Do you have a method for naming your creatures?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Marik
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Do you have a method for naming your creatures?

Post by Marik »

I just use names that sound cool and fit the creature. :italian: Most I get from animes though. :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Torafeesh
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Torafeesh »

After bands, often times. Or just names I think sound cool XD There's no real actual pattern to my naming of things~
ImageImageImageImage
SaxonDarkAngel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SaxonDarkAngel »

Not on Magistream. They are usually handmedown names or made up. Thought I do sometimes use other languages.
But on Dragcave I have a naming scheme which I put in the spoiler below because it doesn't DIRECTLY relate to the topic..... :t-shrug:
Spoiler
On Dragcave I have last names depending on if I freeze it at hatchling stage (usually last name "Aura"), if I got it from the abandon page and it is from a lineage (I use "Traitu" like Traitor, and usually combine the parents names somehow, or if the parents had a last name I use that as the first name like Mother Respect and Father Respect=Respect Traitu), "Macduncan"s are usually just randoms, and "Sothe"s are cave bought and all are lineage names.
Anyone can breed with a Sothe, but Traitus usually stay with Traitus and same with Macduncans (though they are friendlier than Traitus and will breed easily with Sothes).
I also have a mini plot. Any dragon can be anything, but the lineage name is handed down. Only one dragon on my scroll does not have a lineage name. (and that is a purple dragon named Nifgra)
Also, Sothes are the friendliest and most trusting dragons, Macduncans are next, and Traitus dont trust anyone really.
And Sothes and Macduncans are more plentiful than Traitus.
You can look at my scroll to see what I mean.
My Scroll. (My username is Sothe Path of Radiance if you spell it out all the way, from the Fire Emblem games. Thought I like Sothe from Radiant Dawn better, SotheRD sounds stupider than SothePoR.)
Yep, thats all I have to say.

ImageImage
Buying Keep // LTT for Doni's // I haz dA?

ImageImage
Do not Click outside of Growing Needed Tab.
Dragon131
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dragon131 »

I usually find an interesting sounding root word of one of the creature's characteristics. (For example, the word "gryphon" is derived from the Old French word "grifoun" so I named one of my gryphons Grifoun).
ImageMolten Bone Dragon up for Auction! Magistream: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon Cave: ImageImageImageImageImage
Rythalion
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rythalion »

Not really. Usually I give the names randomly, thinking of something that sounds nice.

If they're from a specific family, though, I try to find suitable names. And of course, if I am currently really into a certain fandom, some names might find their way into my keep :D
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

A lot of the times, I choose mythological names for creatures that fit what they are. (Hippocampus named Neptune; Puvia named Ix Chel, which is a goddess of rainbows; and, yes, I have a Pegasus named Pegasus.)

Other times, I choose names that mimic an attribute of them. (Flash Fire, the Fire Phoenix; Lunar Blossom, the Lunar Hippogryph; Navy, the Baku, since they're blue.)

Other times, I use books/poems. (Skandranon, the Soot Gryphon; Mungojerrie, the Winged Cat; Ragna Roc, the Roc.)

And still other times, I just choose names randomly. (Oksana, the Nandi Bear; Camem, the Cacao Jackalope.)

Just depends. ^_^
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
Giblybob
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Giblybob »

I used to do translations in Irish Gaelic (They didn't have Scottish!) but they sounded ugly, so I usually don't name all my creatures any more, although I do name all my donis.
I am selling most of my keep! Look in the Main tab!
SurrealSadi
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SurrealSadi »

Not really.. If someone gifts me a lineage baby, I'll try to pick a name that matches the lineage name.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zen
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zen »

I type something randomly until it sounds right.

Adfijdf = doesn't sound good

ajdgfdsh = Not good

Wqim = Wehquim

Afpobw = Ahfpoeb

Akximw = Ak sim

I never know.
MoonFeather13
CreaturesTrade

Post by MoonFeather13 »

TalisRaye wrote:Other times, I use books/poems. (Skandranon, the Soot Gryphon; Mungojerrie, the Winged Cat; Ragna Roc, the Roc.)
Skandranon... isn't that from The Black/White/Silver Gryphon?
*~Artemis+Helios~*~10-21-11~*
*~Image~*~ImageImageImageImage~*~Image~*

Return to “Community Discussion”