Belmos Does too many auctions.

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ShenziSixaxis
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Belmos Does too many auctions.

Post by ShenziSixaxis »

Raffles choose winners too randomly for my tastes, and the prizes are.... well, to me their complete crap most of the time. I also do not like the fact that you WILL spend gold and not necessarily get something. I just don't like raffles.

You don't have to be rich to participate in the auctions, as they never go higher than around 500k. That's not too much, considering it only happens when the winning prize is a Temple Cat or any DC from before that. All you have to do is hoard a decent amount of gold (not small, but not huge), get your ass out of bed if it ends then, and try.

While on the topic of prizes, why doesn't Belmos occasionally have smaller type auctions where the prizes are not DCs, but rather, quest creatures (QBs likely), gift creatures (low gens and GBs), and shop creatures (low gen and SB)? Just an idea, instead of a very old DC, somewhat old DC, and then 1st gen quest creatures + various creatures. I may PM Belmos myself. :look:

FeralToki wrote:Or maybe even a "silent auction", in which a person makes one bid, their maximum, to Belmos via PM. This bid cannot be retracted, nor can it be edited/added to. Gold on hand at the time of the bid is what you have. One person = one bid, no bidding for others.

Other rules and restrictions could apply, but that might be a way around the OMG CLUSTERFUCK at the end of the normal auctions (which is the only reason I almost never bid on such things).

Just a random thought.
Sounds fun, but PMing bids for auctions and creatures for sale posted in the MD is blatantly against the rules for others. I do like this idea though, but WE ALL KNOW there will be idiots trying to do the same thing.
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

I think Belmos does have smaller auctions, with special Nursery events, but those have no maximum increments so it shoots up very high very quickly.

And sometimes you do get stuff from raffles, even if it isn't one of the main prizes. Like now you can get a Jackalope by purchasing tickets. :P

I like the idea of a silent auction, but yeah it does go against the rules doesn't it? XD Ah well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

Well, the rules as they stand now. Rules are always subject to change (and in some cases, exception).

*shrug* It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack
dreammaker626
CreaturesTrade

Post by dreammaker626 »

I problly wont ever do them i hardlly make any gold and so there problly going to be alot of people putting in prices that i wont ever be able to beat.
ImageImageImageImage
ShenziSixaxis
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShenziSixaxis »

Piney wrote:I think Belmos does have smaller auctions, with special Nursery events, but those have no maximum increments so it shoots up very high very quickly.

And sometimes you do get stuff from raffles, even if it isn't one of the main prizes. Like now you can get a Jackalope by purchasing tickets. :P

I like the idea of a silent auction, but yeah it does go against the rules doesn't it? XD Ah well.
Those are to get rid of excess creatures, as you get one per 250g.
WinterRaven
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by WinterRaven »

I don't mind the idea of a silent auction as one of the alternatives. I means its good to have more options too right? C: Silent auctions wouldn't mean pages of invalid posts trying to figure which number is the last valid bid Dx
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

Another option might be to disable the feature that keeps you from posting if someone has posted just before you hit "Submit" in the Auction House... if possible (which it might not be in phpBB).

MegaTen
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
PossessedFae
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PossessedFae »

FeralToki wrote:Another option might be to disable the feature that keeps you from posting if someone has posted just before you hit "Submit" in the Auction House... if possible (which it might not be in phpBB).
I think MS already does that though. :tard: I mean, when I'm trying to post here, if someone posted before me I can't post. Does it not do that in the auction house?
I have a lot of butterflies. :derp:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

No, it doesn't. That's why Belmos' auctions are usually such chaos at the end, with everyone trying to post within the last minute, and getting constant "kicker" messages like that.

MegaTen
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
Firepaw
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

FeralToki wrote:Or maybe even a "silent auction", in which a person makes one bid, their maximum, to Belmos via PM. This bid cannot be retracted, nor can it be edited/added to. Gold on hand at the time of the bid is what you have. One person = one bid, no bidding for others.

Other rules and restrictions could apply, but that might be a way around the OMG CLUSTERFUCK at the end of the normal auctions (which is the only reason I almost never bid on such things).

Just a random thought.
Possibly, but I'm sure there are users out there who would pay 2 mill + for some of the old things, and that REALLY caters to only the rich :cool:
ShenziSixaxis wrote:While on the topic of prizes, why doesn't Belmos occasionally have smaller type auctions where the prizes are not DCs, but rather, quest creatures (QBs likely), gift creatures (low gens and GBs), and shop creatures (low gen and SB)? Just an idea, instead of a very old DC, somewhat old DC, and then 1st gen quest creatures + various creatures. I may PM Belmos myself. :look:
I was wondering that too, and I would really like it if now and then he had smaller-scale auctions with QB pairs as the prizes

Image Image

Return to “Community Discussion”