Christmas Gifting Event + Giftborn

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
SynthDetective
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Christmas Gifting Event + Giftborn

Post by SynthDetective »

I think I put up a lot of expensive things on my wishlist, however I also put up bred quest pets, especially Icists, Rose Imps and Wyverns, and under my tree I found lots of Icists, which was lovely.
Hey, chin up. I know the night just got darker, but it won't last forever.
~Nick Valentine
ImageImage
MysticDawn
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MysticDawn »

AssassinsCreed wrote:
NoxNoctis wrote:
CinnaminDraconna wrote:So no giftborn is a good thing. Maybe next time no one will send me stuff that isn't on my wishlist just to get the giftborn critter.
I can totally relate, I got several random Stream critters from anonymous gifters who just wanted to gift a lot and get rewarded for it ^^;;. Oh well. I don't really care, but next time think with your heart, guys!

It was a fun event, as always~ :bounce: I think it's very nice to have this giting stuff going on every year, it makes Christmas even more "christmassy" ^.^ ~ And I SO love the Vosmari tree!!

Now, off to the Thank You thread!
I belive they was thinking from their heart the first time they sent the gift to youSeriously,how ungreatful can you be? :srsly:
MAybe they just didnt wanted to get a pm saying "why did you send me something that isnt om my wishlist"pm from you or anyone else who didnt got exactly what they wanted.
Some of them are thinking of their hearts when they send those gifts. However, there are those who don't really think about it at all and just choose to send for the giftborn or whatever. :/ I don't really mind about it, but it could be annoying to others.
LucifersFallenAngel
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by LucifersFallenAngel »

im happy with my alphyns. hell someone got me a shopborn egg!! shopborn!. they spent their gold on me D: if thats not special then idk what is. i even got a sh saerilus cw which threw me off too. those have gotten expensive last i checked. im happy with my gifts.

i was a bit disappointed in no xmas gb. the past ones have been amazingly made i was excited to see what else there could be but eh. I'm not gonna let it spoil my xmas on here. tl was crappy enough. why make it the same way on here?
Don't okay here anymore..want some creatures look HERE
Sitamun
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sitamun »

I don't need a giftborn for sending gifts to others. I love gifting - and I don't sent gifts for getting a giftborn.
I'm happy with the nice pegassi and the lovely mice.
passionate
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by passionate »

I specifically posted in my wishlist "I'll be happy with whatever you send me." And I did mean it. But I also mean to point out that there are those who were gifting just to amass enough for the giftborn. In this respect, it's more about getting than giving, which isn't what the holidays are about IMO. I apologize if my opinion offends anyone but I have to be honest about how I feel. :sleep:
come on, virtual pets literally should not die. they're VIRTUAL pets

xanje referral: <3
?/25 gifts omg thank you!!!
Wishlist Thank you

They say what doesn't kill the soul will make it harder
but you can't be a stone-hearted man. Anthony Green

GrowlingCupcake
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by GrowlingCupcake »

randomname wrote:For some of those complaining about random critters--you get 25 gifts, if 5 are koi, what's the big deal? And folks who write "don't send me crap" in their wishlist posts get nothing from me at all. Even if they say it more nicely--I just passed them by. A lot of folks asked for wikken cats when they don't even breed yet! The selfishness of some of the wish list posts where magi ask for nothing but donis were as disheartening to me as getting something other than what you want was others. I also tended to skip over wishlists that asked for every creature on the site--I don't know what they really want. I asked for minicorns and nothing else, and 18 or 19 of my gifts were minicorns! I was thrilled!

A wishlist of 5 or 6 things is the way to go--when I encountered one of those, I did everything I could to find one of the critters on the list.
I have a pretty large wishlist but it can generally be summed up with "PURPLE!". There was ONE gift that wasn't on my wishlist, I believe.

My keep has so much lovely purple <3
Working on getting back into things after a forced hiatus.
LTS: Shards at 50k each.
Sanna92
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sanna92 »

I am happy with whatever was gifted to me and my list was short. Anything I missed in 2013 :P I tried to gift things on peoples wishlist. If I couldn't, I just passed them. I didn't want to gift something that was going to be released to sold so I looked for those I could gift :yarly:

I was actually nervous to gift, to be honest!
Do not use my keep to gold mine, please and thank you!
Wishlist:
Spoiler
New Event critters, owls, dragons, any Kelung, any giftborn/eventborn (bred is perfectly ok!), glass turtles, Aurora Whale, Asesina Orcae, Perfectly happy with lineaged critters as well~Thank you!
21/25 Thank you <3
SolarRush
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by SolarRush »

Personally, I think it's fun to try and get someone something on their wishlist.

But admittedly, I, too, pass over those who only ask for donis. Primarily because I've only started donating this month, and I don't have an unlimited amount of credit cash. That's not to say that I don't like gifting nice stuff for people--it's just a matter of how much cause I like to give a lot of presents all around instead of just a couple, ya know?

Luckily this year I could pass out some purebred, 1st gen hybrids thanks to another user's kindness when they were giving away the progenitors and I came into possession of them.

Those peeps who asked for a vetus usually got them because I'm fortunate enough to have some gold and could afford to do so--I think it was a great thing for them to be 1k because a lot of peeps could afford them and a lot of peeps like them. I tried to give out nice gifts to new users...Then they could think of this gifting event as something special :3

I guess it comes down to what the gift giver can afford and how much they think someone is deserving. Or, if they're just someone who likes to keep on giving uvu
mblansett2
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by mblansett2 »

lol I am sorry I just past gift out, i never check wishlist because I usually can't afford it, and I try hit newcomer with the giftborn offspring, or event hatchings I still have first. then past out the other for those been here longer, becuase i usually don't mine if they sell them becuase they know what they are worst and they can buy what they want then.
Spoiler
christmas gift 0 /25 for 2015
eggs and hatchling that need hatch that are mine eggs that need hatch for others to hatchling only ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Silverflame wrote:
Rewydew wrote:I'm just glad I was able to send out gifts to my friends of Magistream, and recieve some amazing gifts aswell. ^.^

But, I am quite curious. Does this also mean there won't be one for New Years, or Next Halloween or Christmas?
If there won't be, can't wait to see how many people will be mad lol. But thats their problem if they can't appreciate what they have.
To the best of my knowledge (and I could be wrong, I haven't been around from the beginning), Halloween this year was the first holiday GB we've had outside of Christmas. Which, in my mind, kind of makes up for not having a Christmas one? The New Year's Creatures are always stream, and usually the other holidays are either stream or shop.
We also sometimes get one for the Magi-versary.

Return to “Community Discussion”