Misunderstood

Teach, learn, and share work in the visual medium

Moderator: Hall of the Arts Moderators

Royal
CreaturesTrade

Misunderstood

Post by Royal »

So, because of hours of being sick and not being able to do anything, I wanted to work on a few of my projects. I wanted to do the cut-out face of an American Pit Bull Terrier and also work on another picture that won't be submitted here for a few days since it isn't finished. This picture took... about two and a half hours.

Pitbulls are very misunderstood dogs. They are known widely for their fighting 'attitude' they're born into, but really, the only way they could get like that is because of their owner. I had lived with three PitBulls in my life so far and don't plan on ending there. All my PitBulls were amazing and social dogs. They loved everyone. My first two PitBulls, Tyler and Taylor, I had when I was about four years old. And when I turned eleven, my family and I heard about Hurricane Katrina. So, we adopted a puppy who's a Viszla/PitBull mix. You would not think any of my dogs were this stereotyped breed.

Click to see.

It's too big of an image to see the whole thing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Misunderstood

Post by sammythethief »

This is awesome looking! I love the style you've used here.

And you're 100% right about Pit Bulls. It's all about how they are raised, and how they are bred. They can be loving and sweet, just like any other domestic dog in the world.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
FennecFyre
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by FennecFyre »

I agree, Pitties are misunderstood. I have a Pit Bull myself, a year and half girl named Maddie. She is the sweetest thing ever! When we play tug-of-war with her bone, she'll growl like she's going to bite my hand off, but her tail wags and if you tell her to drop it she immediately lets go. The artwork was really nice, too. My aunt is a PB Fosterer (Is that a word?) and she'd probably love art like this.
ImageImageImage
Alicia, Fenris, and Hattie, guardians of my beasties.
Sometimes I draw things.
I was Wolfcub, and answer to Wolf, FennecFyre, or Fennec.
Nixx
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nixx »

Tis very cute. Dezzy likey. Just needed to say this- There is no such thing as a bad dog. Only bad owners. :yarly: Vick, you know, football guy? Well, I HATE him. Like majorly. He fought Pit Bulls. GRRR! :rawr:
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

I am a serious dog person. I own dogs myself.

Pitbulls are seriously misunderstood because of their "reputation". In actuallity, they were a different breed of dog until humans started using them for dog fights. That is where they got their new name and their "amazing reputation" (I'm being sarcastic there). Not only is it because of us humans that force them to fight by triggering their natural instincts to fight over a female in heat, it is also because of the media and news. They are always hungry for an intresting story,especially dogs. Immidiatly once you see, in big bold and bright letters, dog attack, you think "A pitbull or pitbull mix has attacked a person!" That is only because pitbulls are bred to protect their owners to the death, making them great attack dogs. But pitbulls are really very sweet, and non agressive once they approve of you.

They mean no harm to anyone. In the dog fighting rinks, their natural instincts are tricked. The media and news reporters bame them and make them sound like bad things. And human imagination always gets the better of us. So the next time you see a pitbull, don't think "Oh crap! I have to et as far away from it as possible because it will come after me!" Think something positive like, maybe this dog was given a second chance by a loving person, or their horrible abuse and pain is finally over.

Give them a second chance before you really judge them. One dog might be viscious, but another might be harmless.

(Oh and by the way, my next door neighbors got a pitbull puppy and it is the sweetest thing. I want to rap it up in a bundle and hoard it all for myself!! :yey: <3 )

Oh and I am not trying to sound like a know-it-all, I'm just sharring my personal feelings on pitbulls.

And by th way, I love your picture! It grabs the emotion in the eyes and the overall feelings of a pitbull. Nicely done!!

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link
pearlevil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by pearlevil »

Yes, I do not agree that pit bulls are visios, they are cute, even though I am a catperson, I hate these animal stereo types. I totally agree with you all.

Also, that is an amazing picture!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ML1201
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ML1201 »

Desertstar wrote:Tis very cute. Dezzy likey. Just needed to say this- There is no such thing as a bad dog. Only bad owners. :yarly: Vick, you know, football guy? Well, I HATE him. Like majorly. He fought Pit Bulls. GRRR! :rawr:
I have to agree with that, I've met pits before that were really sweet, in particular my stepbrother's, though I think that one died a while ago. I'm more afraid of small dogs than big dogs for some reason (most likely because I almost got my hand bit off for no reason by a Chihuahua). Bull dogs are very friendly too, one of the families living in the same complex as my parents has a bull dog who one day came running full out towards me only to stop right in front of me and beg for attention. It was really cute! Back on topic, the art style is very interesting and the composition is very nice. I only have one suggestion however, for the parts of the fur that are a different color you might went to make that color not so similar to the other color or else it will appear to be a darker/lighter shade of the same color. In particular I am referring to the color used for the ears, it is similar in color to the one used for the right side of the face (the dog's right that is). You could try making it a dark red-orange color similar in shading to the rest of the colors, or make it a more russet red color to follow the reddish coloration. These are just my thoughts of how you could improve it, there is no need for you to actually do this.

Return to “Hall Of The Arts”