The Beginning of the Stream - (My Competition Entry)

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
LKyuubi
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

The Beginning of the Stream - (My Competition Entry)

Post by LKyuubi »

Well, here is my story. It is quite long, and probably not as good as the others on here, but I'll give it a try. Please post here any typos that you have found. ^_^

The Beginning of the Stream

There was once a man, not recognized by any name, who decided to roam the world in search of things new. He never knew that he would create a wonderful place from this adventure.

This man lived in a pleasant place, not too far from a lake. He loved that lake. He loved this lake because when he first moved here, he found a beautiful egg. To him, it had a scaly texture to it.
But there were many of these radiant eggs in the deep lake.
He did not know what to make of these eggs.
He soon figured the source of the eggs, when one day, he had seen a fish.
Well, of course not just one fish, but hundreds of fish!
They seemed to be just Koi fish, until the man figured otherwise.
The man had fallen into the lake from the tree above it.
He knew how to swim, but he had fallen in head first, and had plunged into the depths of the lake quickly.
He was sure that he would run out of air soon, but he never did.
He could breathe underwater! He knew that this was not his own work, but the Koi’s work!
The Koi must have some sort of magical quality to it!
The man quickly swam out of the lake and into his house to grab his journal.
He jotted down notes and scribbled sketches about the Koi, hoping to share them with someone.

The man, after collecting his food and supplies, set off on his journey to explore the world.
He had made containment boxes, to put any other strange eggs, should he find any.
He had already collected many Koi eggs from the lake.
Off to the west, where mountains rise, and new creatures waiting to be discovered.

The man, while traversing the mountain paths, came across a small egg.
This egg, as he had noticed, had a single tiny horn that spiraled around the egg.
He put this small egg in a containment box, and jotted notes and sketches of the egg, before moving on.
He had discovered many of these eggs through the mountains, and had even discovered another strange creature.
This creature, which looked like a large mountain goat, had giant curved horns and was found eating the tough grass that grew easily around the mountains.
When the man saw this creature, he quickly grabbed the journal, and begun to write.
He wondered if the creature would flee before he could draw it, but the creature seemed to stay where it was eating.

Up higher in the mountains, the man came upon a nest.
In this area, there were many nests filled with eggs, but fierce winged beasts protecting them.
He knew that these Gryphons would not allow him to just take one from them.
The many-colored Gryphons had observed him for what seemed like hours to the man.
Finally, one Gryphon signaled the man to follow him, and the man followed.
The Gryphon led the man to a nest where there was many eggs for him to have.
The man kindly thanked the Gryphons, and put the eggs into the containment boxes, then sketched and took notes of the Gryphons.

Even further throughout the mountains, the man encountered many marvelous creatures!
Like jewel encrusted dragons, on which there were limited eggs.
Also, a flaming bird of beauty!
But with them, there were plentiful eggs!
As were the beautiful Pegasus eggs!
Along with that, there were dazzling dragons, which seemed like there would be an end with their eggs soon.

While finishing his journey through the mountains, the man was seemingly lost in a thick forest.
He knew not how to get through this maze of a forest, but felt at ease when a beautiful cat seemed to have appeared out of nowhere with a bag in its small mouth.
It walked up to the man, and dropped the bag in front of him, with an immediate reaction of him picking the bag up from the ground.
Inside the bag were what seemed to be eggs with small tails that have escaped from the egg.
He quietly and calmly sketched the beautiful cat and the eggs, along with a description beside them.
When the man had looked up from his journal, the feline had disappeared from sight.
He slightly pondered on where the cat had come from, and where it had returned to.
Throughout the forest, he ran into two different Unicorns and the eggs that they were protecting.
The Unicorns seemed to have trusted him, and let him do what he normally did.

When finally figuring out his way throughout the forest, he came upon an Inn.
An Inn, with an owner named Remy.
The man became friends with Remy, and told Remy about all of his adventures thus far.
Remy had an ecstatic look upon his face when the man told him that, for you see, Remy had come across strange creatures as well!
He showed the man some of the eggs he had brought back, and his sketches and descriptions of them.
A Blue Flamed egg, which were accompanied by Phoenixes of Ice.
A Heavy Brown egg with a paw print marked on it. Egg was discovered with a pack of strong and powerful Direwolves.
A Translucent Blue egg, found with giant water beasts called Leviathans.
And finally, a Cold Murky egg, with a horn pierced through it. Dangerously obtained, surrounded by Narwhals.

I had soon left Remy’s Inn after another good night’s rest.
But miles away from Remy’s Inn that I have traveled, he encountered a beast like no other.
A Manticore.
A lion-built torso, with powerful webbed bat-like wings that can keep the giant beast in flight.
He followed this beast while drawing it, as well as describing it.
He waited until the Manticore walked away from the nest that the man had followed it to.
As soon as it was gone, the man wrote and drew every detail of the strange eggs.

He eventually escaped the Jungle, only to see the ocean stretch out before him.
The man had found a boat sitting on the shore.
With no owner in sight, he got in the boat and started rowing away.

Throughout the ocean waves, the man had encountered many beasts of terror.
Such as, more Leviathans, Narwhals, and even a Kraken!
As with most of the creatures that he had encountered, getting the eggs weren’t always an easy feat.

Many months since he first left for his adventures, the man came upon a beautiful stream.
He had reached a place that he had only ever read about.
So, with the eggs in their containment boxes, he climbed to the beginning of the stream, knowing what he would do next.
The man then released the eggs for them to go down the stream, for other people to obtain.
He wanted others to know the journey and happiness that these creatures had brought to him.
So, he then went into the nearby civilization and had his journal published for others to read.
The man became very popular among everyone, but then one day, the man had vanished.
No one knows what happened to the man.
Some just assumed that he went back to where he once lived, or that maybe he continued with his research and left.
Even after he was gone, many more began to appear, and did the same as him.
They collected eggs, but!
They went a step ahead of the man, and were able to get most of the creatures to put their own eggs into the stream.
And this, is how the Stream became what it is today.
Hello, please call me Kyuubi.~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Beginning of the Stream - (My Competition Entry)

Post by nightbug08 »

Oh that's a very good story :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

<3 Thank You for the Christmas Presents <3

Stones crack, and Hanging Gardens rot. 'Tis only change that changes not.
There's one enduring truth to learn: That things will change.
The wheel will turn.
LKyuubi
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Beginning of the Stream - (My Competition Entry)

Post by LKyuubi »

Thank you very much!
I enjoyed your story as well. ^_^
Hello, please call me Kyuubi.~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Legend Contest”