Inoka1's entry - Sconius

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Inoka1
CreaturesTrade

Inoka1's entry - Sconius

Post by Inoka1 »

CONCEPT ART:
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq53 ... ornius.png

(I drew that.)

Due to lack of effort on my part, I have only pixel'd the egg.
Spoiler
EGG DESCRIPTION
The egg is brown-orange and slightly larger than other eggs. It is heavy and has a purple tail protruding from it. It looks out-of-place floating down the river*.

HATCHLING DESCRIPTION
Sconius hatchlings are thin, and have a depressed look. The pups stay close to their mother, because their shell is not large enough to protect from aerial attacks from large flying creatures. The tail has minimal poison and is virtually useless at this stage of life. If the fire around their paws and tail go out, the pup dies.They aren't very active, and if their are no creatures in the area, they will ride on their Mother's back.

ADULT DESCRIPTION
The full grown Sconius is now a towering hybrid of Scorpion and Canine. They can reach speeds of 60MPH, and have a lethal poison flowing through their tail. They are proud, majestic, and loyal creatures who will risk their lives for their Master or pups without a second thought. They have a shell that seemingly cannot be penetrated by man or machine. They have a dark flame surrounding their hooves (They have hooves, not paws) that chars the grass they walk on. Unlike the pups, they can put out the fire at will and remained unharmed, but their speed drops dramatically. This technique is commonly used when stalking a prey. When they sleep, their flames go out.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Sconius is a mix between Canine and Scropion. They commonly dwell in the Desert, but have been seen in forests and even mountains. They have a mystic purple flame surrounding their hooves, which allow them to trot at great speeds. They usually live deep underground in hollows abandoned by other creatures. They can survive for up to 2 months without food, but water is a necessity, so they usually dig underground in the hollows until they reach an underwater stream.They have a shell made of a crystal-like material to protect their pups. Many people hunt the Sconius for their shells and hide, and the species now faces the threat of extinction.

*If the egg isn't found in the Stream, take this part out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Inoka1's entry - Sconius

Post by Arimermaid »

Good idea! :crazy:
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
Inoka1
CreaturesTrade

Re: Inoka1's entry - Sconius

Post by Inoka1 »

I was thinking of what I should do, when some kids walked down the hallway talking about a Scorpion-Giraffe thing. I started off drawing that, but then scrapped the idea and replaced the giraffe with the dog. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”