On creatures giving gold...

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Wynterborne
RG Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: On creatures giving gold...

Post by Wynterborne »

These are magical creatures, taken from their natural environment so there are probably magical spells that need to be performed in order for them to grow properly. Or maybe they just need turned under the heatlamp so that they don't scorch. Hatchlings need to be fed, groomed, socialized.....
Thank you for the clicks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Wishlist
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Morgaln wrote:All that glitters is not gold; I wonder what could come out of a creature that you could pick up... :derr:
BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! YUCK! But SOOOO true.
GoblinShark wrote:They all have a "Gold Gland" that produces a special liquid which solidifies into a piece of gold when it comes into contact with air. This gland is also what helps the animals grow, and is removed when an animal is being frozen, which explains why frozen hatchlings/eggs neither grow nor give gold. :yarly:
I love this concept! Well done, Gobs!
Wynterborne wrote:These are magical creatures, taken from their natural environment so there are probably magical spells that need to be performed in order for them to grow properly. Or maybe they just need turned under the heatlamp so that they don't scorch. Hatchlings need to be fed, groomed, socialized.....
I agree with this one too.

Wolf's theory is very good as well.

Me? I got nuthin!
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
ChuChu
CreaturesTrade

Post by ChuChu »

Piney wrote:I think Wolf's idea was the closest I had in mind. But what about the creatures that don't have very many uses, like gryphons, krakens, and kitsunes?
Maybe they find stuff and give it to you? I'm sure Gryphons find plenty of stuff with while flying and Kitsunes are bound to find something while running around. And imagine all the treasure Krakens can find underwater. The only thing I don't get is how eggs give you gold.
Clicks please. <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tereghan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tereghan »

ChuChu wrote: Maybe they find stuff and give it to you? I'm sure Gryphons find plenty of stuff with while flying and Kitsunes are bound to find something while running around. And imagine all the treasure Krakens can find underwater. The only thing I don't get is how eggs give you gold.
Maybe the eggs generate gold as a defense mechanism, so you won't harm the creature while it's still helpless.
"Courage is the price which life exacts for granting peace..."
-Amelia Earhart
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

GoblinShark wrote:They all have a "Gold Gland" that produces a special liquid which solidifies into a piece of gold when it comes into contact with air. This gland is also what helps the animals grow, and is removed when an animal is being frozen, which explains why frozen hatchlings/eggs neither grow nor give gold. :yarly:
Very creative.

Except, someone 'ew'd' at Morgaln's post? This one is them secreting gold at us. :t-noes:
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

Morgaln wrote:All that glitters is not gold; I wonder what could come out of a creature that you could pick up... :derr:
Well, that would only be for a Direwolf.....
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
DoctorOctopus
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by DoctorOctopus »

umbreon241 wrote:
Why only a Direwolf?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks for the gifts!
If you're gonna shorten my name, it's Doc Ock. Not DocOc.
I will buy any and all Albino Dire Wolves- any gender, stage, bred, inbred, named, whatever. Offering 2k per regular, 3k per purebred.

Image Puck is my Keep Guardian
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

DoctorOctopus wrote:
umbreon241 wrote:
Why only a Direwolf?
I think she's making a pun on them being doggy and humans typically following dogs around with little plastic baggies.

I guess you could follow the mini/unicorns, and other horsey-creatures, with shovels? :tard:

Change of topic! D:
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
FennecFyre
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by FennecFyre »

Lulz.

Guys, the gold obviously comes from Chuck Norris. Everytime we care for someone's creature, Chuck's magic spell makes a gold coin fall on our head. That's why Magis wear hooded robes. So people don't freak out at the bruises and bald spots on our heads from gold dropping. No pain, no gain.
ImageImageImage
Alicia, Fenris, and Hattie, guardians of my beasties.
Sometimes I draw things.
I was Wolfcub, and answer to Wolf, FennecFyre, or Fennec.
Raine
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raine »

I love the idea of the gold gland. That's actually really clever! :)
→ Egg Basket ☂
ImageImageImageImage
→ Hatchling Train ☂

Return to “Community Discussion”