My entry!

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Guenhwyvar7373
CreaturesTrade

My entry!

Post by Guenhwyvar7373 »

Lawl, this is a horrible story. I just thought I'd do this for fun, so here...

The Watchers in the Stars.

Long ago, the sky was black as obsidian, and without stars, moon or sun. The creatures on land and air and sea dreamed of the world, as is the way of imagination, and their hopes and dreams flew to the Creators and plagued them day and night. The Creators were in the form of creatures, one for each gender in each species. As the imaginations of the creatures they had created began to distract them, the Creators came together in a council on the highest of mountains to decide what to do.
“We must stop them from dreaming,” suggested the Void Dragon. “Prevent the source.”
“We cannot stop them,” replied the Temple Cat. “It is not our way- we are Creators, not Destructors. Perhaps we can find another outlet for their dreams? The ether is holding them in, and perhaps if we puncture the ether we will free their dreams.”
The council agreed this was a wise course, and the Creators set about trying to make holes in the ether. The Direwolf and the Leviathans began making small holes, pinpricks, but they were too small to allow many dreams to escape. They became the stars.
The Temple Cat breathed on the ether, and it melted and curled away, but this gate was cold and hard to pass through. It became the moon.
Finally, the Celestial Dragon ripped a hole, and breathed fire to melt it. But this hole was large- large enough to pull all the dreams through, and still hunger for more. It pulled the Creators through, too, and then shut to become the Sun.
Now the Creators were lost in the ether, but the dreams of the creatures on Earth multiplied a thousandfold when they saw the stars, moon and sun, and they believed the Creators were still watching, the Watchers in the Stars. And they believe to this day.
Friends don't let friends drink and derive.
[ I'm very sorry. ]

Image Image ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Legend Contest”