A forum for OOC threads

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Bomber
CreaturesTrade

Re: Free Rein

Post by Bomber »

I think that is a great suggestion! I think I prefer the first idea.
I've been tossing around some other things, such as him being a soldier in a kingdom that fell to ruin by demons and ultimately slaughtered his family, as it wouldn't make much sense for a peasant or similar to hunt down demons. So perhaps wanting to avenge his cursed kingdom? This has been the idea I have been leaning toward, and would like to see your thoughts on it.
SethDaimon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by SethDaimon »

I like it. It works well. If you like the first option i gave you though you will have to figure out what the wager was and how he beat her because it would obviously be very difficult.
:t-ninja: :t-ninja: :t-ninja: :t-ninja: :t-ninja:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bomber
CreaturesTrade

Post by Bomber »

For the wager, I have decided to make it based off what his family's trade profession was: candle-making. Thus, the competition would be simple - using the same amount of supplies, make the longest-burning candle. I feel that this could work because his family had a special way of making longer-lasting candles, using multiple wicks in the candle so that it burns evenly and thus, longer. In sort of a Ancient Greek-style fashion I feel that most gods would overlook this or see it as ignorant, but I'm not sure in the case of Azrael since you describe it being difficult to win in a wager against her.
SethDaimon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SethDaimon »

Hmm that is very interesting. I like it a lot. Your characters creativity and skill at his art would impress Azrael and it would make her sad to have him refuse death. I think it would be fair to say he could beat her like that. There would be a price for him staying in the mortal realm when dead though. Since he is in the world of the living while dead and not being sustained by her power he would have a limited time to get his revenge. That time would depend on his willpower and his drive to finish his task. The longer he stays in the mortal world his soul lose its connection to the mortal world and the power of the gods. As it loses these things it will have no protection against the corruptions of the world that the gods protect mortals from. His "Humanity" would slowly fade and when it disappeared completely he would be come the thing he seeks to destroy, a demon. So if he ever loses his way or falls to the corruption he will be lost. This is why Azrael guides souls to their proper rest.

Or at least all of that is an idea I had.
Bomber
CreaturesTrade

Post by Bomber »

That's actually a really good idea, and goes with my idea of a "fallen kingdom". The kingdom, Almire (not original name, nor concept in it's curse) was attacked by an army of demons. The kingdom was only able to hold out for a day before it fell to the massive horde. I feel that amid the chaos of demon's rushing in and possibly squatting there for a few days after, Azrael's followers would be unable to safely retrieve the spirits of those who died. In that time, those spirits became corrupted and become some sort of a cursed undead legion made up of the loyal Almirian soldiers.

I'm not entirely sure when Almire would be visited, perhaps the Demon Prince's forces would drop by to pick up whatever soldiers mindlessly wander about the ruins of Almire.
SethDaimon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SethDaimon »

I like it. I cannot wait to see your character. They will probably get to that city at some point. Maybe your character was headed toward Dante to try to get his help to retake his city or get his revenge or something.
Bomber
CreaturesTrade

Post by Bomber »

As a final note, I am afraid to say I completely overlooked the part of the rules where there are no humans, or at least not yet. While Dalom (character name woo) wouldn't exactly count since he is undead, as with the rest of Almire, I think it'd be better if I didn't classify him as a "human skeleton". Thus, I have decided to provide a short description of what I think the average Almirian looks like:

Standing about 7 feet tall on average, their bodies are built for endurance, able to take heavy hits and dish out equally heavy blows. Unfortunately, their formidable size leaves them a little lacking in agility, but they can typically take most of whatever is thrown at them.

I'll have to type up my CS after school tomorrow. It is late and I probably can't do it in the morning before school.
Finally, I would like to thank you Seth for all of the help, feedback, and other advice you have given me! It has been rather enjoyable to form this character, and this is only background stuff!
Bomber
CreaturesTrade

Post by Bomber »

Sorry to double post, but is this still going? I feel as if I may have been leaving my posts a little too open-ended and it makes it hard to reply to.
SethDaimon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SethDaimon »

You are fine. I am just waiting for the others to post. I will post soon if they do not I will contact them.
ParadiseSeeker
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParadiseSeeker »

Hello free rein world!
This looked to interesting to pass up to I am gonna join if that's ok!
“...she said all writers were prima donnas, drunks, social misfits, pompous, or depressed. Brilliant, maybe, but completely crazy.” ― Ilsa J. Bick

Return to “Backstage”