How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Dancingstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Dancingstar »

the most on brand thing ive ever done was back in the 4th grade when i got a book from my schools library, and then returned it the next day. the librarian was all like "did you not like it?" and i was like "no, i finished it"
Image[
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PKGriffin »

FennecFyre wrote:Spoilering for current events talk and me being my usual cynical self.
Spoiler
Ultimately it didn't really matter what the verdict was. He's not guilty enough for the mob to be satisfied unless he's publicly crucified, and there's still probably going to be riots anyway. From which side, I dunno. I can't bring myself to feel anything more than giddy nihilism nowdays.
Spoiler
I can't speak for others, but I don't think people affected by police brutality are angry because they want him to be punished more severely. Rather, it's that they're frustrated -- understandably -- that one conviction is not going to prevent this from happening in the future. Getting a conviction of a cop in a police brutality case is rare, and the dehumanization of the victim during the trial is a bitter reminder for a lot of Black people of how the US historically has and continues to mistreat them as a group.
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

PKGriffin wrote:
FennecFyre wrote:Spoilering for current events talk and me being my usual cynical self.
Spoiler
Ultimately it didn't really matter what the verdict was. He's not guilty enough for the mob to be satisfied unless he's publicly crucified, and there's still probably going to be riots anyway. From which side, I dunno. I can't bring myself to feel anything more than giddy nihilism nowdays.
Spoiler
I can't speak for others, but I don't think people affected by police brutality are angry because they want him to be punished more severely. Rather, it's that they're frustrated -- understandably -- that one conviction is not going to prevent this from happening in the future. Getting a conviction of a cop in a police brutality case is rare, and the dehumanization of the victim during the trial is a bitter reminder for a lot of Black people of how the US historically has and continues to mistreat them as a group.
Spoiler
i agree. i'd take it a step further to say that i worry that the fact that he was found guilty will lead some moderates and liberals to proclaim that the system works, when it reality it is deeply, deeply broken. yet chauvin could almost in a sense serve as a sacrificial lamb, the example of the cop who was found guilty for murdering an unarmed civilian while hundreds of cops still continue their work. they killed a 15-year-old girl in columbus earlier this week. ma'khia bryant.

so yeah, there should still be protests until there's actual systemic change that begins to yield tangible results. i personally believe in police and prison abolition, and am more than happy to discuss it further (maybe in the hall of speakers), but i truly don't think it's fair to say that there's this "mob" that just wants to riot no matter what. i participated in the protests this summer. we're angry and hurting and want to agitate so that something changes and people's lives are improved, and so black americans don't have to live in fear that getting pulled over for any reason might lead to them dying at the hands of another cop.

sorry, got a little passionate there. :sweat:
ImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
<3 <3 <3
happy pride!
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Got my 20 Ruby Tzunun Mouse, now hatchling the 20 Perytons. I still need 20 Bears and 20 Nightshade Hearthhounds. I don't think I will be able to hatch fast enough to get them. Have the gold, slow hatching D: D:
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Got my appointments for my vaccine! :woo: Going in on Monday to get my first dose.
Spoiler
Also my mom and brother talked things out after what happened the other day. I'm happy for that. :t-:)
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jessk
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by jessk »

SirChicken wrote:Got my appointments for my vaccine! :woo: Going in on Monday to get my first dose.
Spoiler
Also my mom and brother talked things out after what happened the other day. I'm happy for that. :t-:)
yay on both counts!
Sharl
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sharl »

jessk wrote:
SirChicken wrote:Got my appointments for my vaccine! :woo: Going in on Monday to get my first dose.
Spoiler
yay on both counts!
got my second dose yesterday, feel like death today. Still better than getting Rona
http://magistream.com/user/Sharl
From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen
As others saw—I could not bring
My passions from a common spring—
Edgar Allan Poe, 'Alone'

Auriene
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Auriene »

Migraine day - thankfully, it's over... Need to rest :t-sleep:

Good things come to those who click! :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

25/25 gifts - thank you so much! <3
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

Sharl wrote:
jessk wrote:
Spoiler
yay on both counts!
got my second dose yesterday, feel like death today. Still better than getting Rona
in the same boat right now... moderna really hit hard. i’ve just been in bed watching naruto all day lmao
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
<3 <3 <3
happy pride!
jessk
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by jessk »

I'm finally feeling fully myself again after my 2nd vaccine last weekend. Counting down the days until I get to (visit and) hug my family again.

Return to “Community Discussion”