Camelinid

A Damaged Beastiary
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Camelinid

Post by Ayakashi »

I know I can't win, but there are just some things I can't resist trying, and making hybrids is one of them.

A cross between the Xisitak and the Parabutids can result in a Camelinid.

Images coming soonish

Egg:
This egg is covered in strange hairs that easily break off, and make you itchy.

Hatchling:
This tiny spider has two very distinct features which make it quite terrifying. Large claws on it's front pair of legs, and very fierce looking mandibles. It prefers to stay in the shadows though, hiding under rocks, and your bed. Occasionally you find things in it's nest have disappeared, only to reappear a few hours later. The items are often covered in in the rough hairs from the hatchlings back.

Adult:
While Adult "Camel Spiders" are fearsome looking creatures, they are quite shy, and prefer quite places to make their nests. Their claws remain the size they were at the time of hatching, and their bodies grow quickly to catch up. While most consider them an unwelcome addition to the Keep, they have their uses. Most Magi use them to hide items of great importance like scrolls of powerful spells and valuable potions and ingredients.

While they are fearsome looking creatures "Camel Spiders" prefer avoidance over confrontation. Hiding in the shadows, and ambushing insects and small animals for food, depending on their size. Some "Camel Spiders" have been reported to grow as big as a Winged Cat, others tend to be as small as a Lunestre Dragon. The size of their claws at hatching determines their adult size. "Camel Spiders" are adept at hiding things using a type of camouflage magic only they can produce. No one is quite sure how they accomplish this, as the objects not only become invisible, but undetectable even by touch. Once something is hidden in a "Camel Spider" nest, it can only be removed by the "Camel Spider" or its Magi. Strangely enough, they cannot use this magic on themselves. Hatchlings have a very weak version of this ability and are often given less important items and toys to practice on. Instead, hatchlings use the irritating hairs that grow on their backs to keep stray hands from reaching into their nests as the hairs cause an instant itchy rash.

Just in case I don't get the pics done before the fifth:

The egg is the standard egg, but covered in coarse hairs.

The hatchling looks like a spider, but with an elongated and boulbous abdomen, covered in same hairs as egg. The cephalus is distinct with large mandibles, and the two front legs have very large claws and attach at the front of the thorax. Eight legs also are attached along the thorax. The mandibles and claws look out of proportion on the hatchling.

The adult looks a lot like the hatchling, except the abdomen is more flattened,a nd the head and claws are no longer out of proportion.

Pics:
Please don't judge me, I'm a sculpture artist, not a 2-D artist.
Spoiler
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D

Return to “February 2017 Monthly Contest”