My entry - Behemoth

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Knuckerbearer
Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

My entry - Behemoth

Post by Knuckerbearer »

Here my entry for the contest, Behemoth. Tell me what you think.

General:
Bigger than a house, with wide, crushing feet, four curved horns, and an incredibly long and thick tail, a behemoth is an impressive sight. They live near rivers and lakes in the Jungles of Raza, spending much of their time in water. They have colorful beards of flesh under their chins, which are larger and brighter in the males. Usually a gentle giant, the behemoth browses on trees, often knocking down the whole tree to get the juicy leaves it wants. But when it's young or eggs are threatened, the behemoth can create earth tremors that are felt miles away. Even dragons rarely dare to challenge the behemoth.

Egg:
This very large and very heavy egg has a thick tail poking out of it.

Hatchling:
This drab-colored hatchling has enormous feet, a long tail, and a huge appetite. Each day it requires ever larger quantities of hay, oats, vegetables, and any edible plant material in general. Fortunately, it's learning to feed itself, rearing up trees to nibble on the leaves, and spending hours browsing on bushes around the Keep. It's already huge, and growing bigger all the time. It frequently trips over its feet, too big even for its size, and its tail is constantly knocking things over.

Adult: (Slight difference between males and females)
You are amazed at how big your pet has grown. You could build a house and live on its back. The earth trembles under its footsteps, and its tail can knock over young trees and collapse a house. It enjoys using its horns to spar with other behemoth, and tosses its head to display to females/waves its head to display to males. Every so often, it emits deep, rumbling bellows which cause the earth to shake for miles around. It is quite gentle and amiable toward you and other magi, though you must take care not to get in the way of its feet!

Male's crest is large, bright green lined with red, and yellow flecks. Females' is smaller, paler green lined with pink.
Male:

Female:
Last edited by Knuckerbearer on September 17th, 2009, 10:14:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
A wicked one forgiven and saved by Jesus' loving sacrifice. ImageImageImageImageImage
DarkenedHeart
CreaturesTrade

Re: My entry - Behemoth

Post by DarkenedHeart »

thus is an idea, disregard it if you dont like it-you should make the adult description longer. Adult descriptions are usually the longest.
ImageImageImageImageImage Click them. Or I will throw a pen at you.
ImageImage
Knuckerbearer
Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Knuckerbearer »

Yeah, I was wondering if I should make it longer
A wicked one forgiven and saved by Jesus' loving sacrifice. ImageImageImageImageImage
Pokelover22
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pokelover22 »

The behemoth and Leviathan are mythical counterparts. This is perfect. :hooray:
Click all hatchlings in my signature
~My Cute Babies 'N' Eggs~
Image Gaurdian Of My Keep
ImageImage]Image

DragCave: ImageImageImage

Sitting:

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”