Blessed Valentine's, My Funny Valentine

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Blessed Valentine's, My Funny Valentine

Post by Windi1 »

Ah, yes... That time of year when men try to woo their love of choice, boy meets girl on a date and chocolates get bought by the ton. Then there are flowers and bouquets with diamonds hidden within them for an added special surprise.

Valentine's day also means that we get to see what new pet(s) are found. Last year we had that wonderful relative to the owl. The year before that was the Eshmeri and not one, but 2 extra new ones!

Post here what you speculate our new friend or friends will be and as always, the new release will be talked about here.

Have a blessed and warm Valentine's day, my friends.

They are here!!! Those who wished for something fuzzy, warm and cute got the wishes granted! :-)

Drink: Remy's Shop
Image Flutter Cocktail for 142 Image

The butterflies fly up your screen.

Normal message:
When you take a sip of this drink you get the the tingling sensation of butterflies in your stomach.

Sometimes you get a message:
Wait, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to drink so much after all... Now you're very jittery, swooning over everything, and the tingling in your stomach grows ever stronger. A sound burb later you feel better again and notice a teeny tiny butterfly happily circling you.

Each time a different butterfly token is put in your inventory in the 'Tokens'.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

#1201 Mellivore Brocc

This purple-and-white egg smells like spices and strong honey.

Adult description:
Spoiler
It is often said that no creature, person, or natural disaster can stand between a mellivore brocc and something it wants. While this may be a slight exaggeration, those who have met them can attest to how unstoppable mellivore broccs are. Broccs are related to Arkenian gulos, and the mellivore brocc proves it. With their tough claws and thick hides, they can dig through anthills, termite mounds, and even beehives to get at the goodies inside. They have been known to chase lions and wolves away from their kills, and they're one of the few creatures Raza cobras fear, as they are immune to almost all venoms. They pair themselves with similarly fierce people, usually those who are outgoing and adventurous, sometimes even a little foolhardy. However, despite the trouble a mellivore brocc and their magi might get into, their quick wits and determination can usually get them through whatever challenge they face, whether it's a physical mountaintop or a class many years beyond their skill level. Often, the hardships they endure forge easier trails for those who follow.
Honey badger - Mellivora capensis
Spoiler
.............................................................................................................
#1202 Meles Brocc

This purple-and-white striped egg smells like Spring flowers and libraries.

Adult description:
Spoiler
Meles broccs are not as tender as taxus broccs or as assertive as mellivore broccs, but rather exist in a category that is somewhere in-between. They are often patient and protective, cautious where they deem it necessary, but level-headed and brave when the time comes for it. They have a passion for learning, and will seek out those who have a similar balance of characteristics. Their magi are often pensive scholars, though they will also pair themselves with orators, warriors, artists, healers, and gardeners. They often find peace in their work, spending years or even decades perfecting a craft or even an individual project. The point of these projects is not just to benefit themselves, though, but to bring joy and healing to others, and they will gladly share their skills and knowledge with those who need it.
European badger - Meles meles
Spoiler
.............................................................................................................
#1203 Taxus Brocc

This striped egg smells like cookies and fresh grass.

Adult description:
Spoiler
Taxus broccs have long, soft fur and are the smallest of the three species. They are cuddly and sweet and like nothing more than curling up among some soft blankets and snuggling with a friend. They are similarly drawn to magi who are affectionate, often introverted. They tend to pick their companion when a magi comes to them at the promise of a soft, fluffy animal to pet. While they are tender to those they love, they are still broccs, and are far from helpless. They don't like to fight, but they will jump to attention when the time comes, and help their magi out of a dire situation. Often, their solutions involve avoiding conflict, but if anything threatens their magi or their friends, they won't hesitate to use their sharp teeth and claws against a foe. Afterward, of course, they will settle back down in a warm room with some milk and a soft pillow to take a well-earned nap.
American badger - Taxidea taxus
Spoiler
General description for all:
Spoiler
The three species of brocc look and act fairly different, but they share a reputation for being stubborn. From a young age, they will seek out a magi companion who matches their personality, and once they find a magi they like, they're paired with that magi for life. It is lucky, then, that they make for excellent companions. Broccs are robust little creatures; they're small enough to be carried on flights, large enough to walk or run alongside their magi, and strong enough to hold their own in a fight if need be. Their ability to sense their magi's personality also extends to others, and can come in handy in a variety of situations. Broccs can sniff out spies or untrustworthy fellows, and also recognize potential allies and friends for their magi. One of their most infamous tendencies is to act as matchmakers and find a potential partner they think will pair well with their magi. This can be quite awkward for young magi not ready to find their true love yet, as their brocc will badger the couple to get them to spend time together. Thankfully, a brocc can be placated with a small gesture of affection between the magi, such as an exchange of a small gift. Some candy of flowers passed between the couple will convince the brocc that it has brought them together, so the brocc will leave them be -- at least until the next year.
Hatchie description for all:
Spoiler
A baby brocc is soft and delicate, but that doesn't stop it from exploring as soon as it hatches. The youngsters are drawn to those with similar personalities, and will very quickly find a magi companion they are compatible with. They are among the most loyal of creatures, always at their magi's side from a young age. Because young broccs become stressed when separated from their magi, it is recommended that anyone caring for one waits until it is grown before they embark on new quests. Adults are tough enough to accompany magi to remote places, and can be left at home for journeys that won't accommodate them -- provided their magi gives them plenty of belly rubs when they return.
[/quote]
Last edited by Windi1 on February 14th, 2021, 9:08:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Event pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds,
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, All Wraithes
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: All Event pets, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
Dancingstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Blessed Valentine's, My Funny Valentine

Post by Dancingstar »

no insects, i hope.
Image[
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

i hope it's something cute and fuzzy/fluffy. like i'm always hoping for more bunnies and foxes generally too :lol:
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hitsugaya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hitsugaya »

I hope for Valentine CATS *crosses the fingers* or anything other Fluffy Stuff, i hope the Year of the Insect Event-Critters are gone with the Year 2020. I like Insects very much, but the last Events just had to much crawling Stuff in it.

Valentine Cats please or Dragons or Foxes or Unicorns or something pretty sweet fluffy, re-colors from the Atramentum for the Black Market also would be so awesoooome <3 <3 <3
Image ImageImage Like yoda I speak
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

Hitsugaya wrote:I hope for Valentine CATS *crosses the fingers* or anything other Fluffy Stuff, i hope the Year of the Insect Event-Critters are gone with the Year 2020. I like Insects very much, but the last Events just had to much crawling Stuff in it.

Valentine Cats please or Dragons or Foxes or Unicorns or something pretty sweet fluffy, re-colors from the Atramentum for the Black Market also would be so awesoooome <3 <3 <3

I like the idea of cats or Dragons. We can never have enough Dragons. :-P
My Wish list?
Spoiler
gryphons, hippogryphs
Vahti, Wallatrice

GoblinShark
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by GoblinShark »

Meh, we've got a billion and one cats/dogs/dragons. We've only got like a dozen insects, even after the recent influx, so some more definitely wouldn't hurt.
Maybe a nice orchid mantis? There could even be dimorphism, the male could be missing his head.
ImageImageImageImageImage
psssst
hey you
yeah you
Gobs's Totally Legit And Completely Legal Back Alley Bargains
oh wait hey the thread's gone
whoops
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

GoblinShark wrote:Meh, we've got a billion and one cats/dogs/dragons. We've only got like a dozen insects, even after the recent influx, so some more definitely wouldn't hurt.
Maybe a nice orchid mantis? There could even be dimorphism, the male could be missing his head.

OOoooo... I've seen pictures of the Orchid Mantis. That would be most pleasing, but... a headless male? o.O Heads would turn (forgive the pun). :P
My Wish list?
Spoiler
gryphons, hippogryphs
Vahti, Wallatrice

Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

I'd honestly love a chinchilla :derp:
Or a dragonfly for that matter.
Something that we don't already have a lot of. Variety is always nice.
by Saebra
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

We've had insects for the past two events, I really don't want a repeat of the food-event-critters where seemingly every other event had a food theme. It was kinda boring after the third one (not that any of the food critters where particularly bad on their own).

I'd really like an eastern dragon, I've wanted them to add another one for a while. We only have like four of those, three are donis, and the last one is a really old addition to the site. An intensely red one would look cool. Though, As long as it's something nicely designed and not too repetitive don't really mind the specific species.

EDIT: Five, forgot Kelungs existed, guess we have gotten some recently.
Last edited by blockEdragon on February 13th, 2021, 9:50:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
25/25 thank you so much
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Reima »

How'bout a dolphin, or a bunny. No wait we just got bunny donis
A dolphin or a seal, that's my 'would be nice'
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here

Return to “Community Discussion”