Belmos Does too many auctions.

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Belmos Does too many auctions.

Post by Soleil »

firepaw60 wrote:
ShenziSixaxis wrote:While on the topic of prizes, why doesn't Belmos occasionally have smaller type auctions where the prizes are not DCs, but rather, quest creatures (QBs likely), gift creatures (low gens and GBs), and shop creatures (low gen and SB)? Just an idea, instead of a very old DC, somewhat old DC, and then 1st gen quest creatures + various creatures. I may PM Belmos myself. :look:
I was wondering that too, and I would really like it if now and then he had smaller-scale auctions with QB pairs as the prizes
He does do some smaller ones, just not very often. He just did a special auction for a Kuras Tiger where it was a 1g MI auction, so I think that catered to the.. not super rich population. I mean of course not everyone wants a Kuras, but that was just my one example that he does sometimes do small auctions

I would like to see more smaller auctions, like Shenzi said that aren't for old old donations but still worthy creatures.
Mukumuku
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mukumuku »

FeralToki wrote:No, it doesn't. That's why Belmos' auctions are usually such chaos at the end, with everyone trying to post within the last minute, and getting constant "kicker" messages like that.
But without the "kicker" messages, the current HB may change as you're typing/posting, and thereby rendering the bid you just posted invalid. It may be annoying, but it helps to make the mess a bit less craptastic because you're almost forced to be aware of what other users are posting at all times.
(:3」∠)__
Keolah
CreaturesTrade

Post by Keolah »

Personally, I just dislike the way MS handles auctions, period. None of it matters a whit until the last 10 minutes of the auction, and then it's madness...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Firepaw
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

Soleil wrote:He does do some smaller ones, just not very often. He just did a special auction for a Kuras Tiger where it was a 1g MI auction, so I think that catered to the.. not super rich population. I mean of course not everyone wants a Kuras, but that was just my one example that he does sometimes do small auctions

I would like to see more smaller auctions, like Shenzi said that aren't for old old donations but still worthy creatures.
IDK what I meant, but more small-scale, if donation pets are big-scale things :3
Not necessarily 1 gold auctions, and not auctions that go up to 200k :omg: (like the side events...)
Personally, I just dislike the way MS handles auctions, period. None of it matters a whit until the last 10 minutes of the auction, and then it's madness...
? I've seen auctions where the SB person is almost guaranteed to win, and I remember one for a LOT of old donis, where the winner bid hours before the time was up.

Image Image
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

I'll throw in my 2 gold...
Keolah wrote:Personally, I just dislike the way MS handles auctions, period. None of it matters a whit until the last 10 minutes of the auction, and then it's madness...
That's just the nature of online auctions. Ever been to eBay?

I almost never bid in the auctions. (or any auction for that matter...) I know that my chances of winning are slim to none, especially since I can never remember when they end, even if I AM online when it happens.
Personally, I don't particularly WANT Master Belmos' donation pets, because I already have at least one of most of them, and I'd rather see them go to players who don't have them.

I have participated in a few raffles, because the items I get from those I can usually figure out what to do with, and I do usually get a little something.

Now, his most recent quicksale thingy going on... I haven't looked to see if my request was responded to yet, but my trade hasn't been canceled, so I figure that's a good sign. I LOVE this thing.

I know Master Belmos' time is limited, and Morgaln already has a full plate... but... erm... could we maybe run two or three kinds of events at once?
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”