June Donation pets Tanglewyrms

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

June Donation pets Tanglewyrms

Post by BBkat »

So I totally forgot about these coming lol

Nacreous Tanglewyrm
This iridescent blue egg has a winding tail wrapped around it.

Spoiler
Even one young tanglewyrm is a handful to take care of wriggling free of any non-magical confines. They can slip through any space they can fit their heads into, which means that even a fairly large wyrm can get into narrow cracks and mouse holes. They can often be heard scuttling through the Keep's walls after the resident pests, eventually exiting into a room of unsuspecting students or teachers. The wyrms are quite smart and can be easily trained to leave other creatures alone, but they grow bored quickly and will soon find other ways to get into trouble. Even as they grow older, they retain a propensity for mischief, often stealing jewelry to add to their growing hoards.
Spoiler
Like many dragons, drakes, and other wyrms, tanglewyrms use hoards of treasure to build their nests. They tend to be more finicky than most, collecting thousands of shells, pearls, gems, stones, and other decorations which they pile in front of their nests. Once they have collected enough material, the wyrms will go through and select the pieces they like best, arranging these carefully in the caves they call home, then bury the rest in a garbage pit. In places where these wyrms have lived for many generations, a visitor can reach a hand into the soil and pull out a handful of valuables. Treasure hunters seek out tanglewyrm nests for this very reason, looking not for the nests themselves, but trash pits of discarded gems. The wyrms are surprisingly capable of hiding themselves away, though, so it takes a lot of work to find them. Even then, many magi warn people to keep their distance; the wyrms care little about their tailings, but they will viciously defend their nests from any intruder
Spoiler
Tanglewyrms continue to grow throughout their lives, like many reptiles, though they do so slowly after their first few years. Ancient tanglewyrms are said to have grown large enough to wrap around mountains and stretch the entire length of rivers, though no one in recent memory has ever seen one longer than sixty feet or so. While such sizes sound impressive, the creatures themselves are thin, serpentine things, so even the largest tanglewyrms can rest their heads comfortably on a magi's lap. Tanglewyrms are highly active, always on the move save for their brief stops to warm themselves on sun-warmed rocks. Although mostly terrestrial, their affinity for aquatic treasures like shells and their capable swimming abilities are clear ties to their closest relatives: the pearl wyrms.
Aulon Tanglewyrm
This iridescent green egg has a winding tail wrapped around it.

Spoiler
Even one young tanglewyrm is a handful to take care of wriggling free of any non-magical confines. They can slip through any space they can fit their heads into, which means that even a fairly large wyrm can get into narrow cracks and mouse holes. They can often be heard scuttling through the Keep's walls after the resident pests, eventually exiting into a room of unsuspecting students or teachers. The wyrms are quite smart and can be easily trained to leave other creatures alone, but they grow bored quickly and will soon find other ways to get into trouble. Even as they grow older, they retain a propensity for mischief, often stealing jewelry to add to their growing hoards.
Spoiler
Like many dragons, drakes, and other wyrms, tanglewyrms use hoards of treasure to build their nests. They tend to be more finicky than most, collecting thousands of shells, pearls, gems, stones, and other decorations which they pile in front of their nests. Once they have collected enough material, the wyrms will go through and select the pieces they like best, arranging these carefully in the caves they call home, then bury the rest in a garbage pit. In places where these wyrms have lived for many generations, a visitor can reach a hand into the soil and pull out a handful of valuables. Treasure hunters seek out tanglewyrm nests for this very reason, looking not for the nests themselves, but trash pits of discarded gems. The wyrms are surprisingly capable of hiding themselves away, though, so it takes a lot of work to find them. Even then, many magi warn people to keep their distance; the wyrms care little about their tailings, but they will viciously defend their nests from any intruder
Spoiler
Tanglewyrms continue to grow throughout their lives, like many reptiles, though they do so slowly after their first few years. Ancient tanglewyrms are said to have grown large enough to wrap around mountains and stretch the entire length of rivers, though no one in recent memory has ever seen one longer than sixty feet or so. While such sizes sound impressive, the creatures themselves are thin, serpentine things, so even the largest tanglewyrms can rest their heads comfortably on a magi's lap. Tanglewyrms are highly active, always on the move save for their brief stops to warm themselves on sun-warmed rocks. Although mostly terrestrial, their affinity for aquatic treasures like shells and their capable swimming abilities are clear ties to their closest relatives: the pearl wyrms.
Sprites: Mysfytt
Description: PKGriffin
Last edited by BBkat on June 1st, 2019, 5:11:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Faleep
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: June Donation pets Tanglewyrms

Post by Faleep »

I hope these are cool cause they’re my birth month critters
creatures for sale in my sale tabs! Pm for prices
Selling Shards! 35k per shard! Pm me for more details
i collect/army SB Ammit hatchlings and SB Potootoes
my wishlist,
Shadowolf64
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shadowolf64 »

Wwyyyyyyrrrrmmmmsss!!! :well: Can’t wait to see what these look like!
To hatchling only: ImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist!
[LTT Date] Dark Umbral Fox!
Please check out my LTS thread!
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Hatchlings in the first post!
himehana
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by himehana »

The neck so long. The colors are lovely though.
Cats are a favorite but I'll be happy to accept anything you're willing to gift.
There is a wishlist on my profile if you want more specifics on what I'm looking for.

Please do not click on anything outside of the Main keep tab
Arkinine
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arkinine »

Oooh, these look great already! I can't wait to see the adults!

I get the feeling I'll be getting a Nacreous Tanglewyrm or two lol
Image~~Image
Zeteri
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zeteri »

AWW! The hatchlings! And Happy Early Birthday Faleep! :wave:
Clicks would be Appreciated
To Hatchling

Currently on a Hiatus. I get on to see messages and for Events. Image

Wishlist
Graveworm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Graveworm »

Adult ahoy!

Like many dragons, drakes, and other wyrms, tanglewyrms use hoards of treasure to build their nests. They tend to be more finicky than most, collecting thousands of shells, pearls, gems, stones, and other decorations which they pile in front of their nests. Once they have collected enough material, the wyrms will go through and select the pieces they like best, arranging these carefully in the caves they call home, then bury the rest in a garbage pit. In places where these wyrms have lived for many generations, a visitor can reach a hand into the soil and pull out a handful of valuables. Treasure hunters seek out tanglewyrm nests for this very reason, looking not for the nests themselves, but trash pits of discarded gems. The wyrms are surprisingly capable of hiding themselves away, though, so it takes a lot of work to find them. Even then, many magi warn people to keep their distance; the wyrms care little about their tailings, but they will viciously defend their nests from any intruder..
I really like these, can't wait to see the other one (it's growing SOOO slow)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sanax
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sanax »

Woooow these look so cool! I definitely like the hatchlings more so... definitely need at least one of each. ^.^
To hatchling only, please.
ImageImageImageImageImage

To adult, thank you. c:
None at the moment.
Zeteri
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zeteri »

Dang. I really love the hatchlings but I'm not a fan of the adults.
Clicks would be Appreciated
To Hatchling

Currently on a Hiatus. I get on to see messages and for Events. Image

Wishlist

Return to “Community Discussion”