How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by crazyflight »

i really really want to just completely drop work and social life for a solid week and just do nothing but play super mario galaxy or an old pokémon game... is that too much to ask? >.<
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
auctioning off an alt cypheles crystalwing for parentless rewin dragons
<3 <3 <3
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Went to a play tonight, and had a great deal of fun. I feel like I would've had more fun if my seatmate hadn't managed to accidentally fill my shoes with coffee right before the curtain went up

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Merkwerkee wrote: March 17th, 2024, 1:35:05 am Went to a play tonight, and had a great deal of fun. I feel like I would've had more fun if my seatmate hadn't managed to accidentally fill my shoes with coffee right before the curtain went up
Oh, no! Ahh, that would have been so uncomfortable. Nothing worse than wet socks. I assume it was not hot at least.

What play was it?'

Black Market is back. Really wish the Mysterious Bag was cheaper. Also doesn't look like I care for any of the creatures. Oh well.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Yep, too expensive.. and it's got the new crafting stuff in it. Not wasting my gold on something I can get for free just for breeding. Crafting stuff should NOT be in the mystery bags at all, IMO.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Airasyraye wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:09:07 am
Merkwerkee wrote: March 17th, 2024, 1:35:05 am Went to a play tonight, and had a great deal of fun. I feel like I would've had more fun if my seatmate hadn't managed to accidentally fill my shoes with coffee right before the curtain went up
Oh, no! Ahh, that would have been so uncomfortable. Nothing worse than wet socks. I assume it was not hot at least.

What play was it?
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). And fortunately I was in sandals but it still made my feet cold

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 17th, 2024, 9:56:56 am Yep, too expensive.. and it's got the new crafting stuff in it. Not wasting my gold on something I can get for free just for breeding. Crafting stuff should NOT be in the mystery bags at all, IMO.
Hard agree. I really dislike free items showing up in a thing that's specific to give folks stuff they can't get elsewhere, or are really hard to get. That just comes off as forced gold loss to me. I know there's a hopeful economy fix coming up, but still.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Airasyraye wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:31:31 pm
CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 17th, 2024, 9:56:56 am Yep, too expensive.. and it's got the new crafting stuff in it. Not wasting my gold on something I can get for free just for breeding. Crafting stuff should NOT be in the mystery bags at all, IMO.
Hard agree. I really dislike free items showing up in a thing that's specific to give folks stuff they can't get elsewhere, or are really hard to get. That just comes off as forced gold loss to me. I know there's a hopeful economy fix coming up, but still.
So, what would be the things you'd expect to appear in the Mystery bag? Only things that cannot be obtained by any other means (which, when it comes down to it, basically is everything that's in the bags)? Would you prefer to not get e.g., gender change potions from the bag either? :orly:

As the Black Market overall, and from the beginning, is more exclusive by its nature, the Mystery Bags' idea is to also give things that can be otherwise obtained, but take more time or effort, if gotten by other means. Those who prefer to spend gold instead of time can benefit from the bags giving those things.
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Rosehill wrote: March 17th, 2024, 3:15:27 pm
Airasyraye wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:31:31 pm
So, what would be the things you'd expect to appear in the Mystery bag? Only things that cannot be obtained by any other means (which, when it comes down to it, basically is everything that's in the bags)? Would you prefer to not get e.g., gender change potions from the bag either? :orly:

As the Black Market overall, and from the beginning, is more exclusive by its nature, the Mystery Bags' idea is to also give things that can be otherwise obtained, but take more time or effort, if gotten by other means. Those who prefer to spend gold instead of time can benefit from the bags giving those things.
I definitely benefitted from the items in the bags and spent way too much gold on them. :derp: :lol: But I was able to start of a new lineage with twins while I am still playing catch up everywhere else. And part of coming back to like 1200 more creatures than before makes it easier to not feel the need to collect every creature, so I was actually pretty relieved that none of the creatures in the shops were ones that peaked my interest this time.

I'm not sure that there is anything else I can think of for the bags right now - but I did end up playing an extra few hours last night because of the shop :derr:
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3
I'm 800 drinks in :well:

CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Rosehill wrote: March 17th, 2024, 3:15:27 pm So, what would be the things you'd expect to appear in the Mystery bag? Only things that cannot be obtained by any other means (which, when it comes down to it, basically is everything that's in the bags)? Would you prefer to not get e.g., gender change potions from the bag either? :orly:

Should be available in every mystery bag/box/whatever
Gender Change Potion - optional, since we can get this by breeding donec fish
Breeding Cooldown Potion - optional, since we can get this by breeding donec fish
Breeding Restoration Potion
Box of Chocolates
Fine Tuning Glass
Sun Shard
Moon Shard

Should be available near/at Valentine's Day
Plushie Starfish with a Heart
Dark Fudge with a Candied Black Rose
Lemon Saltwater Taffy
Caramel Nut Cluster
Swirled Milk and White Chocolate Treat

Should be available near/at Winter event
Gryphon Carving
Giant Snowflake
Pawprint Sapphire
Smoke Pearl

Should be available near/at Spring event
Chupacabra Cookie
Elephant Snail Cookie
Nulorn Cookie
Latifra Beast Cookie
Rabbitsune Cookie
Koi Fish Cookie
Puvia Cookie

Should be available near/at Halloween event
Pumpkin Carving Kit
Bone Venom
Poison Fang
Dusky Potion

Should be available near/at Harvest event
Orange Dried Corn
Purple Dried Corn

And the price of the bags needs to reflect the current gold issue, as in they need to be MUCH cheaper. 1,010 gold for only 1 item is ridiculous; we are supposedly living in a Keep FULL of magi, magical items should be in abundance.. not as rare as a Fabergé egg.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 17th, 2024, 4:13:08 pm
Rosehill wrote: March 17th, 2024, 3:15:27 pm So, what would be the things you'd expect to appear in the Mystery bag? Only things that cannot be obtained by any other means (which, when it comes down to it, basically is everything that's in the bags)? Would you prefer to not get e.g., gender change potions from the bag either? :orly:

Should be available in every mystery bag/box/whatever
Gender Change Potion - optional, since we can get this by breeding donec fish
Breeding Cooldown Potion - optional, since we can get this by breeding donec fish
Breeding Restoration Potion
Box of Chocolates
Fine Tuning Glass
Sun Shard
Moon Shard

Should be available near/at Valentine's Day
Plushie Starfish with a Heart
Dark Fudge with a Candied Black Rose
Lemon Saltwater Taffy
Caramel Nut Cluster
Swirled Milk and White Chocolate Treat

Should be available near/at Winter event
Gryphon Carving
Giant Snowflake
Pawprint Sapphire
Smoke Pearl

Should be available near/at Spring event
Chupacabra Cookie
Elephant Snail Cookie
Nulorn Cookie
Latifra Beast Cookie
Rabbitsune Cookie
Koi Fish Cookie
Puvia Cookie

Should be available near/at Halloween event
Pumpkin Carving Kit
Bone Venom
Poison Fang
Dusky Potion

Should be available near/at Harvest event
Orange Dried Corn
Purple Dried Corn

And the price of the bags needs to reflect the current gold issue, as in they need to be MUCH cheaper. 1,010 gold for only 1 item is ridiculous; we are supposedly living in a Keep FULL of magi, magical items should be in abundance.. not as rare as a Fabergé egg.
My question was specifically about the Black Market's bag, as in what would you expect to see there?

Many of the things you've listed have been and will be available by other means, that are not limited to the Black Market or don't rely on a chance-based mechanic like the bags.

Return to “Community Discussion”