Need help with Pixel Program!!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Xenomorph
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Need help with Pixel Program!!

Post by Xenomorph »

I'm a pixel artist, and at the moment I'm working on my first pixel request.
Now here are two questions I'd like an answer to:

1. I do not have any of the fancy applications like photobucket, I only use MS paint. Is there something I can do to make the backgrounds transparent?

2. What site would you recommend I join to post my pixel art and it give the BB coding to show here?

Thanks to all that post ^^

EDIT
Seems all the programs given to me so far aren't working out...
I just need a program that can make the background transparent, all these other programs are so contusing to download and operate...is there anything that is simple to use or download..?
Last edited by Xenomorph on August 3rd, 2010, 1:19:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Doomed into an endless cycle we cannot control.
Sunstrider
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Pixel Art question

Post by Sunstrider »

Photobucket is always a good place to post your art, and comes with the BBcodes in the little...Well, if you looked you'd see it. I can't really describe it, I'm afraid. I don't know about transparency, though - but I'm sure someone does.
ImageImageImageImageImage
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

AFAIK, you can't do transparencies in Paint, however, there is a wonderful Photoshop-esque website called Pixlr that can. No downloading, no mess, no fuss!
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack
TheShadow
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheShadow »

I'm not a serious pixel artist, so I wouldn't be able to recommend any specific ones, but there are free programs and cheap programs out there made specifically for pixel artists. They'd be able to make it transparent :3

And I personally use photobucket and tinypic. Tinypic's awesome because it has a nice short url so you can fit everything into your sig :3
♦ Taking a Permanent or Not so Permanent Break. Haven't decided yet. ♦
Everything I run is closed. All trades sent to me will rot.
Xenomorph
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Xenomorph »

FeralToki wrote:AFAIK, you can't do transparencies in Paint, however, there is a wonderful Photoshop-esque website called Pixlr that can. No downloading, no mess, no fuss!
Yes, this will work, can you tell me what I have to do to make the background transparent? Cause I'm looking at all these tools and I feel lost XD

NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

I know a lot of people use a program called GIMP. I don't know the URL, but I'm sure you can find it easily through Google.
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

HollowSoul wrote:
FeralToki wrote:AFAIK, you can't do transparencies in Paint, however, there is a wonderful Photoshop-esque website called Pixlr that can. No downloading, no mess, no fuss!
Yes, this will work, can you tell me what I have to do to make the background transparent? Cause I'm looking at all these tools and I feel lost XD
Perhaps this article in the FAQ may be of use?
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack
Firepaw
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

I use MSpaint for my stuffs <3

And I use IrfranView for making it transparent ^^

basically, set whatever you want to be transparent a color not used in the rest of your sprite, then save it. Open it up in IrfranView and save it as a PNG (or a gif, but that slightly distorts the colors) and in the pop-up box-thing set it so there's a transparent color then when it asks you what color, simply click said color that you want to be transparent :wave:

Image Image
Firepaw
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

sorreh...
my comp/internet has been really annoying
Last edited by Firepaw on August 3rd, 2010, 12:37:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Xenomorph
CreaturesTrade

Post by Xenomorph »

So is photobucket better to use or tinypic?
I don't want to make it easy for people to steal, but I want to post it where the BB code is visable to me.

Return to “Community Discussion”