Stream lag?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
cuteAkogara
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Stream lag?

Post by cuteAkogara »

That sounds totally unfair to people though. Getting reported for a sites glitch that wasn't our fault and if it leads to getting someone getting banned not only would the person getting banned bad mouth the whole site you guys would be losing out on any people who want to join. New comers thoughts would go to "They ban people for their sites glitches that's a little extream better stay away from there." I think that only haveing 4 eggs out of time being a rule needs to be clearly rethought because its one of those rules that don't really effect people playing the game I was also thinking maybe the mods can increase the limit of eggs you can catch to 8 or 6 for stream creatures instead of just increasing the limit of creatures for people who buy donation pets. Sounds fair. And please before anyone flips at me for speaking my mind make sure you judge yourself first and think "Is juding someone who thinks having "Only a 4 egg limit" really okay? She thinks the rule is a little too strict.....Should I be okay with that? is having more then 4 eggs really hurting other people? If not then maybe there should be some talk about increasing the egg limit like Akogara said." And I rest my case
Scorpio17
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Scorpio17 »

It is about a level playing field, if the egg limit was raised, it would be different then keeping and not freezing extra eggs you got from a glitch, the egg limit is not the problem here, rather, the fact people are keeping more eggs than other people are able to get, thereby giving them an unfair advantage over other players who are falling into line with the rules.
NOT allowing us to keep our extra eggs active levels the playing field for everyone, it makes things fair, especially when limited edition pets like easter pets are involved.
It is hardly fair if someone grabs 16 limited edition eggs out of the stream at a time while others are egglocked at 4 :)
In loving memory of Morse, my extraordinary protection dog and best friend for 9 years. Gone but not forgotten.
cuteAkogara
CreaturesTrade

Post by cuteAkogara »

Scorpio17 wrote:It is about a level playing field, if the egg limit was raised, it would be different then keeping and not freezing extra eggs you got from a glitch, the egg limit is not the problem here, rather, the fact people are keeping more eggs than other people are able to get, thereby giving them an unfair advantage over other players who are falling into line with the rules.
NOT allowing us to keep our extra eggs active levels the playing field for everyone, it makes things fair, especially when limited edition pets like easter pets are involved.
It is hardly fair if someone grabs 16 limited edition eggs out of the stream at a time while others are egglocked at 4 :)
Okay with this glitch I haven't seen people get out of hand with the glitch. maybe 2-3 extra eggs and that was it. I left them alone. Serously who is this hurting. Not me and cerntinly not you. Besides I already brought my increasing egg limit idea to suggestions that's a done deal. I don't think you seen the point in what I was saying. I added the fact that Tristian allowed people who bought donation pets 2 extra slots for donations and nobody else got a slot increase it's like him saying "I like you the best so you guys only get this amazing thing." Sure you may have more wiggle room to catch eggs and wont have to freeze as much to make space but I think more egg slots would be fun. I hate frozen eggs but I still have a ton of them only because a new relese comes out and I cant hatch my eggs in time to grab the new creatures.
Scorpio17
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Scorpio17 »

cuteAkogara wrote:
Scorpio17 wrote:It is about a level playing field, if the egg limit was raised, it would be different then keeping and not freezing extra eggs you got from a glitch, the egg limit is not the problem here, rather, the fact people are keeping more eggs than other people are able to get, thereby giving them an unfair advantage over other players who are falling into line with the rules.
Okay with this glitch I haven't seen people get out of hand with the glitch. maybe 2-3 extra eggs and that was it. I left them alone. Serously who is this hurting. Not me and cerntinly not you. Besides I already brought my increasing egg limit idea to suggestions that's a done deal. I don't think you seen the point in what I was saying. I added the fact that Tristian allowed people who bought donation pets 2 extra slots for donations and nobody else got a slot increase it's like him saying "I like you the best so you guys only get this amazing thing." Sure you may have more wiggle room to catch eggs and wont have to freeze as much to make space but I think more egg slots would be fun. I hate frozen eggs but I still have a ton of them only because a new relese comes out and I cant hatch my eggs in time to grab the new creatures.

Fairly sure that feature was put in place mostly because from what I have seen, donation pets are a bastard to hatch, and allowing for more slots allows for more donations, which in turn allows for more money to cover the costs of keeping the game running.
After all, without money, we have no game. Its not like people who donate get two extra egg slots forever, only while hatching donation pets.
In loving memory of Morse, my extraordinary protection dog and best friend for 9 years. Gone but not forgotten.
cuteAkogara
CreaturesTrade

Post by cuteAkogara »

No harm in asking about it or putting the idea out there. I am sure I am not the only one who feels the same way.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Scorpio17 wrote:
cuteAkogara wrote:

Fairly sure that feature was put in place mostly because from what I have seen, donation pets are a bastard to hatch, and allowing for more slots allows for more donations, which in turn allows for more money to cover the costs of keeping the game running.
After all, without money, we have no game. Its not like people who donate get two extra egg slots forever, only while hatching donation pets.
And only for the donipets. The last two spots can't be used for anything other than the donis so no, it's no less fair than the donis only being purchaseable with real money. They paid real money for them they deserve a slight perk.
SeaCrest
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeaCrest »

Exploiting a glitch is one thing. Doing it unintentionally is another. However, if Tristan had allowed people to keep glitch-born eggs, everybody would be whining because they got more eggs. The limit is there to make sure that people actually have to work a little to get their eggs hatched. It's not as if eggs take a week to hatch; if you just stick them in the IFN you can get them hatched in about a day. Having more than four eggs when the rule is only four eggs unless you have donation pet eggs, then you are harming other users because you are playing unfairly.
cuteAkogara wrote:I think that only haveing 4 eggs out of time being a rule needs to be clearly rethought because its one of those rules that don't really effect people playing the game
Excuse me? It doesn't effect the game? Then why are you suggesting it be changed? Because obviously it has nothing to do with obtaining creatures, which is one of the biggest parts of the game. Nothing like that.

And being defensive and saying that we should judge ourselves isn't helping your argument.
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

cuteAkogara wrote:That sounds totally unfair to people though. Getting reported for a sites glitch that wasn't our fault and if it leads to getting someone getting banned not only would the person getting banned bad mouth the whole site you guys would be losing out on any people who want to join. New comers thoughts would go to "They ban people for their sites glitches that's a little extream better stay away from there." I think that only haveing 4 eggs out of time being a rule needs to be clearly rethought because its one of those rules that don't really effect people playing the game I was also thinking maybe the mods can increase the limit of eggs you can catch to 8 or 6 for stream creatures instead of just increasing the limit of creatures for people who buy donation pets. Sounds fair. And please before anyone flips at me for speaking my mind make sure you judge yourself first and think "Is juding someone who thinks having "Only a 4 egg limit" really okay? She thinks the rule is a little too strict.....Should I be okay with that? is having more then 4 eggs really hurting other people? If not then maybe there should be some talk about increasing the egg limit like Akogara said." And I rest my case
First of all, the mods are completely unable to raise any limit, eggs or otherwise. That's something only admins can do, and in the case of egg limit, Tristan is the only one who has the necessary know-how.

Secondly, no one gets banned for accidentally hitting on a site glitch. For the record, no one was banned this time and no one was ever banned when this glitch happened before. In fact, in the four years this site has existed, I can only remember one person who got banned for glitch abuse.
The first time we notice you have more than four eggs, you'll get no more but a PM by a mod telling you this is against the rules. However, repeatedly getting more than the allowed number of eggs if you are aware that this is against the rules is considered abusing a glitch. And as the rules say, abusing a glitch is a ban-worthy offense, so at this point, you'll be in danger.

Being afraid of getting "bad-mouthed" will lead to no one ever being banned or punished in any other way again. There are tons of people out there who have talked badly about the site, the team or a specific team member. We don't care, because wherever you have rules and people who maintain order, you'll have malcontents. It's a side effect of society and not worth worrying over.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
cuteAkogara
CreaturesTrade

Post by cuteAkogara »

wow I am getting bad mouthed by mods because I have a opinion about raising the egg limit. I feel I should just never contribute to this site because as soon as I say something I get shit on and people bite my fucking head off. I figured we could all be civil but apparently when it comes to me for having a idea that could be useful in the long run I get treated fairly poorly.
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

cuteAkogara wrote:wow I am getting bad mouthed by mods because I have a opinion about raising the egg limit. I feel I should just never contribute to this site because as soon as I say something I get shit on and people bite my fucking head off. I figured we could all be civil but apparently when it comes to me for having a idea that could be useful in the long run I get treated fairly poorly.
Would you please quote to me one instance in my post that hasn't been civil?
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.

Return to “Community Discussion”