Feather Wyrm

A Damaged Beastiary
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Feather Wyrm

Post by Ayakashi »

Feather Drake X Pearl Wyrm = Feather Wyrm (Yes, because I have no idea what else to call it XD )
Images to come soon.

Egg:
This iridescent egg has a metallic feathered wing sticking out of it.

Hatchling:
Hatchling "creatures" are small, and not very active. They spend most of their time curled around your neck, or cuddled up next to another creature. They are not seeking warmth though, as they shy away from fire. When approached by a stranger they often shy away, hissing and snapping at the person or creature should they persist. The feathers of its wings shine in the light with a metallic sheen, and sometimes give off a strange hum. When you hear it, it seems to make you very tired.

Adult:
Your little hatchling has grown to large to be wrapped around your neck, it still enjoys your company though, and follows you around the Keep as you perform your daily errands. Beyond the Keep it is an invaluable companion, able to sense and alert you to danger long before you ever come across it. In fact, you never come across it, even if you must continue on the path. Many times you've come across signs of a dangerous creature along your path, but there would be no creature in sight. At first, you thought whatever it was had taken down something before you arrived, and left. Then you noticed the strange look your "creature" got on it's face, and noticed the humming coming off it's mettalic wings.

"Creatures" are shy, reclusive beasts that become very attached to the Magi that hatches them the moment they are born. The young are small and very skittish, always seeking the safety of larger creatures, or their Magi, and they will never simply hide when they feel threatened. "Creatures" have an odd magic, that somehow drains a threat of its energy. They don't store, or use this energy for any purpose, only drain it from the perceived danger. Young "creatures" are not very good at using this ability, so they seek the safety of others rather than use it. Adults, however, are very adept at drawing off a targets energy, even from a great distance. They rarely draw enough energy to kill though, taking only what is necessary to convince the would-be attacker that it wouldn't be worth the effort. When a "creature" uses this power a humming is heard coming from its metallic wings.

In case I don't get pics done before the fifth:

The egg is iridescent colors, with a single wing protruding out one side with darker iridescence.

The hatchling is a lot like a pearl wyrm, but shorter, with wings, it has a pearl wyrm head, and a feather drake tail.

The adult has a pearl wyrm head with a prominent crest, long thin neck, and sharp claws. It has three "pearls" on each side, great wings with iridescent/crystalline feathers.

Pic:
Please forgive my horrible artwork, just can't get into it right now.
Spoiler
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D

Return to “February 2017 Monthly Contest”