Magistream - the poll (flashgames)

Learn about the latest updates here.

Would you like Magistream to have flash games?

Yes, in whatever way you can implement them
52%
Only if they are part of another feature, like for example quests
35%
No, please don't give us flash games at all
13%

Total votes: 1859

Ookami
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: At my desk, alternating between Magistream, drawing, and writing.

Re: Magistream - the poll (flashgames)

Post by Ookami »

C'mon mods!!! No games, please!!! D:
TO RP BUDDIES: If I haven't posted in your RP, don't freak, because I've been to busy lately to do much of any posting at all... :sweat: Image Image Image
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Ookami wrote:C'mon mods!!! No games, please!!! D:
The mods have little, if any say in the matter. This is an admin thing.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
Ookami
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ookami »

Let me refrase that then:

C'mon admins!!! No games, please!!! D:
TO RP BUDDIES: If I haven't posted in your RP, don't freak, because I've been to busy lately to do much of any posting at all... :sweat: Image Image Image
Eboli
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Eboli »

oops..so sorry..fail post
tjrwls1qjs
CreaturesTrade

Post by tjrwls1qjs »

Edit by Mod: No spam.

님들안녕하세요
Kohaku
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kohaku »

I voted yes but only for quests, and here is why:
I definitely do not want magistream to turn into gaia. General flashgames would take away a lot from the site, and I would probably come here much less if at all, especially if they were to earn gold. I think the unique way this site is set up is part of what makes it fun for me, and the addition of general flashgames would take much of that away.

I do not, however, think they would be so terrible on quests. If they were relevant, not impossible but not incredibly childish, (a difficult thing to ask, I know, but still I think important) they could be a fun addition to some quests. I wouldn't like them in every quest, though. then quests would just be minigames.

I hope that makes sense. anyway, that's my two cents on the subject.

<3

ImageImageImage
TxCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TxCat »

I'm on the fence about this. I think that games in general are a good idea, but I'm not certain that flash games are the best way to go. For those of us with older computers and slower connections, it might well make the site unusable. There are also copyrights to think about: inventing games from scratch is hard and any of the brand name companies are going to want money for a license. They may also want input as to what goes on the site, and we don't really need that!

On the other hand it would be nice to see some puzzles implemented as part of the quests. I'm really adverse to just adding games because we can; there are plenty of other sites like that and I think it would destroy a lot of the uniqueness this one has.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
ErrantMisty
CreaturesTrade

Post by ErrantMisty »

I voted no. When I first found this game it mentioned something about keep mining. I immedietly thought flash game. I didn't give the game a second thought as that was not what I was looking for. The artwork finally drove me back to take a closer look and found it wasn't a flash game at all but clicking on cute critters. YAY! So I joined. I don't think this site needs flash games. I believe based on my reactions that it will push the people who enjoy simple fun games away.

Under Construction. . .please don't mind our mess. ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Image Follow the itty bitty hydra to my Ambry!
Ookami
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ookami »

I know I've said this many times before, but I wouldn't even want them with the quests. And know I have 10 good reasons (that are in no order) to back my opinion!

Reasons:
Spoiler
1. People can play games on any site. Let them open a new tab and play games that way.
2. Do we REALLY want MS to become like Gaia, Neopets, or even Webkinz?
3. I like MS as a forum site, with lots of writing and creativity, rather than stupid time-waster games that are everywhere.
4. I personally think it would kill the forum. A lot of users would start to log on and just play games, and neglect the roleplays and such. That would really suck.
5. I don't want to play through games in the quests, mostly because it would take me forever to get past them.
6. If the games were for gold, then gold would be too easy to get, and that brings me back to the forum dying and this place turning into Neopets.
7. It would mess up the theme of the site. Flashgames have nothing to do with stream critters and forums.
8. It wouldn't look good. Like ErrantMisty said, some people might not even join if they think/know there are flashgames.
9. Do you have any idea how many hundreds of threads there would be in the popsicle stand asking for advice on beating the games? Pages and pages and pages...
10. No, just no.
dinohorse1120
CreaturesTrade
Location: Sitting infront of Stephenie Meyer's house, protesting her.

Post by dinohorse1120 »

I voted yes.

1. It would be a fun little distraction while I'm waiting for a comment or PM
2. They wouldn't have to be for gold, they could just be for fun
3. They would be hidden away in the main bar along with the map and such, so anyone who doesn't want to look at 'em doesn't.
4. If someone doesn't come to a site because a couple flash games, they don't want to be on the site. THe flash games aren't going to take it over.
Image Rannoch guards the young ones of my Keep
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Site News”