Craft-an-Item
MSolara
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Ball of tricolour yarn

Post by MSolara »

Name: Ball of tricolour yarn.

Description: This black, white and brown ball is made out of the hair of multiple creatures, and its weird texture will not be useful for knitting a sweater... or anything nice, really. It reacts when one of your creatures approaches it, though.

Function:When touched by a Winged Cat, it turns his or her fur into calico.

My original idea was making the ball of yarn having a 100% success rate when applied to a female, but only a 10% when used on a male, thus making the boys more difficult to obtain. Calico cats are largely females (there's an estimated ratio of roughly 1 male per 3000 females), but I understand if that's a problem, and should be kept as a 100% for both genders. We already have male calico tienkos, after all!

-----

Will edit in a moment with more info.

Nothing too fancy, really... we are just lacking the most amazing cat colour for our winged buddies :haha:. A sprite recolour, maybe?
DC scroll.
Evergen Weyr: a Dragonrider's of Pern RP site :haha:
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Ball of tricolour yarn

Post by Danafox »

I will scream in the purest GLEE if this happens, my cats will all become Calicos and oh my gawd it will be glorious. I'm already squeeeeeeeeeeing just thinking about it.... :evil:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
TheEmbodimentOfKarma
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheEmbodimentOfKarma »

We already have swirled cats. Great idea, though. I like the female-male ratio, but what if there was only a 90% chance for the females, just to balance it out?
CG: THE WORST IS YET TO COME.
CG: FOR YOU.

MSolara
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MSolara »

Danafox wrote:I will scream in the purest GLEE if this happens, my cats will all become Calicos and oh my gawd it will be glorious. I'm already squeeeeeeeeeeing just thinking about it.... :evil:
Mine will probably become calis as well :haha: I love that pattern. Glad you liked the idea!
TheEmbodimentOfKarma wrote:We already have swirled cats. Great idea, though. I like the female-male ratio, but what if there was only a 90% chance for the females, just to balance it out?
Swirled resemble tabbies (tabby's?), though, not calicos. There are many kitty colours to exploit :D

As for the ratio... if it was up to me, I'd leave the 100% to 10% one. Female calicos are common, so I don't see why there should be a 'limitation' to them. If this ever makes it to the site (which I doubt after seeing some awesome entries), I think it should be up to the staff to decide that. I see some problems in limiting the males... some people will surely not be happy with that, plus it would be really easy to get a female calico and then swap her gender.

Unless you can somehow set the females so it's not possible to use the gender change potion on them... but I don't really know if that can be done, or if it's simple code-wise :derp:
DC scroll.
Evergen Weyr: a Dragonrider's of Pern RP site :haha:
braviary123
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by braviary123 »

Oh! I love this! I was just thinking about winged cat recolors. I hope this gets picked!

Return to “January 2016 Monthly Contest”