How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by sammythethief »

Enchanteddil wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 12:51:50 am
Spoiler
For f***s sake, stop going to people's keeps and clicking hatchlings. Almost all the Arkai I kept for gifting are adults now.
I'm so angry right now :angry: :angry: :angry:
:t-hugs:
I've had this issue a lot lately, too. With trading only being able to take place from the main tab, some things have gotten clicked before I can stick them into trades. It's very frustrating; I put something in my signature, but it hasn't helped.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

MadameRed wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 8:09:48 am :t-hugs:
I've had this issue a lot lately, too. With trading only being able to take place from the main tab, some things have gotten clicked before I can stick them into trades. It's very frustrating; I put something in my signature, but it hasn't helped.
It's a good thing I had extra Arkai. I don't usually gift adults at CTC giveaway, unless the sprite comes in adult form. So it's extremely frustrating to come online and see most of them all grown up :sweat: :sweat:
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Honestly, I feel a bit bad about not having the time or resources to put into gifting for this event. It's been a hectic month and I didn't have time to prepare anything at all.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4MSQzlhJ2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jckLWc1ilEI

For all cat owners everywhere,enjoy :lol:
(cat-themed Christmas songs! :D)
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

I've been doing some reading and I am genuinely tempted to get some chickens for myself when I get back to my place. I finally have a yard big enough to house them, and I'm not interested in indoor pets right now. Plus eggs

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

TW/CW for pet death, surgery mention, grief, cancer.
Spoiler
Today is the one year anniversary of the tumour on Sora's spleen rupturing. I thought he'd maybe eaten something he shouldn't have in the yard and would need his stomach pumped. I'll never forget when the vet came in and told me "It's not good, blood is filling his abdomen". My world literally fell apart in that moment and truthfully, I still haven't pieced it back together. I've never been so terrified in my life, thinking that I was going to lose my boy that night when I opted for emergency surgery. I didn't, and I'm grateful for the extra three months I got with him.

The tumour just grew so quickly. I'd had him at the vet for his annual check-up in July, and they felt around his abdomen. They felt nothing out of the ordinary and he had no issues, so there would have been no reason to do an abdominal ultrasound. If I'd taken him for his check-up maybe three months later, they could have found it and removed it before it ruptured, which likely would have saved his life. I couldn't have known, though. The cancer develops so rapidly and oftentimes with no symptoms at all, that what happened to Sora is usually the case.

I just can't believe it's been a year. A year of living with this horrible ache in my entire body that hasn't left me for a moment. Radar helps, and stars above do I love this sweet boy more than life itself, but the way Sora left this world wasn't right. It gutted me and left me on the side of the road, and there is a yawning chasm inside of me that is still just as raw and painful as it was a year ago. I'm better at masking it, but it's not gotten any better, not really. Maybe I'll look into therapy for next year, because I'm not handling it well at all. Sora was my light in the dark and the best part of my day, every day. Some days, on my way home from work, I still catch myself thinking about how nice it'll be to go home and bury my face in his fur - and then I realize that I can't.

No wonder I'm so tired all the time. Pretty sure my grief and my anger, combined with dealing with the public at work, completely sap me of my mental bandwidth and leave me completely hollow. I wish I could go back in time to last November and just give myself a warning. I know I'd take it seriously, because all I ever think about is my dogs' mortality, even Radar's, and he's not even a year old yet. I keep hoping that I'll wake up in the past and this will all have been a horrible nightmare, but I've not been lucky yet. T_T
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
KallenTu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by KallenTu »

Ho ho, it's that time of the year.

It's been a really warm winter and skiing has been less than subpar.
Silenxia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silenxia »

After a month and a half of practicing, yesterday the kids in my class had their holiday program. They actually did a brilliant job. Nobody cried this time, though a few did get up and wandered around. We definitely had three kids who were really going at it and it was adorable!

I just can't believe that Christmas is now upon us. Like where did the month go? It seems slow at first, then suddenly starts spending up and then it's over before you know it. Well, here's hoping for next year to be...decent.

And I am still very pleased about the Holiday, Holly Bats on here. Approved 110%!
The Wishlist in my profile is outdated (I can't quite figure out how to edit it now, so many of the creatures there have already been obtained).

Gift ideas: I am looking for event creatures now, but most anything will go. Thank you to everyone who has helped me achieve my Crystalwing goals.

ImageImageImageImage
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

I've got mixed feelings about the holiday. I am loving the online games and critters, and it will be nice to be off of work. I am planning on keeping my traditions for the holiday too.

But, spending it without my parents will be so hard. I miss them so much.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
AmenoSakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by AmenoSakura »

I'm super glad it rained here yesterday. <3 But I'm not so enthused about today. Today marks 3 years since my older brother passed away during the pandemic.
Image Ameno Sakura. Nonbinary. Asexual. Panromantic. Greymuzzle.
Furry - Gamer - Artist - Writer
ImageImageImageImageImage I have the same username on Discord, ToyHou.se, Twitter and BlueSky. Image

Return to “Community Discussion”