Change in moderators

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Fyn
CreaturesTrade

Re: Change in moderators

Post by Fyn »

Rythalion wrote:I am glad that this step was taken.
What she did was not only uncalled for, it was unnecessary and rude. A normal user should never do such a thing and face certain consequences. But as a moderator, a person a normal user looks up and to and approaches for help something like this should never occur. It is a no-go and I don't know what hit her to let this happen. When it comes to me as a person - she has lost my respect completely and I am glad that she had to face consequences.
I agree, but as the original post was deleted, and any posts quoting it were as well, I take that as they'd rather not bring it back up, so that's as much as I will say.

Thanks for the notice Morg~
Pets to Raise --> ~None Currently~ <-- esiaR ot steP
~Image Free Mine in "About Me" Section of Profile~

Rythalion
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rythalion »

Myzou wrote:
I agree, but as the original post was deleted, and any posts quoting it were as well, I take that as they'd rather not bring it back up, so that's as much as I will say.

I guess it's also the best to not bring it up again.
What was said was said and action was taken. So, I as a user, am content =)

Oh and also thanks for notice from me ^^; I forgot that in my first comment.
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by BluMajica »

Thinks that seeing as the whole thing was not mentioned for several pages that it should not be brought up again. Esp as many people who may see this don't know what it is that everyone keeps referring to.

So please - enough. whats done is done - can not be undone and "justice" has been served by the unyielding ban hammer wielder Morg.

You will just stir up things that don't need to be stirred imo.
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
Raine
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raine »

Rythalion wrote:I am glad that this step was taken.
What she did was not only uncalled for, it was unnecessary and rude. A normal user should never do such a thing and face certain consequences. But as a moderator, a person a normal user looks up and to and approaches for help something like this should never occur. It is a no-go and I don't know what hit her to let this happen. When it comes to me as a person - she has lost my respect completely and I am glad that she had to face consequences.
I don't know what happened, but I will say this- moderators are people too. They are also entitled to opinions and -gasp- aren't always perfect!

I moderated a community elsewhere and the notion that moderators can't express opinions or have a rant pisses me off. No, that isn't how it works and I refused to pander to that. I know it's not professional, but good gods, sometimes the userbase is just too much!

Wolf, I wish you all the best.
→ Egg Basket ☂
ImageImageImageImage
→ Hatchling Train ☂
SwnyTddObsd
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SwnyTddObsd »

I am one of the users who knows nothing about what happened, but I know from the time I spent in the Coalition thread that Wolf was there to help us focus on a balance for all users we're hoping to affect, and even gave us her personal experience as a guide. I've always respected her as a mod, and in my own ignorance, I uphold that respect for her, even if she's taken temporary leave.
I also wish you all the best, Wolf.

trading art for creatures
+
damb it's been a hot sec huh

[no creatures rn]
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/9920633][img]http://magistream.com/img/9920633.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9920636][img]http://magistream.com/img/9920636.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9920634][img]http://magistream.com/img/9920634.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9920635][img]http://magistream.com/img/9920635.gif[/img][/url]
signature art by
Angry Moth Noises
Kriever
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kriever »

All the best, Wolf. I hope you settle whatever you have soon. :) :t-hugs:

Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

SwnyTddObsd wrote:I am one of the users who knows nothing about what happened, but I know from the time I spent in the Coalition thread that Wolf was there to help us focus on a balance for all users we're hoping to affect, and even gave us her personal experience as a guide. I've always respected her as a mod, and in my own ignorance, I uphold that respect for her, even if she's taken temporary leave.
I also wish you all the best, Wolf.
Same here Swny. I really don't know what took place and I really don't want to know either (I am not the curious type). I have always respected her. I wish you all the best Wolf.

Thank you for the notice Morgaln :)
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

I didn't see the original post in question itself, but Wolf was not unmodded because of it specifically. Morgaln said that she asked if she could step down for a bit, and so she did.

So I wish her the best of luck with whatever may be going on. Real life must be a really big pain if she has to resort to this. <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

Rythalion wrote:
Myzou wrote:

I guess it's also the best to not bring it up again.
What was said was said and action was taken. So, I as a user, am content =)

Oh and also thanks for notice from me ^^; I forgot that in my first comment.
I will re-iterate what I have said early on in this thread:

Wolf taking a temporary leave of absence from her modly duties is not a result of what you are referring to. She had requested the leave from Morg for personal reasons which we will all respect and her request was granted.

I'd suggest that unless you (or anyone else) has solid proof Wolf's temp leave from the team is a direct result of what was referenced, to not speculate on the reason(s) as a sign of respect to a person who is not here to defend herself.

Thanks.

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Jeeze.... I fall off the planet for a week, and all kinds of stuff changes on me!

Welcome back to the land of purple names, Wolf! (even if it is just temporary)
I remember when I de-modded, it was a HUGE stress relief. So, in what ever happens in the future, I wish you the best!
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”