Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Rana1000
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Rise of Dragons OOC thread

Post by Rana1000 »

This is the out of character thread for my role-play, Rise of Dragons. Feel free to discuss anything and everything related to the rp here! Toss some ideas at me if you want, I'm very open to suggestion. Also, at times I can get a little stuck with what direction to take the role play in, so instead of pming everyone I'll just ask about it here! I might also add an occasional drawing here related to the role-play. ((I'm not very good, so I apologize in advance if my artwork makes you want to gouge your eyes out...))

Here is the actually role-play thread: 23-roleplay-stage/193778-rise-of-dragon ... eeded.html

Also, these are a few things that I didn't feel were needed on the actual role-play page but might benefit you, so I put them here.

Your Guide to Dragon Battles
Spoiler
I felt like I needed to add this bit. I hope this can be of some use to you!
Using logic when battling: Alright, this should be self-explanitory, but I'm going to put it here anyways. If your dragon is smaller than average or doesn't necessarily possess a lot of strength, please do not make him or her engage in a battle with another dragon who is large or exceedingly strong, unless they have some sort of intricate trick of their sleeve that involves a powerful ability. Of course, you cannot battle solely with your dragon's abilities, so it may just be best if you leave your peers to tackle the larger foes.
Don't act like your dragon has come away from a fight unscathed! These are massive reptiles capable of toppling towers and burning entire forests to a crisp, and when these beasts clash claws they absolutely tear each other apart. Your dragon is not invincible, so please do not act like it! If another user attacks your dragon, recognize the fact that it probably hurt, a lot! They will be expected to do the same when you attack their character.
Common battle tactics:
1) Dive from above: Generally used if a dragon has not yet been noticed by their enemy, and can cause a lot of damage if executed correctly.
2) Wing-pin: May be combined with the above tactic, if a dragon is using this strategy they will specifically aim for their opponents wings to drag them down to the ground and pin them. Used mainly by dragons who feel they have a strength advantage in the fight.
3) Claw-latch: A dragon using this tactic will dig two or all four of their claws into their opponent, trying to latch on and become unshakable, tearing up their foe's scales as they try to dislodge their attacker.
4) Neck-chomp: Used by dragons attempting to put a swift end to their opponent, they will focus all their energy on clamping their jaws down on their foe's neck with enough force to break it, which takes a lot of effort and leaves the attacker vulnerable.
5) (This last one isn't really a battle tactic, but I don't really know what else to call it.) If a dragon knows that they are losing a fight and wishes to surrender they will go completely limp and lay belly-up. In doing this the opponent dragon is expected to cease their attack and let their opponent fly away from the battle. In turn, the surrendering dragon is expected to fly back home and cannot partake in the remainder of that battle. While these terms may be honored by Savior dragons, don't count on them being honored by the Ravagers...
Territory Maps
Spoiler
http://s1062.photobucket.com/user/MadiD ... 9.jpg.htmlSorry these are so small, when you hover over the image a little button in the top right that looks like a magnifying glass with a plus sign in it should appear. Click on that to see a bigger version of the picture.

I swear I'll get the Savior's territory up soon, I just been so busy all day D:
"BlackHeart the red nosed dragon..."
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t48 ... 0c75ac.jpg
Last edited by Rana1000 on December 31st, 2014, 2:38:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Rana1000
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Rise of Dragons OOC thread

Post by Rana1000 »

Hey everyone, I think we can finally start the role-play! RoseShine is going to be playing Lyra, so a big thank you to her!
ImageImageImageImage
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

Glad to see that you got someone for Lyra!
Ah, I'm extremely excited to start! I was kind of disappointed when this RP kinda died last time, but I've been really wanting to use Neiva/now Ashira for a while since! x]

Glad to see that SheWolf and a few other people from the RP are joining again too ~
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
ParadiseSeeker
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParadiseSeeker »

I'm glad that you got someone for Lyra <3
“...she said all writers were prima donnas, drunks, social misfits, pompous, or depressed. Brilliant, maybe, but completely crazy.” ― Ilsa J. Bick
Rana1000
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rana1000 »

Ugh, I'm reeeaaallly sorry for delaying this even longer but I'm posting this from my phone right now, and won't be able to post anything after this for at least 10 hours. (I've been on a vacation for the past two weeks, and I'm going home now, sadly.) I already have the starting post ready though, and the next time I have access to a computer I'll post it.
ImageImageImageImage
Roseshine12
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

Wheee hi all. X3 Lyra's roleplayer here. XD What's up? :P

Also, hey Aneira. XD Didn't notice you were in here. x3

*is totally lying and stalking you* :well:
"Has fate been cruel to us? You may as well ask if fire is good or bad. Fate is like fire; it can shape us... or it can destroy us. All that matters is what you do with it."
~Lorewalker Cho from World of Warcraft

For those who wish to gift me, I have a wishlist on my profile page. :3
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

Rose! :t-glomp:
-Is totally okay with that-

Good to see that you've joined this RP ~ The more familiar faces, the better! Now I'm even more excited x]

And there's no reason to be sorry for a bit of a delay. I just got home from vacation myself. That was an incredibly long drive, too. Traffic was just awful. It seemed like everyone picked the same day to get into an accident or rear end someone. x _x;
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
ParadiseSeeker
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParadiseSeeker »

That doesn't sound good glad that you all got home (getting home) safely
“...she said all writers were prima donnas, drunks, social misfits, pompous, or depressed. Brilliant, maybe, but completely crazy.” ― Ilsa J. Bick
Roseshine12
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

Aneira! ^.^

:t-hug:

Better be. XD Because I'll stalk you anyway. x3

And I'm happy to be here. :P I'm a fan of dragons myself. ^.^ I'm excited to roleplay Lyra! :)

And hai Paradise. x3
"Has fate been cruel to us? You may as well ask if fire is good or bad. Fate is like fire; it can shape us... or it can destroy us. All that matters is what you do with it."
~Lorewalker Cho from World of Warcraft

For those who wish to gift me, I have a wishlist on my profile page. :3
ParadiseSeeker
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParadiseSeeker »

Hi rose :p

Return to “Backstage”