Phoenix Flames

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Snow
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Phoenix Flames

Post by Snow »

((Short story. Decided to enter it. For no apparent reason. ._.))

Have you ever wondered why the phoenixes are flaming birds, resistant to their own death wish, and able to let others ride on them without being burned? You must be thinking, 'oh, this must have been a gift for them!' But this is not true. Phoenix flames are their curse.

Once, a young crow was flitting among the branches of a mystical forest, unknowing of the danger the place possessed. The crow was simply minding its own business; what was the harm in that?

Well, there was more harm than you think. Since the forest was magical, all otherworldly creatures were prohibited. Now, if the crow was a dove, perhaps it would be let go. But no, not this bird, with craggy feathers, sticking out from the body like daggers. A great god brought himself upon the bird.

"You, have trespassed this forest! All hideous animals are not allowed in a place like this!" the god called in a booming voice.

"Forgive me, great god, but I had no idea that this was a magical forest," the crow said kindly. "I was just flying through, minding my own business and looking for a place to nest..."

"That does not concern me! Your presence is the definition of unholy! I shall rid the world of you!" The god roared, sending a flaming red orb at the crow. Yet, for some reason, the crow was not burned. Outraged, the god hurled more balls of fire at the petrified bird, who was not hurt but instead grew bigger with the fire. Eventually, the crow's fireproof self could not take it any longer. The now giant crow burst into flames, making it shriek, the horrifying sound echoing over the forest.

The once completely kind crow was enraged. It spread its mighty flaming wings and screeched in defiance at the god. The god only stared in amazement of what he had done, to make this beautiful yet dangerous creature. "Tell me, crow, what is your name?"

"Why should I tell you? You're the one putting me through all of this PAIN! Do not let me die in pain, and I shall tell you!" the crow screeched.

"Very well, crow. But all mystical creatures die in the way that they are born. You were born in pain, and if you wish not to die in pain, you must live forever. You will be immortal should you not be slayed, and you shall reincarnate. Now, tell me your name!"

The crow felt the pain draining away, then disgruntled, pondered whether or not immortality was good. It pushed it away. "My name is Phoenix!" the crow screamed, flapping her way to the skies, no sign of smoke following her flames, which licked the sky.

"Very well... your kind shall be called... phoenix. And your kind... will be engulfed, with phoenix flames."
*-_ ... _-*
Nyte Scythe
CreaturesTrade

Re: Phoenix Flames

Post by Nyte Scythe »

this is great! :D
WinterRaven
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by WinterRaven »

Love it, love it, love it!
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

I like it. I am compiling a list with my favorite entries, and this one made it on there.

Edit: Don't expect too much though, as I entered I don't expect to have much say in which stories will be chosen.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
helsinkivampiress
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by helsinkivampiress »

Aw, I like crows. lol But this was a great story :t-^_^:
Snow
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Snow »

Looks like short little stories with random characters make all things better. :t-^_^:
*-_ ... _-*

Return to “Legend Contest”