Crossing Worlds
MSolara
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

N° 1: Waterfalls of Dorr - Xaalo Falls

Post by MSolara »

Spoiler
Actual place: Iguazú falls, located between Argentina and Brazil. I took this photo with my phone's camera :t-sweat: (don't shoot me, real photographers!) during a trip we took with my boyfriend and his family, this past Christmas.

Link to full size:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh69 ... 5zhgwk.jpg

Extra pic of the same place:
Spoiler
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh69 ... onmkit.jpg
Last edited by MSolara on July 31st, 2016, 8:00:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC scroll.
Evergen Weyr: a Dragonrider's of Pern RP site :haha:
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: N° 1: Waterfalls of Dorr - Xaalo Falls

Post by Merkwerkee »

Damn, son. The pics are really good and the place is amazing!

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
MSolara
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MSolara »

*_* thank you! I always feel... self conscious and maybe even embarrassed? when posting pictures, because the only camera I own is the one in my phone and I know nothing about photography (even though I enjoy taking pics of pretty much everything). So I'm glad someone liked it!

And yes, the place is amazing. It's not only a huge chain of waterfalls (around 270 of them), but it's also surrounded by a subtropical rainforest that is protected and pretty much untouched. There's a lot of fauna native to Latin America around, from Coatis to Jaguars and Pumas.

I went there three times: during a drought (there was water only in the main waterfall, called "Garganta del diablo" - devil's throat in English. It was actually an awesome view, and there were National Geographic photographers there, capturing the unnatural "Iguazú Canyon phenomenon. If you looked at the river's bank, it was dry enough in some parts for Coatis. Monkeys and Capybaras to walk from one shore to another!). Then I went during a flood (there was so much water that some of the walks and all the boat trips had to be closed because of safety issues.) and finally during a "normal" time lol, which was this trip (I was able to do the boat expeditions... they take you so close to some of the waterfalls that you almost shower in them! Also, I touched a wild baby Coati and scolded a tourist (and adult dude about 50 years old) who was feeding OREOS to a grown up Coati.)

Ahem. I rambled.

I just love that place.
DC scroll.
Evergen Weyr: a Dragonrider's of Pern RP site :haha:
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Don't be hating on cell phone cameras - they're much better now than they were before. Heck one of my competition photos was taken with my cell phone and I think it turned out rather well

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence

Return to “July 2016 monthly contest”