

Return to “Community Discussion”