August Midmonth doni-Arkenian Alside (#1339)

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

August Midmonth doni-Arkenian Alside (#1339)

Post by BBkat »

Soft, yellow feathers adorn this egg.

female/male Hatchling

ImageImage (f/m)
Spoiler
Hatchling arkenian alsides can easily be mistaken for hummingbirds. Whenever they flap their four wings, they emit a buzzing sound similar to an insect's. The hatchlings are small and curious, ready to explore the world as soon as they hatch. With an adult keeping a close eye on them, the hatchlings will deep dive in nearby waters, practicing their swimming skills until they are ready to venture to the seas. Foolishly brave, the hatchlings will sometimes dare the icy storms north of Arkene, enthralled by the idea of finding shiny trinkets in the snow. If raised at the Keep, the hatchlings will stick around the icists, enjoying the coldness. These hatchlings are more reliant on their magi friends, taking fewer risks as they grow. However, their adventurous spirit has not disappeared. The hatchlings are always happy to be taken on a dangerous trip.
ImageImage(f/m)
Spoiler
The adult arkenian alsides are gifted with four wings, being as incredibly agile in the water as they are in the air. They can fly through the heaviest storms and swim in the deepest waters. With almost infinite energy, these resilient birds are the perfect companions when dangerous waters need to be explored or when strange storms need to be studied. While they spend most of their lives at sea, every few years, the adult alsides return to Arkene to lay their eggs. The mating process is long and tiring. They start by finding the perfect abandoned jackalope burrow, a place they will call home for the rest of the year. Choosing the right partner is extremely important for these birds, as they mate for life. Because of this, they spend many months searching for trinkets, not only to impress their partner, but to decorate their homes as well. Come spring, an egg is laid, and the partners take turns caring for it. While one of the parents is busy with the egg, the other will fly to the nearby water body, providing food for both of them.
Those who ever visited Arkene are no strangers to the alsides. They can be spotted anywhere from rooftops to the top of nearby cliffs, always carrying something in their beaks. No matter what is in their beak, the alsides will drop what they hold only to pick up something that looks more interesting than their current catch. Quite the hoarders, the arkenian alsides reside in abandoned jackalope burrows, where they keep their stash of wonders and lay their eggs. Taking great interest in the visitors of Arkene, it's not unusual for them to follow someone around. More interested in the trinkets magis carry, the alsides will flock around those who catch their eye. They will follow the person until they receive something, be it food, pebbles, or even a shiny bead. If you ever happen to gift an alside something of great importance, the bird will return the favor, entrusting you with one of its eggs. This is considered a great honor, few being lucky enough to gain an alside's trust.

Sprite art: Mysfytt | Description: Real

--------------
Looks and sounds like a penguin to me!

I stand corrected they're puffins
Last edited by BBkat on August 17th, 2022, 3:47:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitsugaya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: August Midmonth doni-Arkenian Alside (#1339)

Post by Hitsugaya »

Arkenian Alside Hatchlings
female/male Hatchling

ImageImage
Spoiler
Hatchling arkenian alsides can easily be mistaken for hummingbirds. Whenever they flap their four wings, they emit a buzzing sound similar to an insect's. The hatchlings are small and curious, ready to explore the world as soon as they hatch. With an adult keeping a close eye on them, the hatchlings will deep dive in nearby waters, practicing their swimming skills until they are ready to venture to the seas. Foolishly brave, the hatchlings will sometimes dare the icy storms north of Arkene, enthralled by the idea of finding shiny trinkets in the snow. If raised at the Keep, the hatchlings will stick around the icists, enjoying the coldness. These hatchlings are more reliant on their magi friends, taking fewer risks as they grow. However, their adventurous spirit has not disappeared. The hatchlings are always happy to be taken on a dangerous trip.
Code:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[b]Arkenian Alside Hatchlings[/b]
female/male Hatchling

[img]https://magistream.com/i/99e0bc11c6f296d35fa2579794fd9fe9171ebdcc.png[/img][img]https://magistream.com/i/1cd895d7f5b4b8f80770d6aa74ac4c600382bdff.png[/img]

[spoiler]Hatchling arkenian alsides can easily be mistaken for hummingbirds. Whenever they flap their four wings, they emit a buzzing sound similar to an insect's. The hatchlings are small and curious, ready to explore the world as soon as they hatch. With an adult keeping a close eye on them, the hatchlings will deep dive in nearby waters, practicing their swimming skills until they are ready to venture to the seas. Foolishly brave, the hatchlings will sometimes dare the icy storms north of Arkene, enthralled by the idea of finding shiny trinkets in the snow. If raised at the Keep, the hatchlings will stick around the icists, enjoying the coldness. These hatchlings are more reliant on their magi friends, taking fewer risks as they grow. However, their adventurous spirit has not disappeared. The hatchlings are always happy to be taken on a dangerous trip.[/spoiler]
Arkenian Alside Adults
female/male

ImageImage
Spoiler
The adult arkenian alsides are gifted with four wings, being as incredibly agile in the water as they are in the air. They can fly through the heaviest storms and swim in the deepest waters. With almost infinite energy, these resilient birds are the perfect companions when dangerous waters need to be explored or when strange storms need to be studied. While they spend most of their lives at sea, every few years, the adult alsides return to Arkene to lay their eggs. The mating process is long and tiring. They start by finding the perfect abandoned jackalope burrow, a place they will call home for the rest of the year. Choosing the right partner is extremely important for these birds, as they mate for life. Because of this, they spend many months searching for trinkets, not only to impress their partner, but to decorate their homes as well. Come spring, an egg is laid, and the partners take turns caring for it. While one of the parents is busy with the egg, the other will fly to the nearby water body, providing food for both of them.
Code:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[b]Arkenian Alside Adults[/b]
female/male

[img]https://magistream.com/i/8560992ee2650d35a62b2fbdb483313b55841488.png[/img][img]https://magistream.com/i/306b65abbfa2fe8954d2ad144dd71a2699203520.png[/img]

[spoiler]The adult arkenian alsides are gifted with four wings, being as incredibly agile in the water as they are in the air. They can fly through the heaviest storms and swim in the deepest waters. With almost infinite energy, these resilient birds are the perfect companions when dangerous waters need to be explored or when strange storms need to be studied. While they spend most of their lives at sea, every few years, the adult alsides return to Arkene to lay their eggs. The mating process is long and tiring. They start by finding the perfect abandoned jackalope burrow, a place they will call home for the rest of the year. Choosing the right partner is extremely important for these birds, as they mate for life. Because of this, they spend many months searching for trinkets, not only to impress their partner, but to decorate their homes as well. Come spring, an egg is laid, and the partners take turns caring for it. While one of the parents is busy with the egg, the other will fly to the nearby water body, providing food for both of them.[/spoiler]
Image ImageImage Like yoda I speak
Chess
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chess »

The hatchlings are so adorable oh my goodness! :t-swoon:
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Puffins! :)
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AuraDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by AuraDragoness »

OMG PUFFINS :D I...may have to get a whole family of these tbh
~Aura is with me~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist | My Shop
Image<Keep Guardians>Image
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

Another bird! magi really wants my money :lol:
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

ahhhh i love these! at first i was like penguins <3 ?? and then they turned out to be puffins which is *even* better lol, i love their double wings! also can't decide if i love the hatchie or adult sprite best, they're both really cute
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nikikeya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nikikeya »

Macaroni Puffins. The aerodynamics of having two sets of similar sized wings so close together is questionable. but I do love the design over all they're very pretty beautiful job on the sprite work.

So pretty :t-swoon:
ImageImageImageImageImagePlease donate a click. Thank You. <3
You've heard of the Crazy Cat Lady? Well I'm the Crazy BIRD Lady!!
Image Free Mine on my profile Updated 8/26/21
ImageImageImage⊹˚₊‧꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Oh how cute puffins! Will grab some for sure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3

Return to “Community Discussion”