Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
DewDrop12
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Shadowless OOC

Post by DewDrop12 »

Hello! Welcome to the out-of-character thread for Shadowless! Post your forms, comments, questions, etc. here. ^_^
Storyteller from the womb to the tomb. :cool:
NekoKyu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Shadowless OOC

Post by NekoKyu »

I come bearing questions! :yarly:

The feedings, is it a literal vampire feeding, or more about killing them and standing there and feeding off the dying soul?

The Champions, when they first arrived to Earth, did they have their own form? If so, is it still possible at special times for them to have a physical form?

Also, how exactly does a Champion "possess" a human's shadow? Do they just suddenly appear there, or is there like jumping involved?

Have you ever watched Doctor Who?

I can't remember what else. :derp:
Storytellers from the womb to the tomb :cool:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Standing on top of the world,
Who'd have ever thought that we would fall.

˙llɐɟ plnoʍ ǝʍ ʇɐɥʇ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ɹǝʌǝ ǝʌɐɥ p,oɥʍ
`plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo doʇ uo ƃuıpuɐʇS
DewDrop12
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by DewDrop12 »

Yay, questions! :crazy:

It's more about killing a human and standing there and feeding off the dying soul. Champions do not need to physically ingest any part of their kill - I mean they could if they wanted, if that was what they were into. They merely need to kill to absorb the essence/soul/whatever you want to call it of the organism to use as glamour. So it's not exactly physically feeding, like a vampire would, but the idea is similar enough. Plus, if you factor in the psychological addiction (like being addicted to sleeping, or playing video games, or drugs, etc.), I thought "feeding" and "starving" would be fitting of the concept.

Champions do have their own form, yes. They're an essence, more than anything. Something not necessarily physical, more spiritual, and invisible to the eye. Because the gods are essentially formless, they are able to manipulate their image at will (like say a hologram), but can also manifest different physical vessels to house themselves. These bodies are empty shells, and the gods merely control them. So when they lived with humanity in their own world, they usually created human bodies for themselves to inhabit, in order to better live among their creations. When they attacked Earth, it pretty much depended on the Champion whether they adopted a physical form or not, and what that form looked like. It could've been human, animal, pretty much anything.

When a Champion does not have a Host, then yes, they can physically manifest as whatever they'd like during that twelve hours. However, that also almost guarantees that Earth's laws with purge them, because they're brandishing themselves out in the open. It doesn't matter if they find another Host before those twelve hours are up, because Earth's laws have already been "alerted" to the intruder. It's kind of like a security system, following merely what it's programmed to do, but even the best have a small margin for error. So when a Champion does not have a Host, it's best they stay formless and hide until they can find another.

A Champion "possesses" a human shadow by actually becoming the shadow. Since they're formless gods, they can adopt the shadow as their form. Which is why, when a Champion is controlling their Host, their Host's body has no shadow. Because the Champion is still technically the shadow, even as they're invading the Host's body and sealing away its consciousness in order to control the Host's body. So once a Champion is on Earth, they need to latch onto a shadow before that twelve hours is up.

Yes, but only the first season of the reboot like three years ago. It impressed me by being a lot better than I thought, but I also decided I don't want to dedicate the time to watching all of it. There are some other factors, but that's the main one. Why do you ask? :orly:

That's okay. Thank you so much for your questions! It helped me flesh out some of the areas I hadn't covered much. ;u; Hopefully everything makes sense.
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Ohhh, okay. So that mass slaughter of humans then, was that written off as some freak accident? Exactly how long ago was it that the first set of Champions came to Earth, hundreds of years ago or merely a few months? For that matter, will the roleplay be starting right exactly when/kinda after the Champions have latched onto their human, or will they have been with that human for a while now?

I ask cause there's an episode about a monster that preys on flesh, and the way it moves is it hides in the shadows. That's where the similarities end though, especially since they know a person is being hunted when they have two shadows. It's still an awesome episode however. ^_^

It all made plenty of sense my dear Dew. :t-glomp:

DewDrop12
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by DewDrop12 »

The mass slaughter happened around 8000 BC. The gods found their loophole soon after, so Champions have been living in human shadows for about 10,000 years. Since history wasn't exactly being recorded at that time, the mass killing never left any long-term impression. The roleplay will be starting in modern day, maybe a little bit more technologically advanced, and so the Champions will have been on Earth for a very, very long time. They'll have gone through thousands upon thousands of Hosts by the start of the rp. So when it actually starts, it's pretty much up to the rpers when their Champion attached to their Host. It could be decades, a few years, a month or two, maybe a couple of days. It really doesn't matter. For example, my Champion will have just moved into a new Host a week or two ago when the rp starts, though he's been living in Vortia for about two years or so.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen that episode! Or maybe I have, but just can't recall it. xD;;

:yey: Good! It's a big idea, so I'm glad.
Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

After reading everything, I feel as though I would hate myself for spending all of that time if I didn't join. XD

But no, really. Awesome plot going on here and I shall be cooking up some characters. :yarly:

I had a question but then I drove my brother to work and forgot what it was so hopefully I'll remember it at some point. :derp:
+Good and evil are always at war inside you+
-That's rough, buddy-
\Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times/
#Down ya go#
>It's a giant mushroom... maybe it's FRIENDLY!<
|SECRET TUNNEL! SECRET TUNNEL!|
~I laugh at gravity all the time. Haha! Gravity~
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Oh yes, here's a question. The old world, was it just humans and gods living there, or were there other creatures as well? And what about the environment? Was it full of forests and rivers and such like here, or was more fantastical or simply a giant field on which the humans slept? I realized it was relevant to my charrie's history, so I figured I'd ask instead of just assuming. :derp:

Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

Oh, I think my question was: are the Champions able to return to the gods' world and then back to their host at will or are they stuck on Earth?
+Good and evil are always at war inside you+
-That's rough, buddy-
\Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times/
#Down ya go#
>It's a giant mushroom... maybe it's FRIENDLY!<
|SECRET TUNNEL! SECRET TUNNEL!|
~I laugh at gravity all the time. Haha! Gravity~
DewDrop12
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by DewDrop12 »

Fang, Neko, I'm so happy to hear you guys are joining. I have this huge smile on my face that I can't get rid of. :yey:
/rolls around on floor in excitement

@Fang:
:t-blush: Thank you! I'm really happy that you like the idea!

Champions aren't necessarily stuck on Earth, but they should rarely return to the gods' world/old world. Since they were raised up to be Champions, killing humans on Earth essentially became their job, and if they were to return to the old world, it would mean they aren't doing their job, and would be looked down upon by the other gods. And there's also the killing withdrawal to worry about. Essentially, Champions should overall have become accustomed to living on Earth and living among humans and never really visiting the old world. It's part of the job description, and wouldn't become a Champion if they couldn't handle leaving the old world for extended periods of time.

Champions can definitely have loved ones back in the old world that they miss, though! But since the gods are immortal and lived a long time, human time is nothing to them, and should only visit every hundred/thousand years or so.

But if a Champion were to leave Earth and return to the old world, they most likely wouldn't return to the same Host. Too much work to hunt said Host down. And if they were somehow involved in their Host, they probably wouldn't leave to go back to the old world, since human lifespans are so short to them and almost everything in the old world is immortal.

@Neko: The old world had other creatures living in it, but nothing more advanced than humans - so what we would consider animals, basically. These creatures were also immortal, and so even if they were "killed" by humans for food, they'd just reappear in a new body somewhere else. Almost like reincarnation. Except these creatures didn't reproduce, since there was no need to, and their "new" body would be exactly the same as their last. This is why humanity was so important to the gods, because they could die and reproduce, which neither the gods themselves nor their previous creations could do.

The environment of the old world is supposed to parallel irl Earth with it's diversity in climate and such, but on a more fantastical level, like you said. So there could be deserts that glow blue at night, or forests infested by immortal green flamingos, etc. As long as it's something not cartoonish (aka, "They lived on a mountain of cotton candy!"), you can pretty much interpret the old world's environment however you want. I do want to make note that humanity was living as a hunter-gatherer society for all of their time on the old world, however, so nothing super technologically advanced.
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

Hi

*drinks lemonade whilst reading the information overload*

Oh, also Renton is joining this shindig. I dunno if you know, but he's a rather pleasant individual.

Return to “Backstage”