How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
MoonandDew
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by MoonandDew »

i just logged onto my account for the first time in like a year or so the other day.

my day's been pretty good, school just stared up again so thats a pain.
I LOVE cats!! Feel free to send me unwanted cats for my cat army!!

I want more Ice Kitsunes!! Always!!
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

HiddenMystic wrote:
Ayakashi wrote:
LokiWolfbane wrote:gonna be off for a week so trying to get eggs hatched before I do.
Welp, that's three of five hatched for you. ^_^
Make that 4 of 5...only the pumpkin wyrm left :angel: :bounce:
And hatched
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

HobbitFeet wrote:
Soleil wrote:Well, I really didn't want to shave my hair off completely. I've been pretty sick and my body is freaking out over it so my hair started falling out. It was getting extremely noticeable, so I had it cut to what should have been a cute side-shaved pixie, but the girl messed up and I just ended up shaving it all off.
What a shitter :c I hope you're doing all right.
I wouldn't say all right, but I'm okay. Right now whatever this business is, it's really messing with my depression. I cried all day Saturday, went to a bday that night, then came home and cried more. I have a few more appointments this month, so I'm very much hoping to have a diagnosis by the end of the month.
HiddenMystic wrote:I had a friend a few years ago that lost her hair (and ultimately her battle) from chemo for breast cancer. She had the best comeback I've ever heard - used to be a few hateful bitches that lived in our apartment complex that thought it was okay to blow her shit because of her hair loss.

She listened to them for about 2 weeks then one day when they started in she turned around and told them "God only made so many perfect heads - the rest he covered with hair". Their jaws dropped but they never bothered her again and I will never forget that phrase.

RIP Judy my dear friend. <3
That's a great comeback! I've just decided it's not worth my time, breath, or energy to tell people to fuck off no matter how much I want to. Let them think what they want. Meh.
LokiWolfbane
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by LokiWolfbane »

Thank you all for the help. I'll be back on on the 13. Hopefully.

LTB Huge List
LTS Thread
Gold Mining Welcome
--/25 presents
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

This is going to just come off as rude, but...

When you call the customer service of a place, stick to short sentences and get to the point. Let them ask you for info to answer your question, don't volunteer stuff, don't keep adding details, and for the love of all that is Holy, stfu about your personal experiences. Literally no one gives a damn if you bought a new car or your ex is a cunt. If it's something that has to do with the experience of the business and/or something really tragic that you just have to get off your chest, okay, I can listen and commiserate, I have no problem with that, but, here's an example of a call I just had today:

Me: "I'd be happy to give you instructions on how to get your claim check endorsed by the bank. Please tell me the amount of the check."
Customer: "Well, the total amt of the claim you got is $22k, you had a $10k check before and this one is $11k. Really, the whole claim is $24k, because I had to pay [deductible] in the end. [Goes on to say what he did with the previous check.]"
Me: "Okay, so, because you total claim exceeds $20k, we now need the adjuster's report. That is--"
Customer: "I don't know what that is. I have [proceeds to name several different documents] and none says adjuster's anything."
Me: "I understand, sir. The adjuster's report is a document that details all the damages of your property that came from your insurance company."
Customer: [repeats all the docs he has] But this one you said was the adjuster's report?"
Me: "Yes, that's it. Please include that with the check. [Starts to give address.]"
Customer: "I had done this before, but forgot where I'm supposed to send it."
Me: "Yes, sir, I'm giving you the address now. [Gives address in full this time.]"
Customer: "Thanks, that's all I needed."
Me: "No further questions I can answer?"

In the above scenario, a call which took 10 minutes could have taken 3 minutes. This also is a relatively minor example, but therefore one of the easiest to explain the issue with. Folks, unless something is really confusing you, angering you, or is a complicated situation, calls shouldn't take long. Think of customer service like fast food. Order, make sure it's right, get out. Extraneous details, life stories, and being unprepared just hold up the line. I DO care. But I care about the situation at hand, not your personal life or mine or how much you hate someone who doesn't have anything to do with me or my business. I've had people tell me why their marriage fell apart, what they did on vacation, why they don't patronize a particular contractor anymore, their health problems, their political views, and at least one guy trying to get me to say women suck as totes a joke. I will do the right thing because I have work ethic, but you act like this and its no wonder things happen to not go smoothly for you because you pissed off the c/s rep or because you got both of us distracted and one or the other of us ended up forgetting something important because of a 20 minute tangent on your foot fungus (yes, we had a call about foot fungus once).

If your dad just died and you need a moment, I will sit for an hour until you can continue, I'm fine with that and I'm sorry. But I am not fine with people trying to find someone to sympathize with their traffic ticket or get into a discussion on Trump vs Obama or a captive ear for you to say how much your ex stole from you two years ago.

And biggest tip of the day: have what you're calling about in hand along with a means to write down info and be the person who is the actual customer. Stop calling while driving, stop calling for a process when you don't have the document/check/letter in hand, stop calling when you don't own said product/service yourself. I don't care you're John Doe's mother or Jane Doe's husband who pays the bills but isn't on the mortgage. Unless your name is on the bill, you don't matter, sorry to say.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

pegasi1978 wrote: Have you honestly played 76 or are you parroting vloggers from YouTube and the like. If you play, how (PC or console)?

My husband has played since beta on PS4. I've watched the entire time and seen so many of the people ripping on the game have never played it. They decided to be mad on principle. If you haven't played it you have no right to complain in my opinion.

Is the game perfect? No, what game is? Is the game broken? Not on console because cheaters can't hack like PC. He has so many friends that are like of you ought to play (any) games on PC. But seeing all the shit that has been broken intentionally by hackers makes me glad he doesn't. Plus playing on console he doesn't have to upgrade every few months to keep playing. New playstation consoles run on around a seven year cycle, and then you can still get things for the old console after that.
Just here to point out the obvious hypocrisy of defending a game that you freely and foremost admit you have not played and thus have no first-hand experience with - in the same breath you use to condemn people for not having played the agame - which is an assumption on your part.

Instead of parroting your husband's opinion (while accusing others of being parrots), why not play the game yourself? Or maybe just admit that people like what they like and not every game is for everyone? :(

And before anyone can accuse me of being mean -- I still play Morrowind. I've played it on X-Box and PC. That game is a disaster when it's Un-Patched (and even patched it's infuriating and buggy and unbalanced as hell) but damn it all if something didn't just click with me. I know it's not for everyone and has it's problems, but it's my buggy brand of crap and I love it.

But I wont fault the folk who don't like it or insist that they play it for 25 years, as I have, before they "qualify" to have an opinion. People like what they like and dont like what they dont and that's perfectly fine and beyond that, even games we do like can have bugs and faults that are just too much and drive our patience too far.

Fallout in particular is destroying the company that built Morrowind. And that is not an exaggeration. The amount of Loot Boxing and Pay to Win in Fallout is legendary and pissing people off. Not to mention it's turning away people who were previously die-hard fans. From everything I have seen, most of the "parroting" - as you call it, - is coming from people who previously absolutely loved this series and are feeling betrayed and hurt by the game they love.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

Uhh, anyhow, on the topic of games, I'm emulating Pokemon HeartGold and I missed it more than I thought. I've got a full team already, almost, and I'm just past the second gym. Lots of fun. I'd be replaying Black 2 or Platinum, but I've played them too much to really get anything from them lol. I've only truly played all of HGSS once, and I'mma change that.

Johto isn't necessarily my favourite region, but it's got some of my favourite places and lore.

Not gonna get into the nonsense above me aside from mentioning that saying "you haven't played it, therefore you have no right to an opinion" is like saying "you're not a chef, so you can't critique this food". Thought we were past that kind of nonsense, the only people we should hold to that standard are professional reviewers.

I don't need to play Fallout 76 to know it's a scummy sham from a company who needs to be held accountable and has been needing this backlash since Skyrim, and that 76 embodies everything that's wrong about the gaming industry. I don't care if you like it or not, that's fine, my issue is with the nasty, shady business tactics.

Also imagine defending Bethesda at all. Lol.
they/them collectively - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - art's poetry - free creatures - ltb sept. 22nd creatures
We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
Alex manages sales, giveaways, Reindeer Games, and most messages. We do our best to return clicks.
ImageImageImageImageImage
... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? 🔥⚔️
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Fallout started out strong with some great concepts and a unique setup for the lore that they were building. Retrofuturism and Retro-Apocalypse as social commentary is a hell of an idea. I can completely understand why some fans are willing to stick with it, even through this. And I do understand why so many are upset and feel betrayed.

But yeah. Watching what it has become and how thoroughly they are turning on their own fans is .... painful. Morrowind and Skyrim (we try not to mention Oblivion except for referencing lore, it was that far broken) have their problems, but not like Fallout. Some of the modders from Morrowind actually got hired by Bethesda - people behind projects like If Wishes Were Horses or Morrowind Comes Alive - were actually given jobs and ended up working on Skyrim. It's always been a very mutual relationship between fans and staff.

So to see the turn around with Fallout is just damn.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

Wow, look at all these folks defending my and their rights to not play a game and arguing with critical nuance and eloquently made points, I know the perfect way to elevate the intellectual level even further.

Warning: mild cursing

I can't beat the Todd Howard musical number with the dancing Ulfric but that won't stop me from meming.
25/25 thank you so much
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

Spoiler
Know-it-Alls really get under my skin. Not the people helpfully adding commentary with information, but people who butt in where they're not invited and rudely insert what they feel is info. I don't get what they gain from this aside from arrogant satisfaction :c chill-out and work on people skills if you think you're so helpful.

Makes being on Tumblr frustrating.
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆

Return to “Community Discussion”