Lineage Description Contest (Ended)

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Atuin
CreaturesTrade

Lineage Description Contest (Ended)

Post by Atuin »

~Christmas Angel~(Title is also link)
Looking for help amongst the Tea House regulars. Your talents are required!
My Christmas Angel family needs a description worthy of the lineage.
My own attempt just doesn't seem quite right or does them justice.
So this little competition is to get your wonderful help in writing a superior form for them.

I will choose my favourite description from those posted here.
And my favourite one will recieve a 1st Gen Christmas Angel (and an as yet undecided small Bonus prize)
All other entries will also recieve a little something from me as well, just for taking part.

Rules are short and sweet.
Nothing rude, and in within 100 words.
Edit: Rules in regards the lineage do not count to the 100 word total. (Just don't go crazy there. They need to be more succint.)
Entries accepted until February 1st, ( 16.00 MStime)

(Mods I asked in suggestions and this was the place suggested to post this. Please move if wrong)
Last edited by Atuin on February 3rd, 2011, 5:16:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...All would love to be clicked...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My FR user name is: Lapinporokoira (Wind)
My DC User name is: Atuin
MagicDream1
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: What are you, a STALKER!? Get away from me! You'll never know

Re: Lineage Description Contest

Post by MagicDream1 »

I'll try to come up with something a bit later, I can't right now, :) Is there a time limit??
Thoroughbred horse racing. It's a way of life.

~Clicky?~
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImage

Atuin
CreaturesTrade

Post by Atuin »

MagicDream1 wrote:I'll try to come up with something a bit later, I can't right now, :) Is there a time limit??
I've put it at 1600 hours MStime on Feb 1st. (I'm hoping with a 100 word limit that that's still plenty of time)
Looking forward to your entry. <3
MagicDream1
CreaturesTrade
Location: What are you, a STALKER!? Get away from me! You'll never know

Post by MagicDream1 »

Kk :)
Thoroughbred horse racing. It's a way of life.

~Clicky?~
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImage

Wolfsister
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wolfsister »

Would you prefer it to be similar to what you already have, or something completely different? I wrote up one that's the same idea (at exactly 100 words :lol: ), but I'm not sure that's what you wanted.
Icethornstar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icethornstar »

I'd like to take a shot at it, seeing as there's no harm in trying. I'll type something up real quick-like :D
Spoiler
With a generous heart and wings that of blue fire, the angel descends, wrapping a protective wing of flames around your shoulder. This fire does no harm- it only wants to spread the joy of a Christmas Angel. So as the beautiful Ice Phoenix engulfs you in azure flames, you feel elated that such a creature would take the time- no matter how little- to give you this sense of tranquility and love. All it asks is for a little cuddle time and some care; in return, this Christmas Angel will forever bless your Keep.

Please, continue to share the love and breed more Shopborn Ice Pheonixes to spread the cuddles and joy<3
Name yours after an angel so it will truly protect you and your Keep<3
Done...ish? I guess. xD; Probably not what you were looking for, though, but it's still an attempt. Oops, a bit over 100 but the last two sentences are just for the rule-part thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atuin
CreaturesTrade

Post by Atuin »

Wolfsister wrote:Would you prefer it to be similar to what you already have, or something completely different? I wrote up one that's the same idea (at exactly 100 words :lol: ), but I'm not sure that's what you wanted.
Any and all variations are loved. The description currently can be used as a guideline if so wished. It's all down to the presentation.

Thank you Icethornstar.
I think I might add an addition to the rules of the comp to clarify that issue I forgot to mention. :facepalm:
Rules for lineage don't count towards the 100 word limit. So it's fine. I like it. Very poetic.
Wolfsister
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wolfsister »

Spoiler
All Ice Pheonixes are majestic, to be certain, with their soft white feathers and eternal layer of shimmering frost, but one family is a little something more than the others. Sent by divine grace to bring joy and good fortune to all they meet, Christmas Angels Metatron and Uriel have made it their life’s goal to spread love wherever they go. Their beloved children, all angelic in their own right, do their best to continue the cause, and will forever grace your Keep with heavenly beauty and happiness. To this day, their line remains as pure as their grace.
Atuin
CreaturesTrade

Post by Atuin »

I've debated and Debated and liked certain of both. As there was only two entries YOU BOTH WIN!
(Icethornstar and Wolfsister)
When I have bred them you'll both get a Christmas Angel and a 1st Gen Icist.

I will use the following:

All Ice Pheonixes are majestic, to be certain, with their soft white feathers and eternal layer of shimmering frost, but one family is a little something more than the others. Sent by divine grace to bring joy and good fortune to all they meet, Christmas Angels Metatron and Uriel have made it their life’s goal to spread love wherever they go. With a generous heart and wings that of blue fire, these angels descend, wrapping a protective wing of flames around your shoulder. Their beloved children, all angelic in their own right, do their best to continue the cause, and will forever grace your Keep with heavenly beauty and happiness. To this day, their line remains as pure as their grace.

Please, continue to share the love and breed more Shopborn Ice Pheonixes to spread the cuddles and joy<3
Name yours after an angel so it will truly protect you and your Keep<3

Return to “Tea House”