Glow's Entry- Ophiotaurus, Crits and Comments appreciated

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Glow
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Glow's Entry- Ophiotaurus, Crits and Comments appreciated

Post by Glow »

Ophiotaurus

I thought I wouldn't enter, but I just read about this monster and decided to give it a go. Also, I am sorry but no pics. I don’t have time to make something presentable. Please comment! If my descriptions are not good enough, please tell me and I’ll change it before the deadline.

Egg:

A tiny serpentine tail is curled around this speckled egg.

Hatchling:

You hear a knocking sound coming from the egg; worriedly, you bend down just in time to see a tiny hoof break through the shell. Within minutes, the hatchling has completely broken free. Its upper body is that of a calf; instead of hind legs, a glistening iridescent tail shifts slightly back and forth. Tiny horns crown the hatchling’s head, but the little Ophiotaurus is far from dangerous. Almost as a confirmation, the hatchling moos a greeting. Then it bays a complaint: escaping from his shell made him hungry.

Adult:

Your cute, helpless little hatchling has grown into a strong adult. The males have longer horns than females, but both know how to defend themselves. Their hooves are as hard as diamonds, and the snake-like tail has a speared point which can impale the toughest armor. Despite this, Ophiotaurus generally loathe combat and are kind creatures. They can be good companions and have been known to give gifts in return for friendship. However, these creatures have long memories, and transgressions will not be soon forgotten.

General:

Before their recent discovery by magi explorers, the Ophiotaurus were thought to have been wiped out hundreds of years ago. Once living near the shores of the Callisto Islands, these half-bull, half-serpent creatures now live in the darkest depths of the ocean. According to legend, they were gentle, amiable creatures by nature, and the ancient Callistan natives had tamed quite a few of them. After discovering the magical properties of Ophiotaurus entrails, the creatures were hunted to the point of extinction. Therefore, to see an Ophiotaurus in the present day is a treasure, and they are nearly priceless to own.

Physical description:

Egg: coppertone with tan flecks, dark tail, preferably black or dark green, protruding from the egg and curled around its base. For the moment, the tail is like that of a normal snake

Hatchling:

Picture a coppertoned calf mooing with its eyes closed. Legs are thin and should appear quite weak. Tail should look more like a monster serpent, noticibly scaled and has an arrow shape at the tail’s tip.

Adult:

Picture a cow. Now picture an African cow, the red ones, but take out the horns. The female Ophiotaurus should have the front half looking like a red cow with small horns and amber eyes. Tan spots should line the back of the creature. The male should have horns curled almost like a ram’s, but smaller and with the points facing inward. The male might/ might not have spots. Both should have a gentle, placant expression. Their legs shold be built and the hooves should be large, about twice as big as a normal cow’s. The tail should have armor-like scales. The barb at the end of the tail should be like a tall isosceles triangle, maybe with a narrow silver edge to make it appear like a real blade? The tail should be a dark color like before: dark green, dark gray, black, etc.

***note: according to mythology, Ophiotaurus have dark-haired calf counterparts, most often depicted as black. I think my suggested color scheme is cool, but that is up to y’all to use/change/ etc. I said 'iridescent' (probably spelled wrong) before, but I know that is very hard to sprite and therefore subsequently said that the tail should be a dark color.
Last edited by Glow on September 16th, 2009, 12:10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
ImageImageImageImage
LunerUmbreon
CreaturesTrade

Re: Glow's Entry- Ophiotaurus

Post by LunerUmbreon »

yey you finally add some entries Glow :D

Hope at least one of them will win X3
Image <= made by the awesome that is Glow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glow
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Glow's Entry- Ophiotaurus

Post by Glow »

Lolz I really didn't think I was going to. But what the heck.
ImageImageImageImage
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Re: Glow's Entry- Ophiotaurus, Crits and Comments appreciated

Post by cyberus151 »

That is a great entry ^-^
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
Glow
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Glow »

Even if you're just being nice, thanks Cyberus!!
ImageImageImageImage
Manda-0x
CreaturesTrade

Post by Manda-0x »

Yay glow! I'm rooting for you! :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”