How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
WolfeDente
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by WolfeDente »

Solbrekt wrote: November 21st, 2023, 5:34:11 am one of my favorite rocks is losing its pattern. it's shiny and near-black, and used to have a line of pale yellow smudgy patterns on it. i used to think it looked like little clouds. now it's faded to mostly its dark color and the pale marks look like just dirt scuffs. oh well. some rocks distort if exposed to sun or moisture over time, maybe whatever this one is made of is one of the ones that does that. i don't know what kind it is, it was a present. now i'm worried i'm going to end up mistaking it for one of the shiny black rocks i get in baggies full for my plants. i wonder if i put it somewhere special if i'll remember why it's there, memory is almost never on my side though
Could you mark it in some way? Put little eyes on it, or something?
Wishlist Here <3
To Hatchling only Please!:
ImageImageImageImageImage
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

WolfeDente wrote: November 21st, 2023, 10:45:20 am
Solbrekt wrote: November 21st, 2023, 5:34:11 am one of my favorite rocks is losing its pattern. it's shiny and near-black, and used to have a line of pale yellow smudgy patterns on it. i used to think it looked like little clouds. now it's faded to mostly its dark color and the pale marks look like just dirt scuffs. oh well. some rocks distort if exposed to sun or moisture over time, maybe whatever this one is made of is one of the ones that does that. i don't know what kind it is, it was a present. now i'm worried i'm going to end up mistaking it for one of the shiny black rocks i get in baggies full for my plants. i wonder if i put it somewhere special if i'll remember why it's there, memory is almost never on my side though
I saw this and my mind immediately thought of just a rock with googly eyes on it and I can't stop laughing internally now.

Tennis lesson today was cancelled because our teacher is sick. Last week it was rain.
I just wanna smack something dangit stop making me stay home :t-tantrum:
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
WolfeDente
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfeDente »

EstherGamer wrote: November 21st, 2023, 12:33:29 pm
WolfeDente wrote: November 21st, 2023, 10:45:20 am
I saw this and my mind immediately thought of just a rock with googly eyes on it and I can't stop laughing internally now.

Tennis lesson today was cancelled because our teacher is sick. Last week it was rain.
I just wanna smack something dangit stop making me stay home :t-tantrum:
Not gonna lie, I was thinking like mini googly eyes, or paint eyes or something. Just to mark it as important to them!

...you wanna smack a tennis ball probably (lol) I'm sorry that's happening though, that's rough, multiple-week delays. :t-hugs:
Wishlist Here <3
To Hatchling only Please!:
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

I really hope Yarolds gets fixed soon >.< It's been nearly a week and last night, rolling my computer's clock back only allowed me to utilize the site in Opera, not Chrome or even Firefox. Apparently DemonicJ has reached out to the owner of the site, but I don't know if anyone is doing anything beyond that...
Be kind.
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Aflame
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aflame »

MadameRed wrote: November 21st, 2023, 4:10:03 pm I really hope Yarolds gets fixed soon >.< It's been nearly a week and last night, rolling my computer's clock back only allowed me to utilize the site in Opera, not Chrome or even Firefox. Apparently DemonicJ has reached out to the owner of the site, but I don't know if anyone is doing anything beyond that...
same, hopefully they're able to get things sorted! I had a bit of success adding/removing links one at a time before it logged me out and I had to go through my browser's "unsafe!!" screen again.
Image thank you for the amazing gifts <3Image
wishlist join the ms discord! my shop

sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Aflame wrote: November 21st, 2023, 6:00:00 pm
MadameRed wrote: November 21st, 2023, 4:10:03 pm I really hope Yarolds gets fixed soon >.< It's been nearly a week and last night, rolling my computer's clock back only allowed me to utilize the site in Opera, not Chrome or even Firefox. Apparently DemonicJ has reached out to the owner of the site, but I don't know if anyone is doing anything beyond that...
same, hopefully they're able to get things sorted! I had a bit of success adding/removing links one at a time before it logged me out and I had to go through my browser's "unsafe!!" screen again.
I've rolled my laptop's clock back to the 14th and it's currently working in Opera, but that trick stopped working in Chrome, so who knows how much longer it'll work in Opera.

I know nothing about renewing server certificates or what's required for that sort of thing, but it looks like it was last renewed within the past few months at least. I know Yarolds isn't as active as it used to be, but it's still in use quite a lot for many different websites; it would be terribly inconvenient to see it go away. As far as I know, it's the only website of its kind.
Be kind.
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

Yarolds still works just fine in Firefox after you told it that you are aware of the dangers, yes you really want to continue. Not sure about other browsers because Firefox is the only one I use.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Munin wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 8:58:18 am Yarolds still works just fine in Firefox after you told it that you are aware of the dangers, yes you really want to continue. Not sure about other browsers because Firefox is the only one I use.
I've tried that, and it just kicks me back to the error page after a few clicks around. Last night I was able to use it in Opera by rolling my computer's clock back while I was clicking through, so hopefully that holds.

There's fewer and fewer links there every day, though. Not everyone is going to attempt to navigate around it, so its effectiveness is going to drop until the server certificate is renewed.

Thank goodness we have the IFN.
Be kind.
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

Yeah that´s true, many people won´t bother or not know how and without enough people the whole system collapses real fast. It´d be the end of an era, that site has been around for so long xD
marya
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by marya »

Just looking to post a quick w:
I've never been very close to my sister (6yrs older) but all my life she's always promised she'd be there for me with little evidence.
Last night I had the opportunity to go out with her and her guy and meet her friends, and it was f'ing fabulous. It was the only time I've ever felt so close to her and I'm so happy the two of us made it happen.
Formerly mahbell // talk D&D to me

Return to “Community Discussion”