Getting Koi eggs at the Koi Pond.

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Phanalax
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Getting Koi eggs at the Koi Pond.

Post by Phanalax »

I keep throwing 15g in till I hopefully get an egg. Haven't scored one yet, but I know I will eventually. D: Do you have more of a chance of getting an egg if you throw in the higher amounts? Like, do I have a very very small chance if I keep using the 15g?

But what I want to really know is, how do you do it? *splashes around in pond*

---
Ok, we've got some things confirmed. The time matters. Dawn seems to work best, I'm going to experiment with dusk tonight. You seem to have a higher chance of getting an egg if you do it on the morning. :angel:

And it's usually just best to stick with 15g a time. Looks like you save more that way. If you're rich, you could throw in a bit more every once in a while, but you'll probably see it won't make a difference. It will cost roughly 1000g after 65 throws of 15g.

Also. Something I do that makes it go by quicker. I open several Koi Pond tabs, usually four or five. This works best with a large screen, too. Position your mouse directly on the 15g button. Click the button, use Ctrl Tab to switch to the next tab, and click again. Click, Ctrl tab, click, Ctrl tab. I just find it's faster. That way, you're throwing gold in the Pond every time you tab and click. You don't have to wait for the information message (the one you get after clicking the 15g button) to switch back to the Pond, cuz you're already onto the next tab throwing gold in.
Does that make sense at all? XD
Tristan wrote:There's a lot of randomness involved. For example, the time of day affects it quite a lot. How much people put in at a time seems more fad-based than anything. Simply put, the more gold you put in, the more koi you get out.
Last edited by Phanalax on June 20th, 2010, 1:47:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Clicks are appreciated!
Dragongirl76137
CreaturesTrade

Re: Getting Koi eggs at the Koi Pond.

Post by Dragongirl76137 »

I am in the same boat are you I was given two of the new koi but I have yet to actually get one of my own and from what I have heard it is the same chance of getting an egg (aka .01% that is an exaggeration but considering all the gold I have thrown in the pond it feels like that) if you thrown in 15g or 1,000g.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
randomname
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by randomname »

I gave up on more than 15g long ago--15g is all that's needed. I've had a couple sessions where I've thrown in 10K and gotten just one or two eggs--none, once, I think for a huge amount. This morning, I've gotten 6 purples, 3 silvers, and a dragon, for I don't know--6K maybe, maybe 7. It's just totally random. I was on a real roll this morning--10 koi eggs in a couple hours out of there is a record for me. That's why I didn't want to stop! All done now, though, must leave computer...lol!
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Phanalax
CreaturesTrade

Post by Phanalax »

Wow, seriously? I'm so going back to the Pond and not leaving till I get something. :P

*really wants to get a Dragon Koi*
ImageImage
Clicks are appreciated!
PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by PaleoMage »

randomname wrote:I gave up on more than 15g long ago--15g is all that's needed. I've had a couple sessions where I've thrown in 10K and gotten just one or two eggs--none, once, I think for a huge amount. This morning, I've gotten 6 purples, 3 silvers, and a dragon, for I don't know--6K maybe, maybe 7. It's just totally random. I was on a real roll this morning--10 koi eggs in a couple hours out of there is a record for me. That's why I didn't want to stop! All done now, though, must leave computer...lol!
D:
I HAVE NO LUCK.
Seriously. All I ever got from the pond was one purple koi. :angry:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
LittleFireCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: We are all brothers under the skin, and I for one would be willing to skin humanity to prove it.

Post by LittleFireCat »

As far as I can tell, if you save up like 2-3k, then go and dump the 2-3k all at once to the 15g donation, you should have a better chance at getting an egg. All three of the pond koi eggs I've gotten are from the 15g button. The more often you hit one of the buttons, the more likely you should get an egg.
Lasciate Ogni Speranza Voi Ch'EntrateGPX+ and other
Spoiler
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image Now with Koi!
Phanalax
CreaturesTrade

Post by Phanalax »

Huh, I've got 446k, so I'm not too worried about running out of gold.

Paleo, sorry about that. xD *gives you luck* If only I had some.
ImageImage
Clicks are appreciated!
PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by PaleoMage »

Phanalax wrote:Huh, I've got 446k, so I'm not too worried about running out of gold.

Thanks. XD And how can you be worried if you have 446,000 gold? 0_O Do you think you'll somehow just dump it all in the pond?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
Phanalax
CreaturesTrade

Post by Phanalax »

PaleoMage wrote:
Phanalax wrote:Huh, I've got 446k, so I'm not too worried about running out of gold.

Thanks. XD And how can you be worried if you have 446,000 gold? 0_O Do you think you'll somehow just dump it all in the pond?
*accidentally spills gold* Like that?
But nah, I've been trying to find a GB Blue Crystalwing, and I'm offering 450k. So I'd rather not spend too much in case I have to build back up to 450k quickly. Like, if someone offers to sell. *shrug*
ImageImage
Clicks are appreciated!
randomname
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by randomname »

If I'm really after one thing, I also freeze to free slots--2 frozen purple koi are in trade awaiting Master Belmos's response since he can unfreeze eggs!
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”