Belmos Does too many auctions.

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Kriever
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Belmos Does too many auctions.

Post by Kriever »

Ah, that makes a lot more sense, LittleFireCat... Thanks. :)

Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

Actually Belmos does have a lot of quest creatures (far more than donation pets), many of them questborn. However, those are not top prizes for raffles. Gift creatures are. The first time Belmos had a GB Tinsel as a prize in a raffle, the amount of tickets sold almost doubled. QBs never managed that.

In case you wonder why these creatures are not public, we don't want anyone to be jealous of Belmos and he also does not want to be spammed with PMs asking him to sell any of them or put them up for the next event.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
RewinAncient
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by RewinAncient »

I dont really pay attention to his auctions. I just go in, take a look at em, and go somewhere else on the site. Ive never really been in one because I know I won't win
This Ancient's always buying Rewins and Whales
WinterRaven
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by WinterRaven »

I would love if there was another way to get the old donation pets out there that didn't involve auctions. Auctions are fine for some people, but I rarely participate in them 'cause they get so messy with the bids. The last old crystalwing auction, there were several numbers going at once. @_@;
Last edited by WinterRaven on August 31st, 2010, 5:18:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackDdraig
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by BlackDdraig »

WinterRaven wrote:I would love if there was another way to get the old donation pets out there that didn't involve auctions. Auctions are fine for some people, but I rarely participate in them 'cause they get so messy with the bids. The last old crystalwing auction, there were several number going at once. @_@;
Yeah, I do wish that it was possible to do raffles for old doni pets, as I rarely have the gold to be able to participate in auctions but can't really change the laws ^^ So, I shall just keep gold mining and hope, one day I will get lucky :P
PM me if the crash ate a linage I gifted you
If I stop logging in, it means my parents are being dicks >.<
Always remember "yukkuri shiteitte ne"(take it easy :3)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My cave My Creatures
Please visit him and all his family <3 Image
ƸӜ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

Maybe Belmos could hold an art and/or writing contest (preferably both as I'm not an artist) every other month or so - then everyone would have a chance at the old donis, not just those with lots of gold and/or decent internet connections.

Just my opinion, anyway.
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

With art/writing contests, it'll be hard to know whether someone stole something and used it for their entry. I mean I like the idea, but it'd be messier than auctions. XD Plus they're a good gold sink~

And there must be a lot of banned accounts then. O_o
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
SunsetVWF026
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by SunsetVWF026 »

I'd prefer it if Belmos' events were cheaper, but that's because I'm such a cheapskate myself. :P Every single price is way more than I can afford, every single time…However, I know one lucky duck who managed to place 5th by bidding only 1,500g…
But personally, if I had as many creatures as Master Belmos, I'd look for a way to generate the highest possible profit from them, and that happens to be auctions. XD
Forgotten Unicorn Hoard: 984/1000. Fun fact, I currently own 4.48% of all Forgotten Unicorns on Magistream. Almost there!
13/25 presents~
Dreyhana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dreyhana »

I also wish there was another way besides auctions. I have a good gaming PC, a 10MB connection and use Chrome, yet with the auctions (when they go crazy) I seem to be 3 posts behind everyone (well I was the only time I tried to win one) and all it resulted in was me looking stupid lol. Which basically means there is no way I can win one unless I manage to guess the final number.

What would be amazing is if there was an Auction App of some sort so that instead of having to reply and type out the amnt we want to bid, we could just click "bid".
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

Or maybe even a "silent auction", in which a person makes one bid, their maximum, to Belmos via PM. This bid cannot be retracted, nor can it be edited/added to. Gold on hand at the time of the bid is what you have. One person = one bid, no bidding for others.

Other rules and restrictions could apply, but that might be a way around the OMG CLUSTERFUCK at the end of the normal auctions (which is the only reason I almost never bid on such things).

Just a random thought.
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack

Return to “Community Discussion”